D&D (2024) Here's The New 2024 Player's Handbook Wizard Art

WotC says art is not final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GJStLauacAIRfOl.jpeg

Reef

Hero
@Ruin Explorer, fair enough! I can definitely see where she could read as a World of Warcraft priest (other than the spellbook). If this was the WoW rpg, there’d definitely be some confusion there.

However, I don’t see how she’d be confused with a D&D cleric. Priests don’t wear armor, clerics certainly do.

But then again, I don’t read her outfit as any sort of armor at all. Just ornamented cloth. But that’s just the side of the line I fall on. If someone does see the shiny bits as armor, I can see where that might change their perspective.

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
I heard Stafford created vaccines, internet, and bitcoin too.
Stafford had nothing to do with anything so scammy as crypto-currency, of course. The rest is all true. Jonas Salk was a player in well Glorantha campaigns and Vint Cerf took part in wargsming. 👍🏼

Stafford had nothing to do with anything so scammy as crypto-currency, of course. The rest is all true. Jonas Salk was a player in well Glorantha campaigns and Vint Cerf took part in wargsming. 👍🏼
Some say Stafford even killed Steve Jobs and Tupac...

Reynard

Legend
It's a cute idea that several games have taken a shot at but I have yet to see a game structure itself so as to make it plausible.

The trouble is, to make it work, you'd basically need to make adventurers take 1+ year breaks between each adventure, or like 10+ year breaks between each, say, chunk of a campaign, and it's just not very plausible that all the PCs would both get together again and get back into adventuring after such breaks. Life changes happen - people would settle down, marry, have/adopt kids, get real jobs, and so on. Then they wouldn't want to get back into adventuring.
One adventure the characters go on could be a voyage around the world. It took Drake 3 years.

CreamCloud0

One day, I hope to actually play DnD.
i'm probably creating more hassle for myself doing this but you can't tell me this doesn't look more wizardly than the original (this is a quick slap-job for demonstration and im not the best at digital editing at the best of times so don't criticise the quality please)
edit: and this isn't saying you can't have gold/white wizards but in your PHB class promo images you kind of want to lean into the iconic iconography, even if phantom is a subclass you're not going to put in art of the rogue controlling spirits of the dead on their main page.
1711461980693.png

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads