D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shadowfell/Essian village
Moonday, Emperorweek, 6 Moon, 897 AF/Time 0920
Weather: Chilly, no wind, no rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

“Sure, we can find Alet,” Crimsyn said, reaching for her clothes, pulling her cilice tight, hissing in pain and pleasure as the spikes pressed into her flesh.

They found Alet on the training grounds. He was bare-chested, his body marked by tattooed scars that must have been painful when applied. His muscular frame bulged under his on cilice as well as he did strength training with a large log that looked like it had come from the bone forest. He nodded to the pair of them, figuring Crimsyn had come to train as well.

Initiative:
Theremin
Alet
Sayine
Owyn
Beturea
Mindra
Crimsyn
Coriana

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 31+8 thp/31 PP 14
Mindra (+4) AC 15 35+8 thp/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 36+8 thp/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27+8 thp/27 PP 14 Darkvision

Sayine (+5) AC 15 14+8 thp/14 HD 4/4d4 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray, mirror image
Beturea (+1) AC 15 16+8 thp/16 HD 1/2d8 PP 12
Alet Caravon (+0) AC 16 24/24 HD 2/3d8 PP 10 Darkvision
Crimsyn Ledet (+3) AC 15 22+8 thp/22 HD 1/3d8 PP 11 Darkvision

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin nods at Crymsin, and approaches Alet "Hello Alet, I am impressed, I don't think I could even move that log if I wanted to!" He says in jest. "As you know, we are trying to head back to the prime, and Crymsin was telling me that we could perhaps find clues of how to do this from your father's journals. Do you still have those and do you mind if I took a look?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Moonday, Emperorweek, 6 Moon, 897 AF/Time 0925
Round 0

Alet looked over at Theremin and Crimsyn. He grabbed a shirt and wiped down a bit. “Yeah, I still have ‘em,” the warrior said. “His spellbook, too, though I’m not the mage he was,” the young man admitted. “You think you will find something we didn’t?” He pulled the shirt on and took a long drink of water from a waterskin. “I can let you look through them.”

Initiative:
Theremin
Alet
Sayine
Owyn
Beturea
Mindra
Crimsyn
Coriana

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Sayine (+5) AC 15 14+8 thp/14 HD 4/4d4 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray, mirror image

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Thank you friend, don't mind if I do! I'll check the spell book too if you don't mind, in case there's anything in there"

As they are walking to the documents, Theremin asks casually "Is that spell book of any use to you? If not, I'm sure it could come in handy as we try to get back to the prime."

OOC: Here's a few rolls just in case:
Persuasion 15
Search: 11
Perception: 10

Weird, the dice roller gave me similar rolls for all 3 rolls, I was hoping for at least a really good one, but I hope this will help!

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Moonday, Emperorweek, 6 Moon, 897 AF/Time 1030
Round 0

“You can certainly look through the spellbook,” Alet said. “And copy any spells you might need, if you have the ingredients. But I am still learning from it. I can’t do everything in there, since my father died before my training was completed, but I combine magic with my fighting,” he explained as they reached his home.

Crimsyn got a light, and Alet put together a bit of breakfast for them as Theramin looked through the hefty spellbook. It was difficult going. His knowledge of the elven language helped him a bit, catching a few words. But he wasn’t a wizard, and a lot of wizard magic was in arcane languages, as well as in personalized shorthand.

OOC: Theremin can make an Intelligence check with Advantage from Alet’s help to try and decipher things.

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene

Initiative:
Theremin
Alet
Sayine
Owyn
Beturea
Mindra
Crimsyn
Coriana

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin nods in appreciation and with newfound respect: "You are also a student of the arcane, impressive!" he then digs into the book.

OOC: Theremin is proficient with investigation, so I added his proficiency modifier. Check result: 15

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Moonday, Emperorweek, 6 Moon, 897 AF/Time 1135
Round 0

It took Theremin some time, but deep into a tome he found a spell with some arcane drawing on it that looked similar to some of the markings that were on the strange stone table in the tower, a plane shift spell. It wasn’t one of the spells Alet had mastered, however, a much more difficult spell than what he knew.

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene

Initiative:
Theremin
Alet
Sayine
Owyn
Beturea
Mindra
Crimsyn
Coriana

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin is happy to have found something, but he isn't sure what to do with the information. He readily shares it with Alet and Crymsin, and if they don't offer any ideas, he'll go back to his companions to discuss what he found.

He is starting to believe that they'll need to go back to the tower and explore further.

Remove ads