• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin nods at her companion, and approached the winged Kobolds. "Pardon me, great dragon-kin. my companions and I respectfully request an audience. We are humble travellers, and have been attacked, undoubtely because of a great misunderstanding, by some of your brethren. As a gesture of goodwill, we are bringing them with us. Some are unfortunately missing, but we had to defend ourselves before we realized the misunderstanding." Theremin then respectfully bows. He then adds: "We are on a peaceful mission, tring to find and help a merchant that has gone missing. We believe the wagon outside may have been his. Would you know the merchant's whereabouts?"

OOC: persuasion [roll0]

edit: crappy roll! at least it wasn't a 1!

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam could feel that Theremin needed some help. He steps up, "We have food we'd be willing to share."

OOC: Using the Help Action to give Theremin another roll. Liam's charismatic, but Persuasion isn't his fortay. He does Intimidation better, and not sure if that would be wise here.

Also, I realized that we never tried to read the journal. Or figure out what was in that flask. Any chance on checking that before we go forward? Or is it too late, now?

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Bredon
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:02 PM
Weather: Normal late summer temps, light wind, light rain
Round 0

The winged kobolds on the balcony forty feet above the party jump in surprise when Theremin calls out to them. One of them gives a yelp of warning as they glare down at the adventurers from their perch, reaching for what looks like heavy stones from a pile gathered nearby, but they make no move to attack yet. The party can see a third winged kobold come flapping over the roof of the tower in response to the yelp.

“Wagon ours. We find!” one of the kobolds barked down. “This Chillscale tower! You no belong here!” it said warningly in broken Common. “Where other kobolds?”

[OOC=Journal and Flask]You can tell that the small book is mostly a ledger. Trade transactions, costs of inn stays and meals, what they sold and for how much. Go ahead and give either a Perception or Arcana check, or Detect Magic/Identify for the flask[/OOC]
[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION]
[MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:
155jj1y.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 14/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 19/19 PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 13/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+2) AC 15 9/14 PP 13 Darkvision Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image

k1 AC 12 5/5 (unknown)
k2 AC 12 5/5 (unknown)
k3 AC 12 5/5 (unknown)
k4 AC 12 5/5 (unknown)
k5 AC 12 5/5 (Bound)
k6 AC 12 5/5 (Bound)
k7 AC 12 5/5 (Bound)
k8 AC 12 5/5 (Bound)
k9 AC 12 5/5 (unknown)
k10 AC 12 5/5 (Bound)
wk1 AC 13 7/7 40’ up
wk2 AC 13 7/7 40’ up (unknown)
wk3 AC 13 7/7 40’ up
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative:
Player Average:
Enemy Average:

Survival:
Marching Order: 5 kobolds, Mindra, Coriana, Theremin (Sayine), Liam
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
Light: Daylight
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
Potion of Healing (Theremin)
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
“Wagon ours. We find!” one of the kobolds barked down. “This Chillscale tower! You no belong here!” it said warningly in broken Common. “Where other kobolds?”

[OOC=Journal_and_Flask]You can tell that the small book is mostly a ledger. Trade transactions, costs of inn stays and meals, what they sold and for how much. Go ahead and give either a Perception or Arcana check, or Detect Magic/Identify for the flask[/OOC]

"My sincere apologies, I never wanted to insinuate that the wagon wasn't yours! I am merely asking about the previous owner. Would you know the merchant's whereabouts? And I can only apologize again for our intrusion, but I hope you understand our situation; we only want to find the merchant. As to the whereabouts of your kindred, they are a few steps back, safe. You can go and take a look".

OOC: perception check for flask [roll0]

Persuasion [roll1], persuasion advantage (assuming continuing help from companions) [roll2]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Round 0

The kobold stared down at Theremin. Then he flapped overhead, flying past. He circled a bit as he eyed the captured kobolds before heading back to his roost on the balcony.

“Untie them,” he ordered. “No merchant. Just female.” He fidgeted nervously.

Another winged kobold came over the roof and landed on the balcony and three other kobolds came around the tower into view of the party.

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
6pmi5k.jpg

Player Overview Map:
161mgyd.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Sayine (+2) AC 15 9/14 PP 13 Darkvision Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image

k1 AC 12 5/5 (unknown)
k2 AC 12 5/5 (unknown)
k3 AC 12 5/5 (unknown)
k4 AC 12 5/5 (unknown)
k5 AC 12 5/5 (Bound)
k6 AC 12 5/5 (Bound)
k7 AC 12 5/5 (Bound)
k8 AC 12 5/5 (Bound)
k9 AC 12 5/5 (unknown)
k10 AC 12 5/5 (Bound)
wk1 AC 13 7/7 40’ up
wk3 AC 13 7/7 40’ up
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative:
Player Average:
Enemy Average:

Survival:
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Round 0

The kobold stared down at Theremin. Then he flapped overhead, flying past. He circled a bit as he eyed the captured kobolds before heading back to his roost on the balcony.

“Untie them,” he ordered. “No merchant. Just female.” He fidgeted nervously.

Another winged kobold came over the roof and landed on the balcony and three other kobolds came around the tower into view of the party.

Theremin presses on: “Dragon lord, I hear your request to free your kin. But do note that we need to build trust between us. If we had wanted to harm them, we would not have brought them back. Had we wanted to harm you, we would not have declared our presence here. Dragon lord, I have a bargain to propose to you. Give us he woman, we give you your kin, and you grant us safe passage out of here. Note that we do not wish to spill blood, and respect your position. We make this proposal in good faith, not out of necessity.”

With this, Theremin waits for an answer

OOC: persuasion [roll0], advantage [roll1]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Round 0

The urd gave a barking laugh and scratched at the white scales on his face. “I not dragon lord! Cannot give you female. Only Kimunda give you female. Kimunda say we not disturb her. Go away!”

The kobolds coming around the tower pull out slings as they move closer.

Sayine hunkers down, her claws kneading Theremin’s shoulders nervously.

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
sqthqf.jpg

Player Overview Map:
161mgyd.jpg
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]

k1 AC 12 5/5 (unknown)
k2 AC 12 5/5 (unknown)
k3 AC 12 5/5 (unknown)
k4 AC 12 5/5 (unknown)
k5 AC 12 5/5 (Bound)
k6 AC 12 5/5 (Bound)
k7 AC 12 5/5 (Bound)
k8 AC 12 5/5 (Bound)
k9 AC 12 5/5 (unknown)
k10 AC 12 5/5 (Bound)
wk1 AC 13 7/7 40’ up
wk3 AC 13 7/7 40’ up
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative:
Player Average:
Enemy Average:

Survival:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]

Remove ads