D&D (2024) Here's The New 2024 Player's Handbook Wizard Art

WotC says art is not final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GJStLauacAIRfOl.jpeg

gban007

Adventurer
No, it doesn't. It leaves that FOR ME, which is why when I finally had the means to get lasik I did, eventhough I had to take a long time to do it.

Everyone else can do whatever they want. Just because I say it doesn't make sense to me, doesn't mean I think others can't do what they want, even if that doesn't make sense to me.

Again, the mushroom example. I hate mushrooms, can't stand them. Do I fault other people for liking them? Of course not. I don't understand why they like them, but that is only MY concern, not theirs, is it?

Yeah, no, I didn't. I said, "if they had the means" which includes access to the magic, whatever it might cost, etc. They might be powerful enough, as in high-level enough, to do it themselves.

Now, I also said that a spell like lesser restoration would be sufficient to help impaired vision, and in AL, for example, would only cost 40 gp. That is hardly "rich" and a 2nd-level spell is hardly "powerful".

LOL I wasn't trying to convey any underlying message. I just gave my opinion, one of many reasons why I don't care for the image in the OP. People seem to want to imagine there is one, but surprise, surprise, there isn't.

See, here's the kicker --- I NEVER SAID IT DID have to make sense to me, did I? I said I don't like it because it doesn't make sense to me. Which is all I've ever said.
So I think I might understand now, so if I get it right, when you're saying 'it doesn't make sense to me' you are meaning along the lines of, 'I don't like this picture because she is wearing glasses, and if I was in a similar position I wouldn't wear glasses, I would use magic for a longe term solution, so I can't readily relate' or something similar, whereas I an potentially others were taking it as 'I don't like this picture because she is wearing glasses, and it doesn't make sense that anyone would wear glasses when could
easily fix' - so taking it as blanket statement that no one should be wearing glasses, rather than if was you wouldn't be wearing glasses.

• Love
Reactions: ezo

pemerton

Legend
So I think I might understand now, so if I get it right, when you're saying 'it doesn't make sense to me' you are meaning along the lines of, 'I don't like this picture because she is wearing glasses, and if I was in a similar position I wouldn't wear glasses, I would use magic for a longe term solution, so I can't readily relate' or something similar, whereas I an potentially others were taking it as 'I don't like this picture because she is wearing glasses, and it doesn't make sense that anyone would wear glasses when could
easily fix' - so taking it as blanket statement that no one should be wearing glasses, rather than if was you wouldn't be wearing glasses.
I've never been a soldier or a fighter, and can't see any pathway whereby that would change in my future, and so I can't readily relate to those character's warlike ways. This is why I really don't like all pictures of warriors!

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Of course. That’s what I will have said when the official transcript comes out.
Lol.

I think the only reason I remember that is because I read it in my freshman English class in high school. I remember very little of it besides noting that the Questing Beast bore a striking resemblance to the D&D Catoblepas (and I thought at the time that that's where D&D got it from).

By the way, I was just writing up the most recent post in my Gold Box let's play thread when I realized - one of my wizards (or, as they were known at the time, magic-users) is wearing... GASP... white! How dare I give her a white robe when that color might imply that she's a cleric! Think of all those poor kobolds who were anticipating dying while helpless after a hold person spell was cast on them, but it was actually sleep!

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
By the way, I was just writing up the most recent post in my Gold Box let's play thread when I realized - one of my wizards (or, as they were known at the time, magic-users) is wearing... GASP... white! How dare I give her a white robe when that color might imply that she's a cleric! Think of all those poor kobolds who were anticipating dying while helpless after a hold person spell was cast on them, but it was actually sleep!

She doesn't look that clerical to me due to the globe and other stuff going on.

Gandalf the White, White robes on Krynn etc......

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads