5E Heroes of Hydellor

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:16 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Round 0

Liam looked out over a rather dark, desolate landscape. Where once the green grass of late summer had waved in a warm breeze, the air was cold and dry and the grass gray. The trees of the Ravesnwood and Cold Wood had either lifeless branches or brown, dead leaves rustling like bones in the light rain, the wind sounding like moaning voices, giving it a dead and haunted aspect. The road still stretched to the distance, but it was broken and uneven, desolate. The sky was cloudless, but there was no sun, merely a diffuse lightness that made it dull grey.

The tower itself seemed much as it had been before, but now it was whole, and made of a dark obsidian stone, as black as night. It was also free standing, with no hint of the other outbuildings they had seen before. The wall surrounding the tower as complete, the same black stone, with strong, black gates closed shut. The entire construction seemed more angular, sharper, more...sinister.
[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 14/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 6/19 Unconscious, stable PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 5/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir AC 15 30/64 7r to engage characters again.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Coriana, Theremin (Sayine), Liam
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
Light: Dim light
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"Mindra's up? Good." "Look, we're all confused as hell right now, so are the kobolds. I'm gonna take this here head and brazenly hold it out and try to scare the little bastards into running away. Tell me no, right now, if I should stop." Coriana turns to the stairs.
 

tglassy

Explorer
Liam rubbed the bridge of his nose. Of course nothing is simple. He tries to get an understanding of where he is.

OOC: Not sure what kind of roll that would be. Int is +0, but he is proficient in Arcana and Religion. Here’s a basic Int Check, add 2 if either of those would help.

[roll0]
 

Lord Twig

Explorer
"So I wasn't out that long?" Feeling slightly better, Mindra gets to her feet and turns to Coriana. "Anything to keep them off us for a while is worth a try."

She turns back to Liam and Theremin. "So we don't know why is it so dark all of a sudden? Or what happened to the tower?" Not really expecting an answer Mindra joins Liam by the window.

OOC: We came in by climbing up through the windows. Mindra will check to see if that is still a viable avenue for a quick exit. Then will probably be distracted by the drastically changed landscape.

Is it possible for her to guess what the season is? Or how long it would take the landscape to change from what it was to what it is now? Just in case I will make a Int roll for her. If it is Nature she would get a +5. Otherwise it would be just +1 for her Int.
[roll0]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
OOC: The rope you all climbed up with is not there (so whoever's rope it was, mark it off). It is difficult to tell season, or even the time, with no real sun in the sky. You were in the equivalent of around early to mid-September. It is decidedly chillier right now, with a cold breeze and a bit of light rain.
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Theremin is deep in thought, trying to remember if he has ever head of a legend or tale of such a thing happening. Did they travel through time, space, or perhaps the tower affected their surroundings?

OOC:
Arcana [roll0]
History [roll1]
Religion [roll2]


He then inspects the area. ''It seems there is no easy way of getting here, perhaps we should rest, gather our strenght, and plan our next actions. Besides, I have a tale to tell''

OOC: Lobbying for a long rest, short rest, or 10 minutes at the minimum, in that order. The 10 minutes will give 8 temp hp to all, and the short rest will allow us to heal up. Theremin is low on spells, so a long rest would solve that.
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"If we rest, we'll need to be extra careful, we know there are hostiles below us."

OOC: I'm fine with resting, I could use a short rest for my abilities and spells.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:18 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Round 0

OOC: Theremin can't recall anything.


As the heroes debate whether to rest or not, a shimmering begins in the air above the body of the slain kobold sorcerer. It coalesces into the image of the kobold, whole, and without the white blemishes. The form is wavering and insubstantial as it moves. The vision said something in a language the heroes couldn’t understand, looking to the south, toward what had been the Cold Forest.

Sayine whispered in Theremin’s ear, translating the Draconic, “She said, ‘Free at last!’”
[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 14/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 6/19 Unconscious, stable PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 5/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir AC 15 30/64 6r to engage characters again.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Coriana, Theremin (Sayine), Liam
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
Light: Dim light
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]
 

Lord Twig

Explorer
Barely on her feat, and with no idea how she would engage a spirit kobold anyway, Mindra does what comes naturally and hides from the apparition.

OOC: Well my rolls haven't been the best, but we'll see how this goes. Mindra moves to the closest cover and tries to hide.
Stealth: [roll0]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:19 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Round 0

The kobold spirit seems to take little notice of the heroes as Coriana hides. The spirit still gazes southward before turning and heading for the stairs, slowly walking/floating out of the upper chamber they are in and down the stairs.
[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 14/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 6/19 Unconscious, stable PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 5/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir AC 15 30/64 6r to engage characters again.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Coriana, Theremin (Sayine), Liam
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
Light: Dim light
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]
 

Lord Twig

Explorer
Judging that the spirit is not an immediate threat, Mindra moves from her hiding place and quickly moves to the staircase and looks down after the spirit to see if she can see what it going to do.

OOC: Mindra is the one hiding of course. ;)

She will still try to be stealthy as she peaks down the staircase.
Stealth: [roll0] Perception: [roll1]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:20 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Round 0

The spirit continues down the stairs, which curve out of Mindra’s sight as they descend the circular tower to the floor below.
[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 14/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 6/19 Unconscious, stable PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 5/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir AC 15 30/64 5r to engage characters again.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Coriana, Theremin (Sayine), Liam
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
Light: Dim light
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]
 

tglassy

Explorer
Liam shuddered as he looked at the landscape outside. "I'll need a bit of time," he said. "I need to do a ritual. Let's take some time to regroup. Then we can explore this...new tower."

Liam goes to the side of the room, out of the way, and pulls out his book. He opens to a particular page and begins etching on the floor.

OOC: Liam goes to the side and begins ritual casting Find Familiar. The spirit will be a Celestial, and will currently be an Owl, a Great Horned Owl, to be exact. I figure since we're in the dark, that's a good idea. He can use the owl to scout around and "Help" in combat to give him advantage on one attack per round. And it has Flyby, so no OoA!
 

Lord Twig

Explorer
"I could use a rest as much as anyone, but I'm not sure here is a good place to rest." Mindra looks around to the others. "Does anyone else worry about what that spirit might get up to?"
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Theremin sighs, and nods his approval. "I too need to rest, but I agree, we need to see what the spirit does". He looks at Sayine and asks "My dear, can you peek at what the spirit is up to from above, let me know if there are kobolds scheming about?".

With that, Theremin moves closer to the stairs and carefully follows the spirit, staying at a distance.

OOC: I am assuming that the spell slots gained from leveling up are available to use. Other than those, Theremin is out of spells
Perception [roll0]
Stealth [roll1]
 

Lord Twig

Explorer
OOC: I'm not sure how many HP Mindra has left, but it is not much. Her total is either 27 for 3rd level or 35 for 4th level, but she will follow Theremin as she feels that no one should be alone at this point.

Perception [roll0]
Stealth [roll1]
 

Lord Twig

Explorer
OOC: Well with Theremin's stealth roll of 2 and my roll of 4 we are like a couple of kids sneaking downstairs after their bedtime. Pure amateur hour. Oh well, we'll see what we see.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:21 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark
Round 0


OOC: Addressing some things brought up:
1. You aren’t really in the dark, at least on this level of the tower with the big windows. The light is Dim, so if you don’t have Darkvision you will be at Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you get a light source. Once you leave the top level into the tower below, you will be in the Dark, so all Perception will be at Disadvantage.
2. Yes, spell slots gained from leveling up, as well as the new hit points, are available.



As Theremin and Mindra made their way down the stairs, they heard what sounded like panicked screaming. As they descended, they found they were leaving the light behind


“Kobolds found ghost,” Sayine said, interpreting the Draconic for Theremin. They could see that the stairs opened into another door closed door below.


OOC: Ritual casting Find Familiar 1/10 rounds


[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]


[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]


[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:


[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 14/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 6/19 Unconscious, stable PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 5/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*
[/sblock]


[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Coriana, Theremin (Sayine), Liam
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
Light: Dim light
[/sblock]


[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]
 

Lord Twig

Explorer
OOC: Mindra will check the door. Specifically she is looking for locks and traps. Then she will see if it is feasible to block the door somehow. If there is a bar for the door she would use that, otherwise she will see if she could use her pitons (she has 10). She won't block it yet though.

Check door with disadvantage: [roll0]
[roll1] +3 for Investigation or +8 for Perception. Not sure which should be used for this.

Edit: So a 16 or 21, finally a decent roll! Even with disadvantage! :)


After checking the door Mindra looks back to Theremin. "What do you think? Should we take a peak?"
 

Advertisement

Top