• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Here's The New 2024 Player's Handbook Wizard Art

WotC says art is not final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GJStLauacAIRfOl.jpeg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
And if you just want lots of wizards from the other part of WotC

From oldest to newest

and

newest to oldest

[Note, search terms chosen above exclude cases where they updated the art on a single card]
Yeah, it really seems that the trend the past few years has been to bring Magic and D&D closer together in terms of style and production value. That probsy started with Rabnica, when the D&D team saw how Magic card art looked in a D&D book (whichnis to say, pretty awesome). And D&D book art like this piece...it will look good if they take it and reuse it for a Magic card someday.

Vaalingrade

Legend
ugh. Yes. So much. I am really tired of criticism of recent D&D editions as anything like superheroic.
Imagine how awesome D&D would be if it were actual superheroic and dealt with personal dichotomies or personality vs ability, assuming authority and responsibility over one's community, the psychology and ethics of having markedly greater capability than the average person, and the actual effects such things have on the wider world.

People forget: powerless Bruce Wayne and Frank Castle are superheroes; Merlin and the Terminator are not.

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
I like the art, it’s cool art, but it doesn’t feel wizard to me, skipping right over the fact that white and gold together are much more associated as divine colours, between the glowing eyes, all the floating (herself, her staff AND the surrounding books) and the pose, this all feels way too wild and unrestrained to feel like it embodies DnDs presented concept of wizard who mastered this magic through extensive study and learning and who has it under their complete control, this feel more like a sorcerer channeling sheer raw power for their purposes.

I like the art, it’s cool art, but it doesn’t feel wizard to me, skipping right over the fact that white and gold together are much more associated as divine colours, between the glowing eyes, all the floating (herself, her staff AND the surrounding books) and the pose, this all feels way too wild and unrestrained to feel like it embodies DnDs presented concept of wizard who mastered this magic through extensive study and learning and who has it under their complete control, this feel more like a sorcerer channeling sheer raw power for their purposes.
She could be an Aasimar, even though they aren't covering Aasimar in the PHB. After all, not all Aasimar have blonde hair and blue eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads