Here's What You Can Pre-Order For the DUNE RPG From Next Week

Next Thursday, Modiphius' Dune: Adventures in the Imperium roleplaying game will be open for pre-orders. Project lead Andy Peregrine shared the list of products available: Standard Edition Corebook (black book) Atreides Collectors Edition Corebook (green book) Harkonnen Collector's Edition Corebook (red book) Corrino Collector's Edition Corebook (purple book) Dune Player's Journal (orange...
Next Thursday, Modiphius' Dune: Adventures in the Imperium roleplaying game will be open for pre-orders. Project lead Andy Peregrine shared the list of products available:

lighter.jpg

• Standard Edition Corebook (black book)
  • Atreides Collectors Edition Corebook (green book)
  • Harkonnen Collector's Edition Corebook (red book)
  • Corrino Collector's Edition Corebook (purple book)
  • Dune Player's Journal (orange book)
  • Arrakis Dice (sand ones)
  • Arrakis Melange Dice (blue ones)
  • Gamemaster's Toolkit (screen)
Andy confirmed that the Journal will be like the Vampire journal, lots of different types of pages and character/house sheets. The screen will come with a 32 page booklet as well like the other Modiphius screens.

big_atreides_special_edition_cover_10_7_20.jpg
harkonnen_cover_6_7_20_red.jpg

CE_v2_corrino_special_edition_cover_24_6_20.jpg

Wow! Those attreides and harkonnen books look amazing! I've been trying to stay away from physical books and now I find myself wanting to buy one of each...

Paragon Lost

Terminally Lost
Looks amazing. I want to pre-order them but I'm sort of sore that I'm still waiting on six (seven if I count the Conan Art book) physical books for the Conan rpg still. I've got them all in pdf but as I mentioned I'm still waiting for them to produce the physical copies as well for me to get. :/

Jeff Carpenter

Adventurer
What about like a campaign instead of 4 versions of the same core book? Other than that I don't like 2d20, what stops me from buying Modiphius RPGs is that they don't come with adventure campaigns. Back in the Achtung! Cthulhu days, they had great campaigns.

Agreed a good campaign is a most. I have too many RPGs that I have never ran because I have no idea how to execute them.

I dont run prepublished modules, but having one that shows the intent of the game is important.

Bolongo

Herr Doktor
What about like a campaign instead of 4 versions of the same core book? Other than that I don't like 2d20, what stops me from buying Modiphius RPGs is that they don't come with adventure campaigns. Back in the Achtung! Cthulhu days, they had great campaigns.
Well, Mutant Chronicles has several - though those might be translations from earlier editions, I'm not sure.
John Carter has one.
Other than that, yeah it's pretty thin.

I'm guessing this is because a campaign is the hardest kind of material to write.
Look at how WotC often put out bad ones, despite it being their main business model and having more resources than any other publisher...

stadi

Explorer
Well, Mutant Chronicles has several - though those might be translations from earlier editions, I'm not sure.
John Carter has one.
Other than that, yeah it's pretty thin.

I'm guessing this is because a campaign is the hardest kind of material to write.
Look at how WotC often put out bad ones, despite it being their main business model and having more resources than any other publisher...
I know that it's hard to do good ones, but that's what I pay them for :) And yes, WotC one's are usually not that great. Chaosium has really great ones, and Pinnacle (Savage Worlds) have simple ones (as in only a couple of pages per episodes and you should complete them for yourself, but this works pretty well).

I decided a couple of years ago, that I will only back / buy RPGs that come with campaigns. First of all most of the time I don't have the time to write my own, but on the other hand I need inspiration as well and they are good for that. As Jeff said above. An example is Star Trek Adventures. They have a lot of one-shots, but not a real campaign (other than the unformatted free one). I need someone to show me how to do a proper Star Trek campaign that is not just one-shots thrown together.

Remove ads

Remove ads