• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"Well this venture is already starting to pay off," Mindra say, noting the contents of the box. "Any clues in the book?"

"I suggest we circle around the tower, instead of walking straight in the front gate. No reason to make it easy for them."

OOC: If there is no obvious advantage to going either left or right, we will just go which ever way is easiest.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Essess/Bredonshire/Bredon
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:00 PM
Weather: Normal late summer temps, light wind, light rain
Round 0

Sticking to the hills on the north side of the road, Mindra guides the party to the tower. The tower was about sixty feet tall, but the last ten feet was the peaked roof. The top floor appeared to be mostly open, with large windows that took up most of the walls. A balcony parapet ran around this level. Making your way around to the tower’s north side, Mindra can see about thirty feet up a large hole in the wall. There is also a hole in the roof. She finds more evidence of old, rotten trebuchets in the hills. Though the main attack seemed to have finally broken through the gate, the walls around the tower and its connected rectangular building had taken enough of a beating that the party could probably clamber through and over the wreckage and into the long grass inside. Besides the building attached to the tower, there is another outbuilding that appears to be an old stable or carriage house, a small shed, and what looks like it might be a privy.

The bound kobold captives sit meekly in the brush behind the party.

OOC: You can choose which direction to approach the tower. A DC 10 Athletics or Acrobatics. If you fail, take 1d6 falling damage as you take a tumble. You can make Stealth checks too, if you want to try and be stealthy (group check). I need to remember to bring my binder to work so I can make the maps, since they’re hand drawn on graph paper at the moment. Hopefully I will have it next time I post.

@Charwoman Gene
@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@tglassy

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:
161mgyd.jpg

[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 14/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 19/19 PP 18 Darkvision
Theremin (+5) AC 15 13/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+2) AC 15 9/14 PP 13 Darkvision Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image

k5 AC 12 5/5
k6 AC 12 5/5
k7 AC 12 5/5
k8 AC 12 5/5
k10 AC 12 5/5
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Initiative:
Player Average:
Enemy Average:

Survival:
Marching Order: 5 kobolds, Mindra, Coriana, Theremin (Sayine), Liam
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
Light: Daylight
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
Potion of Healing
[/sblock]

Lord Twig

Adventurer
OOC: Unless anyone has any other suggestions Mindra is ready to try to sneak in. Not sure what we are going to do with the kobolds. We can't take them with us and I don't trust them once they are out of sight (or even when they are still within sight, honestly). Anyway, here are my rolls.

Figure I should probably roll for the group stealth:
Group Stealth check: 1D20+8 = [3]+8 = 11
UGH!
Acrobatics to climb in, plus damage in case I roll a 3 or less. :(
Acrobatics + falling damage if necessary: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7
1D6 = [2] = 2

Seriously!? :mad:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
When discussing, Theremin proposes to directly go and talk to their leader. They defended themselves against an attack, but why kill the Kobolds when they seem they can be reasoned with. He is not keen on harming them, since they have cooperated so far. And who knows, perhaps the Kobold leader would make for a good ally.

OOC: Acrobatics check [roll0], damage if applicable [roll1]

Lord Twig

Adventurer
After fumbling her way in, Mindra stops to assess the situation. She is pretty sure their entrance was far from discrete, and if they have yet to be discovered it would be by pure chance instead of any product of skill.

OOC: Perception check to see if Mindra can spot any guards or any signs that they have been spotted by the inhabitants of the tower.
Perception: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC: Are Coriana and Theremin not trying to stealth? Though the kobolds you left outside the wall aren't trying to stealth, though they aren't intentionally being noisy, either. They are small enough not to be seen from ground level over the wall. Kobolds have craptastic perception, so you are still good so far, even with your crappy rolls. If Theremin and Coriana beat 8, you have stealth. Mindra, you see two winged kobolds sitting on a battered balcony forty feet up the tower, below the roof (top floor of the tower). With your amazing perception, you also notice these have the same strange whites splotches as the kobolds you fought and captured. You only see wk1 and wk3. The rest you don't know about yet.
Stealth: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21

2qwifdt.jpg

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: Stealth check [roll0]

Theremin whispers to his companions: "Do we attack the winged Kobolds, or do we try diplomacy? I will follow your lead"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads