log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Heroes of Hydellor


log in or register to remove this ad


gargoyleking

Adventurer
Owyn listened to what the Kobolds had said and nodded silently as something Butrea had said came back to him. "They speak the truth, I think. She said they'd been taken upon by bandits and the bandits had taken her husband and left her with a note. Butrea, do you still have it?"
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/2:50 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 0

LEVEL 1: Dining Room (Owyn, Beturea, Coriana, Liam, Mindra, Owyn, Theremin, Sayine)

The kobolds pointed up. “All shiny things go to chosen ones!” they said, cowering. “In their den.”

Beturea nodded to Owyn. “I have the note,” she said, pulling it out of her bodice again and handing it over. It did indeed demand a ransom to be paid at the Crossroads in a months time.

@Charwoman Gene
@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@tglassy
@gargoyleking


Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+8 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31+8 thp PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35+8 thp PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27/36+8 thp PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27/27+8 thp PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 12/14+8 thp PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights*, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)
 

Lord Twig

Explorer
"Well I think that is it for this tower. We have been upstairs and there is nothing there. I think it is time to get outside and see about getting back to town."

OOC: If everyone else agrees we can be on our way. Although once outside it wouldn't be a bad idea to set up a camp and try to get a long rest.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
We can continue with this more, then, if you all like. I will just need to sit down and think up the next adventure LOL For now, I'll run off the top of my head. As you said, you don't know where you are now :)
 


KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/2:55 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

Getting out of the tower wasn’t too difficult. Most of the kobold tribe had already fled, and the heavy main doors were ajar.

It was a very different scene from when the heroes had entered the tower. The air was still a bit chilly, and a light wind blew a cold drizzle into their faces. The overgrown grass of the bailey circle had been replaced by short, grey-green grass. The bailey wall around the tower was complete, no longer showing the gaps from the siege of decades before, and the tower that rose above them was whole, with none of the holes smashed through by boulders thrown by trebuchets or catapults. The gates in the wall encircling the tower were ajar. In the distance, the heroes could year the yips of the kobolds as they called to each other. The tower still overlooked the road, which was rough and broken, but traversable. The sky above was grey. A dim light seemed to suffuse it, though there was no indication of the sun, just a dull sort of twilight permeating the heavens, making it hard to tell what time it was.

@Charwoman Gene
@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@tglassy
@gargoyleking


Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+8 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31+8 thp PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35+8 thp PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27/36+8 thp PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27/27+8 thp PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 12/14+8 thp PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights*, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Looking at the good looking and possibly single Beturea, Theremin proposes: “Shall we can go first to the Crossroads to inspect the areas, and then back to town. Perhaps we can find a sympathetic mage to give us hints as to whom wrote the ransom note”
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"I thought this place was suppised to ve a ruin..."

Owyn looked around in mild consternation and then shrugged and nodded, adhusting his gear for a trek.
 

tglassy

Adventurer
“If there is a town anymore,” Liam said, reducing his blindfold. He could still see, but the light would give him a headache if he didn’t diffuse it. “I’m not entirely convinced we’re in the same place we were.”
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Looking in the direction of where the town of Bredon was, you can just barely make out a bit of smoke or haze. It looked like it might be the same location as the town, but it’s hard to tell against the general gray haze. Everything here, any colors, look...washed out.
 



Lord Twig

Explorer
"I can't see the town from here. It's too hazy. Either that or there is smoke." Mindra shakes her head. "But look at this sky! That's not natural. Whatever happened to use back in that tower, we are someplace different now. So do we try to rest? Or do we continue to town?"

OOC: Perception: 1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20

How tired are we? If we continue will we start to accumulate exhaustion?
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
OOC: Depending on your HP and HD status, and powers, etc, of course, but you don't feel particularly tired. You can't really tell what time of day it is without the sun, but I think maybe an Intelligence check DC 15 would let yo approximate late afternoon (the time tracker above).
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
"I can't see the town from here. It's too hazy. Either that or there is smoke." Mindra shakes her head. "But look at this sky! That's not natural. Whatever happened to use back in that tower, we are someplace different now. So do we try to rest? Or do we continue to town?"
Theremin stretches a bit, glad to be outdoor. He caresses Sayine’ neck and says “I wouldn’t mind camping here before we head to townWhat do you think my dear?”
He the adds in jest, “Besides, I need to practice songs of our deeds here, in case someone asks!”

OOC: Theremin’s completely out of spells, a long rest would be welcome
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"This place is hazardous. Those scaley rats might be gone for now, but they thrive on the darkness. I wouldn't suggest sticking around."
 

Lord Twig

Explorer
"Well perhaps we should head towards the town and at least see what we can see."

OOC: KahlessNestor, I don't know why I completely forgot about the status at the top of all your messages. It's super handy to have that information there. Sorry about that.

Mindra is a little low on HP, but otherwise she is fine. So rest or no rest is fine with her.
 


Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top