log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E Heroes of Hydellor

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/7:00 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

The heroes exit the outer wall of the tower and head down the broken road. Hills dotted with splotchy patches of grass mark the north of the road, and damp, grey grassland stretched to the south, the light rain from the grey sky providing an incessant, droning rhythm as you trudged along. It was hard to tell how long you had been traveling, and the atmosphere seemed heavy and oppressing.

EVERYONE MAKE A DC 10 WISDOM SAVE

Wisdom save: 1D20+1 = [19]+1 = 20

@Charwoman Gene
@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@tglassy
@gargoyleking


Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+8 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31+8 thp PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35+8 thp PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27/36+8 thp PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27/27+8 thp PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 12/14+8 thp PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights*, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)
 

log in or register to remove this ad





KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/7:05 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

The hours of walking passed, and the thin, dim column of smoke grew closer until the party emerged through a gap in the hills to flatter ground around a grey, sluggish river. The bridge over the river is cracked and crumbling, and beyond is what appears to be a grouping of small huts and homes in the location that the town of Bredon had occupied. The homes had seen better days, but were apparently occupied.

There was a whistle, and four people emerged from hiding onto the bridge to bar their passage. They were tall and thin, looking Human, though their skin ranged from pale, ghostly white to the grey of the sky above. Their bodies were decorated in black tattooed scars. They appeared to be relatively young, in their twenties. The black-haired male on the left wielded a spear, as did the white-haired woman on the right. In the center, a male with white hair streaked with black wore a bit heavier armor than the others and had a greatsword with a nasty, serrated edge leaning ready against his shoulder. Beside him was a dark crimson-haired woman with a spiked chain wrapped around her lean, nubile body.

“Who goes there?” called out the man with the serrated greatsword as he stepped forward a bit in the light, chilly rain. “State your purpose!”

@Charwoman Gene
@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@tglassy
@gargoyleking


Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+8 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31+8 thp PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35+8 thp PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27/36+8 thp PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27/27+8 thp PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 12/14+8 thp PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights*, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Greetings” says Theremin in a friendly way “we came from there tower over there. I think we went through a portal, I am not sure. Can you lead us to someone in your village that knows about the tower that we can talk to? We also need a safe place to stay for the night”

 

Lord Twig

Explorer
OOC: Mindra will leave the talking to those better at it than herself, but she will try to get a read on the people facing her and her companions. Trying to tell if they are hostile, afraid, or suspicious of the group. Also how they appear in general: proud, confident, contented, worried or desperate. Or anything else she can pick up from their mannerisms.

She is also a little curious about the status of the woman with the spiked chain wrapped around her. The leader? A fellow warrior? Companion? Love interest? Something else?

Insight check: 1D20+6 = [11]+6 = 17
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Bridge
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/7:10 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

The four people seem suspicious and wary. They don’t seem overtly hostile, but they definitely seem ready to meet violence with violence, if offered. The crimson-haired woman with the spiked chain around her stands proud and confident, her hands resting ready on the chain. There seems to be a bit of deference given to her by the others, and her green eyes look to be assessing every member of the party. You can see a bit of blood where the spikes have scratched or poked her, but she seems not to notice.

“You came through the tower?” the man with the greatsword replied incredulously to Theremin. He seemed to give a small glance toward the crimson-haired woman with the chain. “No one has come from there in our lifetimes,” he said.

“There are few left who would remember the Arrival,” the crimson-haired woman finally spoke, her voice a low, sultry alto. “But there are some who tell the old stories. From where do you hail?” she asked pointedly.

@Charwoman Gene
@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@tglassy
@gargoyleking


Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+8 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31+8 thp PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35+8 thp PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27/36+8 thp PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27/27+8 thp PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 12/14+8 thp PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights*, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
“I am Theremin of Kelterin. The tower was next to the town of Bredon when we first entered it. Do you know of this town? Can you guide us to those that can tell us about the Arrival?”
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"I am Owyn Karnigran, a retainer of the emperor. It pains me to see that any village in the empire might feel the need to protect itself from strangers thusly, can we be of assistance in some way?"
 


KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Bridge
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/7:15 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

“Kelterin? Where is that?” the crimson-haired woman asked, but when Owyn mentioned the Empire, and Mindra Irine, the four warriors’ demeanor shifted noticeably. They gripped their weapons, bringing them to a ready position.

“You are filthy Imperial dogs?” she said angrily. “Put down your weapons,” she ordered. “You will be brought to judgment for your trespass here.’

@Charwoman Gene
@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@tglassy
@gargoyleking


Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+8 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31+8 thp PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35+8 thp PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27/36+8 thp PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27/27+8 thp PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 12/14+8 thp PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights*, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
“Kelterin? Where is that?” the crimson-haired woman asked.
Caressing Sayine’s neck, Theremin answers: “It is my homeland, a beautiful place, but rather far away. It’s over a month’s travel from Bredon.


but when Owyn mentioned the Empire, and Mindra Irine, the four warriors’ demeanor shifted noticeably. They gripped their weapons, bringing them to a ready position.

“You are filthy Imperial dogs?” she said angrily. “Put down your weapons,” she ordered. “You will be brought to judgment for your trespass here.’
Trying to diffuse the situation, a Theremin interjects: “I apologize for my travelling companions, I am sure they meant no disrespect. We are simple people, and not involved in politics. We are lost and trying to find out where we are. We are no threat to you, and only wish to speak with your learned-ones to understand what happened to us. Can’t you help us? If you don’t trust all of us, perhaps only a few can go and get answers?”

 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Owyn puts his hands up in a placating gesture and takes a step back.

"If this isn't the Empire then I appologize. I was attacked by a band of Kobolds and taken to the tower nearby. These kind people saved me. Those damn lizards must've dragged me farther than I thought... Where are we then, that I might find my way home?"

Persuasion: 1d20+3 7 Apparantly he sounds more perplexed than persuasive?
 


KahlessNestor

Explorer
Unknown location/Bridge
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/7:20 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

At Theremin’s and Owyn’s words, the four bridge guardians did not attack, but they still eyed the party with obvious caution. “Turn over your weapons and we will take you to the elders,” the you woman with the crimson hair said. “They can decide your fate. But no Imperial or Helveki will come into an Essian village armed.”

@Charwoman Gene
@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@tglassy
@gargoyleking


Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+8 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31+8 thp PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35+8 thp PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27/36+8 thp PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27/27+8 thp PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 12/14+8 thp PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights*, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)
 

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Oh you've stepped in it now Owyn..." He muttered to himself then he spoke up to the others.

"Very well then. I don't understand how I could have strayed so far. But Assuming that my and my companions safety is guaranteed, I will submit."
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
OOC: I don't want to assume. Is everyone else handing over their weapons? If you want to hide something like a dagger, make a Sleight of Hand check. They will also take any component bags or arcane focuses and holy symbols, too. They aren't fools. But they aren't tying and gagging magic users.
 

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam holds his staff close as they come to take it, looking at everyone through his blindfold.

“You would not part a blind man of his walking stick?”
 

Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top