D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin goes with the flow, and enjoys the active night with Crimsyn. With impeccable bedside manners, he makes sure she falls peacefully to sleep by playing a soft tune, once they are both spent.

He expected the night to be restful, but alas, wakes up with a severe state of dread. He even has the impression that his skin, and everything else he sees is a bit more grey. Looking at the sleeping beauty next to him, he softly strokes her hair. When she wakes up, he conjures his best smile given his state, and says softly: "Thank you for remining me yesterday that I am alive. You'll have to show me where I can get one of those cilices, I think I may need one."

OOC: in case what Theremin is experiencing is a charm effect, here is a second wis save since he is a half elf: 7 - darn! ;-)

Theremin gathers his things, and waits for Crimsyn to get out. "Lets see if this Ulfgar Balderk gentlemen will listen to us" he tells her, as he walks out to see the village

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shadowfell/Bone Forest
Seaday, Emperorweek, 3 Moon, 897 AF/Time 2025
Weather: Chilly, no wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

OOC: Unfortunately, it isn’t a charm effect.

Crimsyn returned Theremin’s smile and kissed him. “I have extra cilices, if you want one,” she offered him, her long red hair cascading over her naked breasts as she sat up and dug into her pack. She tied one of the leather bands with the sharp metal spikes onto Theremin’s arm so the spikes poked painfully into his flesh. The pain provided an anchoring focus, but did little to really alleviate his dread.

(tags Theremin)

Coriana awakened that morning staring at the ceiling of her hut, wondering just why she should bother to get up.

Coriana is afflicted with Apathy. The character has disadvantage on death saving throws and on Dexterity checks for initiative, and gains the following flaw: “I don’t believe I can make a difference to anyone or anything.”

OOC: Still need Wisdom saves from Owyn and Mindra.

Your boat uses the Keelboat stats and figure in Saltmarsh. It’s 60’ x 20’ with a 20x10 foot cabin aft and a ballista in the prow (+6 to hit; 3d10 piercing damage). There are 8 shadows about 20 feet away from the boat.

Initiative:
Theremin
Alet
Sayine
Owyn
Beturea
Mindra
Crimsyn
Coriana

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 31+8 thp/31 PP 14
Mindra (+4) AC 15 35+8 thp/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27+8 thp/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 26+8 thp/27 PP 14 Darkvision

Sayine (+5) AC 15 14+8 thp/14 HD 4/4d4 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray, mirror image
Beturea (+1) AC 15 13+8 thp/16 HD 1/2d8 PP 12
Alet Caravon (+0) AC 16 24/24 HD 2/3d8 PP 10 Darkvision
Crimsyn Ledet (+3) AC 15 22+8 thp/22 HD 1/3d8 PP 11 Darkvision

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin takes Crimsyn's hand, kisses it and says "Thank you, this helps, not as much as was hoping for, but it does help. I'm affraid that this place is going to get me to my grave!"

We that, he awaits his companions for the meeting.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shadowfell/Imperial village
Seaday, Emperorweek, 4 Moon, 897 AF/Time 0620
Weather: Chilly, strong wind (disadvantage on ranged attacks, hearing perception), no rain
Round 0

The party was led to another home in the center of the village. It was dark inside, though no one much cared, though when Owyn was stumbling about, someone lit a lamp to reveal a long room. The rear of the room appeared to be a living area, with a bed and a fire pit for warming in the center of the building. In front of the fire seemed to be a sort of meeting area, with hewn logs covered in some kind of leather for seating small groups of people. In a chair by the fire sat an elderly dwarf, his beard gone gray, his blue eyes watery. Like Salor the elf in the other village, he seemed prematurely aged for his species. In the corner, flickering in the firelight, stood a suit of silvery plate armor with the symbols of the god Paladine adorning it. The dwarf wore a silver holy symbol of Paladine, and rested his hand on the pommel of a silver warhammer at his side.

“So they tell me that our sworn enemies have come to our camp,” the dwarf spoke, his voice raspy, but strong. “What brings you waltzing into the jaws of justice?”

OOC: Still need Wisdom saves from Owyn and Mindra.

Your boat uses the Keelboat stats and figure in Saltmarsh. It’s 60’ x 20’ with a 20x10 foot cabin aft and a ballista in the prow (+6 to hit; 3d10 piercing damage). There are 8 shadows about 20 feet away from the boat.

Initiative:
Theremin
Alet
Sayine
Owyn
Beturea
Mindra
Crimsyn
Coriana

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Sayine (+5) AC 15 14+8 thp/14 HD 4/4d4 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray, mirror image

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Owyn had had some nightmares, but he'd experienced worse in his life and he'd been able to generally sleep through it. The darkness in the home was an inconvenience for him, but he did his best to follow behind somebody who could actually see where they were going. Once they'd been introduced to the dwarf, he stood to attention and saluted.

"Sir, I am sworn to the Imperial throne. While I'm no diplomat, I can bring you the news that the war you and your people have been fighting all this time has ended."

Sorry about the wait, I'm trying to get back into the swing of things now that normalcy is on the horizon.

Wisdom Save: 1d20+2 21

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Seaday, Emperorweek, 4 Moon, 897 AF/Time 0625
Weather: Chilly, strong wind (disadvantage on ranged attacks, hearing perception), no rain
Round 0

The old dwarven paladin peered at Owyn in the dim light, leaning forward. “The war is over, you say?” he asked. “We won? We defeated those god-killing devil worshippers and those rat bastard republicans?” he said eagerly. “Is this why I have felt the return of Paladine’s power these last years?”

OOC: Still need Wisdom saves from Mindra.

Initiative:
Theremin
Alet
Sayine
Owyn
Beturea
Mindra
Crimsyn
Coriana

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin jumps into the conversation "Yes sir, the war has been over for many years. I can sing many a song that tells the various stories, from all sides. As outsiders, we came across the village on the other side of the forest, and when we saw you were still fighting, we knew we needed to let you know that the war was over to avoid unnecessary bloodshed. Will you allow me to sing you the songs of that time?"

Theremin waits and hopes for a yes. If the Dwarf agreed, he will proceed until told to stop.

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Mindra takes advantage of the time to rest, entering a trance for 4 hours and rejuvenating her mind and body. While the others still slept she thoroughly explored their accommodations trying to find any place she can observe things going on outside or places that can be used to hide or ambush inside. She also takes note of any valuables she comes across, although she doesn't expect to find much.

In the morning she joins the others to the audience with the village leader. Once again she leaves the talking to others for now, but she tries to remain alert to detect signs of deceit or threats.

OOC: Sorry for my absence as well. Have some ongoing family issues, but I should be back more regularly now.
Wisdom save: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24
Perception and Investigation to scout the place: 1D20+8 = [6]+8 = 14
1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8

Insight to listen to the elder: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9
Huh. Amazing save, but you couldn't tell it from her other rolls. Despite managing to stave off the creeping dread for now, Mindra still finds herself distracted and unable to focus.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Seaday, Emperorweek, 4 Moon, 897 AF/Time 0630
Round 0

The old dwarf paladin stroked his white beard as Theremin spoke. “Long has it been since we had song to brighten these lands,” Ulfgar said. “Little of joy is there to sing here.” His eyes showed the weariness that living in the Shadowfell pressed into him. His tired gaze settled on Mindra. “And where be ye from, elf lass?” he asked. “Sing your song, bard,” he urged Theremin.

Initiative:
Theremin
Alet
Sayine
Owyn
Beturea
Mindra
Crimsyn
Coriana

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp

Remove ads