D&D (2024) Here's The New 2024 Player's Handbook Wizard Art

WotC says art is not final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GJStLauacAIRfOl.jpeg

AthenaWrites

Explorer
Ditto. And what is with the glasses? You have "glowing power wizard eyes" but you need glasses? Must be trying to be stylish.

No clue, forget trying to tie the artwork to the game.

I'm surprised they don't have her floating/flying as well.

Well, they have to sell those cards somehow. Two birds, one stone.

Or at least have them someplace lying around in the background!

What? Representative art? Perish the thought!

Doesn't appeal to me, either. Not the style, the pose, the lack of context, nothing really. Take the book out of it, and it could be a cleric, sorcerer, or warlock -- not "wizardy" at all IMO.

Sums it up nicely.

:ROFLMAO: That would SO complete the look!

So true!

Yeah, you'd think with the direction WotC is taking D&D, someone would have caught that. 🤷‍♂️
While I get that every piece of art being busty is catering to one part of the audience, I've been a busty gamer all my life and like seeing myself depicted in the art. Lol

AthenaWrites

Explorer
I don't want to insult anyone, but I think it shows a decided lack of imagination if you think that you "can't do this in D&D". Apparently your D&D is a lot more limiting than mine is!

Besides, it's clearly Globe of Invulnerability. But like some have said above, it doesn't need to be GoI. It could be anything that protects the Wizard that the player chooses to describe that way.
Right! If a player wants to say their globe appears as a giant transparent apple, I mean that's just fun flavor.

dave2008

Legend
I'm not sure what you're referring to here - do you know the pages? I found 5E to be terribly lacking here personally, but perhaps Iissed something.
I shared it two post below yours: post #680

To be clear, there is more in the DMG than what I have in my cheat sheet. However, this is all that I need to improv most any encounter (I even improv monsters with this sheet). Regarding page numbers: i don't remember. I made this years ago and I remember almost nothing before the pandemic ;)

The house ruled items on the sheet are regarding BHP and spending HD. I also modified the lingering injury tables if I remember correctly. Everything else is RAW.

Last edited:

gorice

Hero
Sure, here they are from the PAX East panel: the Fighter image with the Dwarf is the equivalent to the Wizard image in the OP here, and each Subclass will apparently get an inset image similar to this Champion:

View attachment 354209View attachment 354213

Thanks for posting these. The dwarf is very... It's certainly a dwarf. That shield looks heavy.

The champion is great, though. I will always give the one unarmoured arm a pass, because gladiators are cool. Aside from the hilt on her sword looking silly and impractical (and the... Purity seals?), this is fantastic.

I refer to the art, of course. The champion subclass is still garbage, it seems!

Vaalingrade

Legend
Batman say hi.

Not all superheroes actually have superhuman powers. Black Widow (movie version) is a pretty good fit for 7th level monk (she has evasion).
I'm curious as to what word will be next to become a spaceholder for 'I cannot articulate why I don't like something, but I do have this other actually unrelated thing I dislike and assume other people dislike, so I will invoke it in order to convince others the first thing is bad and wrong'.

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
I'm curious as to what word will be next to become a spaceholder for 'I cannot articulate why I don't like something, but I do have this other actually unrelated thing I dislike and assume other people dislike, so I will invoke it in order to convince others the first thing is bad and wrong'.
Ascending. 2__4. House style. Wankel rotary engine. Unguent. Triassic. Hertzsprung-Russell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads