• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Hero Forge in Color Is Open For Busniess!

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
Dammit, you're right. I must have decided that since they're so often the enemy, that they shouldn't have colours that might be shared by a real ethnic group.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Ok, so I switch from Firbolg to Goliath and Druid to Cleric. Here's the mini... I am thinking about ordering it but I want to mess with the colors a bit more:
1602349999206.png

Just remember the age old rule: the amount of money or time spend on a miniature for your character is inversely proportional to the amount of time your character shall stay alive. Just like the more expensive and better your dice look the lower they shall roll.

$45? Damn,
if you need more than 4, you are better of buying 3D printer and paint them yourself.

but they look nice :D

:LOL: Yeah, it's a steep pricetag for a single miniature!

Though to be fair, you'd need a really really top of the line 3d printer to get anything like Heroforge's sort of quality, and 20-odd paints to do all your shading, highlights etc aren't going to be cheap either. And that assumes you're a less incompetent painter than me!

Probably a fun thing to do for PC miniatures, doesn't scale up too well though...

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
Oh, yeah. Unless you're a millionaire, you should buy your kobolds, orcs, and goblins etc from a normal mini company.
This is best for PCs that don't match a stereotype.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Yeah, $45 is a lot, but for people who only want a few minis, the time, money, etc. in getting the cheaper $20 non-color versions and painting them myself isn't worth what you might save. After all, it is only $25 extra for the colored printing--that is worth it to me anyway. :)

Remove ads