D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin nods his head and obliges. He sings songs of Esses and Arideen and remains factual so the Dwarf can make up his mind. He Doesn't sing Helveki songs, since these are tainted by forces he believes the paladin wouldn't approve of.

Once complete, Theremin says. "we want nothing more than this unnecessary bloodshed to stop. This will take time since the wounds run deep. We also wish to return to the prime material plane through the castle we came from. We haven't tried yet, but perhaps some of you will want to join us."

allo

Last edited:

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"I come from a small community of Elves South of Irine. The war has been over for quite some time and most of the people in my village are just focused on building their community and trying to ignore politics as much as possible. Honestly it was so dreadfully boring that I decided to go out and see the world a bit. Although now it seems I am seeing more than I expected."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shadowfell/Imperial village
Seaday, Emperorweek, 4 Moon, 897 AF/Time 0635
Weather: Chilly, strong wind (disadvantage on ranged attacks, hearing perception), no rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

Ulfgar closed his aged eyes and listened to Theremin’s songs. He even got a couple tears hearing the old songs of the Empire. “Ah, those bring back memories,” he said with a sigh. “An’ where be ye from, lad?” he asked Theremin. He looked at Mindra and Owyn. “A solid son o’ the empire,” he noted, looking at Owyn. “An’ I trust the elves of Irine still swear their fealty t’ the Divine Throne.”

“We also wish to return to the prime material plane through the castle we came from. We haven't tried yet, but perhaps some of you will want to join us,"
Theremin offered.

Ulfgar shook his snowy white head. “‘Twill dae nae guid lad,” he said. “Ye think we ‘avenae’ tried tha’? Ye need the key, an’ in the chaos o’ the fightin’, the key didnae travel through wi’ us. Unless ye hae it?” he asked, a bit hopeful.

Your boat uses the Keelboat stats and figure in Saltmarsh. It’s 60’ x 20’ with a 20x10 foot cabin aft and a ballista in the prow (+6 to hit; 3d10 piercing damage). There are 8 shadows about 20 feet away from the boat.

Initiative:
Theremin
Alet
Sayine
Owyn
Beturea
Mindra
Crimsyn
Coriana

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 31+8 thp/31 PP 14
Mindra (+4) AC 15 35+8 thp/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27+8 thp/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 26+8 thp/27 PP 14 Darkvision

Sayine (+5) AC 15 14+8 thp/14 HD 4/4d4 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray, mirror image
Beturea (+1) AC 15 13+8 thp/16 HD 1/2d8 PP 12
Alet Caravon (+0) AC 16 24/24 HD 2/3d8 PP 10 Darkvision
Crimsyn Ledet (+3) AC 15 22+8 thp/22 HD 1/3d8 PP 11 Darkvision

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin continue plucking his lute, and while looking at his instrument "I am a child of Helveki, with all the horror and wonder that entails" raising his eyes to look at the dwarf in the eyes, he adds: "I hope you will judge me on my actions, and not on where I was born".

Asked about the key, he nods his head "I don't think we have the key, can you describe what it looks like? It must be in the castle, because it travelled back to the prime plane, and back again here with us"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Seaday, Emperorweek, 4 Moon, 897 AF/Time 0640
Weather: Chilly, strong wind (disadvantage on ranged attacks, hearing perception), no rain
Round 0

Ulfgar shook his head. “Ain’t our tower,” he said. “We were assaultin’ it when the damn mages did their magics.” His eyes settled on Alet Caravon.

The shadow warrior straightened up. “It isn’t the same tower,” he told Theremin. “Not...exactly. More a...copy. You were transported. The tower was not. The key didn’t transfer with us. It may not have transferred with you, either,” he told Theremin. “I have never seen the key, but my father said it was a small orb of obsidian.” Theremin recognized the description of the black sphere they had set into the center cup of the odd arcane table at the top of the tower.

Your boat uses the Keelboat stats and figure in Saltmarsh. It’s 60’ x 20’ with a 20x10 foot cabin aft and a ballista in the prow (+6 to hit; 3d10 piercing damage). There are 8 shadows about 20 feet away from the boat.

Initiative:
Theremin
Alet
Sayine
Owyn
Beturea
Mindra
Crimsyn
Coriana

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Sayine (+5) AC 15 14+8 thp/14 HD 4/4d4 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray, mirror image

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin smirks at the mention of the obsidian orb. He says, partly to the dwarf, partly to his companions, and partly thinking to himself out loud "We left the tower right away upon arriving, here, but we didn't know what here was. We were trying to get our bearings, then we arrived at the village on the other side of the forest. There, we slept one night and learned that they were survivors from the war. The next morning, we witnessed the attack, and learned about this village. We came, so you would know about the war ending, so this is our third day here. I think we need to return to the tower to figure out how to make it work. I think we will be successful. Would you and others from your community want to join us? If so, and if others from the other village also want to come, do you give us your word that there will be no bloodshed?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Seaday, Emperorweek, 4 Moon, 897 AF/Time 0645
Round 0

Ulfgar chewed on his beard for a moment at Theremin’s words. “For meself, I would return wi’ ye,” he admitted. “An’ promise nae bloodshed. I wuild need tae ask the rest o’ me people. It ‘as been a long time in the fightin’, an’ some might ‘ave it in the blood noo. This place does strange things t’ a body, an’ the rush o’ adrenaline, that feelin’ o’ bein’ alive when in the middle o’ battle, ‘tis a ‘ard feelin’ t’ give up in this place. Most o’ me people ‘ave ne’er known another life. They were born ‘ere in the darkness. Only a few o’ us old dwarves or elves are left tha’ knew th’other world.”

Initiative:
Theremin
Alet
Sayine
Owyn
Beturea
Mindra
Crimsyn
Coriana

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin replies "Well lord Ulfgar, I guarantee you that there are other ways to feel alive and feel that rush of adrenaline". He turns to Crimsyn with a warm smile as he says this. He then continues, looking at both Alet and Crimsyn: "Will you allow, in the spirit of peace, the folks from this village that want to return to the prime to board your ship?"

Remove ads