Heroes of Horror: Archivist

Ferrix

Explorer
Someone said:
Ok, let me know what you think about this alternative instead; add these paragraphs to he end of the “prayerbook” item:

“The archivist can add any number of spells from the Cleric and Druid lists to his prayerbook, but the total number of spells in his prayerbook not belonging to these lists is limited to three per class level. The player must clearly mark in his character sheet what spells belong to this extra list.*

When there´s conflict on what level is the spell in the Archivist list, the hierarchy is as follows: the level of the spell in the Cleric list (not including domains), then the Druid list, then Sorcerer/Wizard list (this doesn´t mean the spell will be arcane, only that it´ll have the same level as it has in the Sor/Wiz list). After that, all lists have the same priority, which means that he spell can be simultaneously of two or more levels, but can be wrote in the archivist´s prayerbook at the level of the scroll he found.”

I don't agree. It's utterly arbitrary and that is unacceptable to me. There should be no arbitrary limit on non cleric or druid spells in his prayerbook.

I believe if we make it clear to DM's and Judges that not any old NPC will have these spells lying around, it shouldn't be a problem. I think you should put more trust into the DM's who are running games here.

Stick with prioritizing what level it is by setting a hierarchy as we had discussed. Then if any odd anomolies crop up from adding sourcebooks we can sort that out then. However, I imagine it will be a rare case.

Ferrix

Explorer
Bront said:
I mean exactly that. A domain spell isn't one that's a common divine spell, so it needs to be sought out by the Archivist, or as far as he's concerned, it's not on his spell list. Much like we may be handling some of the spells from expansion books.

Agreed... he'll have to seek it out.

Remove ads