• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Hero Forge in Color Is Open For Busniess!

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Ok, so I switch from Firbolg to Goliath and Druid to Cleric. Here's the mini... I am thinking about ordering it but I want to mess with the colors a bit more:
View attachment 127267
These look pretty good when printed, but a few things you should look out for when doing so. First is the that print resolution is a bit lower than their normal, so try to avoid fine detail bits. Second is that the colors are washed out -- no where near as vibrant as the creator. It's still good, just not as poppy, so if you choose colors that are similar to each other or a scheme with lots of bright colors you're going to lose a bit of that in the print. I'd definitely say that a custom min at the quality and color that comes is worth the $45.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
In hindsight not a great decision.
I found some of the old articles from the 5e playtest dev blogs on the wayback machine, and it was pretty astounding to me seeing the old goblin concept art again, and the extreme negative reaction the community had to that first design. It was quite good in my opinion, but folks thought it looked too orc-like, so back to the drawing board they went.

I would add to this, the mini design game is fun. But as part of the Kickstarter, the token design is just as important as making and getting your mini in the mail.
I have about a forty or fifty tokens made. Basically, I am going through each race, and then designing specific classes. Then taking those classes and exchanging weapons. I am not very far in, but it is fun. (And I probably need to be more systematic about it. ;) )

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Here's another (just having fun with spell effects):
1602597056226.png

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
I would add to this, the mini design game is fun. But as part of the Kickstarter, the token design is just as important as making and getting your mini in the mail.
I have about a forty or fifty tokens made. Basically, I am going through each race, and then designing specific classes. Then taking those classes and exchanging weapons. I am not very far in, but it is fun. (And I probably need to be more systematic about it. ;) )
I'm in the process of going through my favorite PCs & NPCs, it's been a blast so far.

Remove ads