(IC) PLANESCAPE: Intrigue

Nordom

Explorer
It seems like Orris struck a chord, as Judex's eyes flare brightly in response to Orris' objections and counter-offer. The nebulous projection seems to swell larger in irritation before responding in its booming voice. As it speaks, it seems to contract in size - the vapors and mist themselves being consumed as it speaks.

"YOU ARE IN NO POSITION TO NEGOTIATE. MY TERMS ARE PLAINLY STATED."

It points towards Orris "THESE ARE NOT TASKS BUT SUGGESTIONS TO PROVE YOUR GOOD FAITH. ONLY THE LADY OF PAIN CONTROLS ACCESS TO SIGIL - MY POWER HAS LIMITS." The creature seems to seethe particularly after the last sentence. Perhaps that’s the wrong button that Orris pushed?

Judex draws itself up, the ceiling shuddering. "I OFFER WHAT I AM ABLE - A ROUTE BACK TO SIGIL. TAKE IT AND AID THIS SETTLEMENT, OR FIND YOUR OWN WAY."

The creature tone brokers no further argument. It has entertained Orris' objections and apparently reached the bounds of its patience. Heavy in the air hangs an unspoken threat, should the genasi continue to push back. It almost seems as if it would rather have its offers rejected outright than entertain negotiation, at least at this point.

"DECIDE WHETHER TO ACCEPT MY BARGAIN" Judex growls. "BUT DO NOT PRESUME TO COUNTER-OFFER WHEN YOU CURRENTLY HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO BARTER WITH."
 
Last edited:

log in or register to remove this ad

Name: Orris Hariri
Race: Air Genasai
HP: 44/44
AC: 16 (18 shield)
Pass Perc: 10
Pass Inv: 10
Pass Ins: 13
Initiative: +2
Auran
Common
Speed: 35
Size:
Medium
Lay on hands: 25/25
Divine Senses 3/5
Rapier To Hit: +5
Damage: 1d8+2
Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10 +0
DEX: 14 +2
CON: 14 +2
INT: 10 +0
WIS: 10 +0 (+3)
CHA:18 +4 (+7)
Deception: +10*
Intimidate
+7
Insight +3
History: +3
Persuasion:
7
*expertise
Slots
1st: [] [] [] []
2nd: [] [X]
1/Long Rest: []Feather Fall; [X} Levitate;

Prepared spells
Cantrip: Shocking Grasp; Toll the Dead; Decompose
1st Heroism; Shield of Faith; compelled duel Charm Person*; Exped retreat*
2nd Locate Object, Invisibility*,Aid; Mirror Image*


"Sure. Fine, fine, What choice do we have?

Maybe you could be a dear and point us to this merchant. It seems as good a place as any to start. And we'll need to know where the healer is being kept captive, of course. And the location of this 'shelter'."



 

Li Shenron

Legend
Grim doesn't quite understand how or why, but the more Judex speaks, the more a sense of relief grows with her. Perhaps... even a sense of purpose. Her voice is now more calm than ever, as she addresses the mysterious entity respectfully but also candidly: "You've already heard my answer on your proposal. Besides, I have no home to get a passage back to, getting out of this bedlam would be enough. Can you provide us some protection against this... filthy threat?" (she indicates the arrow with the vial still stuck to her armor) "Also... how will we recognize the healer?"
 

Necropolitan

Adventurer
Izek feels relieved.

This is something he knows. A job offer with seemingly clear terms and offered payment.

Of course any berk fool enough to take anything like that at face value deserved to have his soul eaten.

Still, the fact that no literal contract had been offered meant that it was open at both ends. Nothing stopping him and the others making the agreement while still looking for other ways out of this doomed town in the meantime.

Besides, if this Judex can point them in the direction of living people that means a higher likelihood of things worth looting.

"I'm amenable to your offer."
 

Nordom

Explorer
As Judex hovered before them, continuing to detail its prescribed tasks, Grim, Izek, and Orris noticed subtle wisps emerging from the edges of the creature's robe. Strands of pink ether, almost like mist, drifted out and dissipated around its towering form.. Was it some manifestation of Judex's magical aura? A byproduct of crossing the planes? Or did it hint at the entity's true nature beneath that obscuring cowl?

The looping swirls and tendrils held an almost hypnotic quality as they wreathed Judex. One had to blink and quickly refocus their gaze to avoid becoming distracted.

"THE HEALER - YOU HAVE ALREADY SEEN HIM IN COMBAT OUTSIDE."

It points back towards the building exit. "HE STANDS AGAINST THE INTERLOPERS. BRING HIM TO SANCTUARY BY THE PALACE."

It regarded Grim briefly, and waved a clawed hand. The half-orc noticed thin, shimmering strands emerge from its gnarled fingertips. The glowing pink tendrils drifted forth, almost like living things, drifting over each companion in turn. Where the strands touched Grim's ichor-soaked armor, the vile substance began slowly levitating away. The viscous black fluid peeled itself from her gear, orbiting an inch above the metal in a slow, hypnotic revolution. The crossbow bolt that was once lodged in her armor extricated itself painlessly and unceremoniously found its way to the ground.

Orris quickly found similar inky globes orbiting just above his own contaminated armor, called forth by Judex's swirling pink strands. The ichor had not vanished, merely displaced in an unsettling manner by the creature's strange magic to hover ominously around Grim and Orris.

The entity draws back, fading almost entirely into shadow. "THREE SIGNIFICANT ACTS OF COMPASSION, RENEWING LIFE AND HOPE, THEN YOUR WAY SHALL OPEN." Its presence then begins to fade, dimming though the piercing pink eyes are the last to leave, the disembodied orbs watching in a disquieting manner before finally vanishing.
 

Name: Orris Hariri
Race: Air Genasai
HP: 44/44
AC: 16 (18 shield)
Pass Perc: 10
Pass Inv: 10
Pass Ins: 13
Initiative: +2
Auran
Common
Speed: 35
Size:
Medium
Lay on hands: 25/25
Divine Senses 3/5
Rapier To Hit: +5
Damage: 1d8+2
Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10 +0
DEX: 14 +2
CON: 14 +2
INT: 10 +0
WIS: 10 +0 (+3)
CHA:18 +4 (+7)
Deception: +10*
Intimidate
+7
Insight +3
History: +3
Persuasion:
7
*expertise
Slots
1st: [] [] [] []
2nd: [] [X]
1/Long Rest: []Feather Fall; [X} Levitate;

Prepared spells
Cantrip: Shocking Grasp; Toll the Dead; Decompose
1st Heroism; Shield of Faith; compelled duel Charm Person*; Exped retreat*
2nd Locate Object, Invisibility*,Aid; Mirror Image*


If the others could have seen Orris' face through the invisibility, they'd have noticed that he was appreciative of the Entity for having cleaned the plague off his armour. It would have been better if it had also cleaned the mud off as well.

The disembodied voice continued,

"While I do regret we couldn't make a deal, helping these people is the least we can do.

The voice now seemed to be speaking to the others,

"I'll move towards the Black Knight - whom, I assume, is the healer and remove one of those berks from the fight. I'm not sure if anyone can cover us from arrow fire.

They could hear footsteps going towards the open door.


I want to use Planescape lingo but it's hard with this character. sadface

I guess there's no other way to access the other alley? Like a side window or anything? we have to go back out the same door we came in???
 
Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
"Before you rush it buddy... let's make sure we have a mock of a plan, at least on how to protect ourselves from more infected volleys. I don't think our new employer will be around to clean us up a second time! Do you happen to have any possibility to share your... invisibility tricks?"
 

Name: Orris Hariri
Race: Air Genasai
HP: 44/44
AC: 16 (18 shield)
Pass Perc: 10
Pass Inv: 10
Pass Ins: 13
Initiative: +2
Auran
Common
Speed: 35
Size:
Medium
Lay on hands: 25/25
Divine Senses 3/5
Rapier To Hit: +5
Damage: 1d8+2
Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10 +0
DEX: 14 +2
CON: 14 +2
INT: 10 +0
WIS: 10 +0 (+3)
CHA:18 +4 (+7)
Deception: +10*
Intimidate
+7
Insight +3
History: +3
Persuasion:
7
*expertise
Slots
1st: [] [] [] []
2nd: [] [X]
1/Long Rest: []Feather Fall; [X} Levitate;

Prepared spells
Cantrip: Shocking Grasp; Toll the Dead; Decompose
1st Heroism; Shield of Faith; compelled duel Charm Person*; Exped retreat*
2nd Locate Object, Invisibility*,Aid; Mirror Image*


"Before you rush it buddy... let's make sure we have a mock of a plan, at least on how to protect ourselves from more infected volleys. I don't think our new employer will be around to clean us up a second time! Do you happen to have any possibility to share your... invisibility tricks?"
“No need to be so formal. Call me Orris, please. And, no, I can’t share my ‘tricks’. Sorry. I'm not concerned about this disease, if that's really what it is.

I imagine we don’t have a lot of time before they are overwhelmed so we should probably do something. I'm going to go stab someone until they die. I will lead the armoured knight back this way first. Stay put.”




 

Necropolitan

Adventurer
"THREE SIGNIFICANT ACTS OF COMPASSION, RENEWING LIFE AND HOPE, THEN YOUR WAY SHALL OPEN."
Izek waits until Judex fully vanishes before muffling an angry scream with his hand.

"ARGH! I hate hate hate this! Why this 'compassion' muck?! Why not ask for something reasonable like killing someone as a sacrifice?"

His rant continues.

"The one being claiming to be able to get me out of this and it's a damned philanthropist!"

Izek manages to regain his control, takes a deep breath, and turns to the group just as Orris turns to leave.

Name: Orris Hariri
Race: Air Genasai
HP: 44/44
AC: 16 (18 shield)
Pass Perc: 10
Pass Inv: 10
Pass Ins: 13
Initiative: +2
Auran
Common
Speed: 35
Size:
Medium
Lay on hands: 25/25
Divine Senses 3/5
Rapier To Hit: +5
Damage: 1d8+2
Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10 +0
DEX: 14 +2
CON: 14 +2
INT: 10 +0
WIS: 10 +0 (+3)
CHA:18 +4 (+7)
Deception: +10*
Intimidate
+7
Insight +3
History: +3
Persuasion:
7
*expertise
Slots
1st: [] [] [] []
2nd: [] [X]
1/Long Rest: []Feather Fall; [X} Levitate;

Prepared spells
Cantrip: Shocking Grasp; Toll the Dead; Decompose
1st Heroism; Shield of Faith; compelled duel Charm Person*; Exped retreat*
2nd Locate Object, Invisibility*,Aid; Mirror Image*



“No need to be so formal. Call me Orris, please. And, no, I can’t share my ‘tricks’. Sorry. I'm not concerned about this disease, if that's really what it is.

I imagine we don’t have a lot of time before they are overwhelmed so we should probably do something. I'm going to go stab someone until they die. I will lead the armoured knight back this way first. Stay put.”




"Just wait and make a plan. Even if this place is going to the Abyss we still have a few minutes for this."
 

Name: Orris Hariri
Race: Air Genasai
HP: 44/44
AC: 16 (18 shield)
Pass Perc: 10
Pass Inv: 10
Pass Ins: 13
Initiative: +2
Auran
Common
Speed: 35
Size:
Medium
Lay on hands: 25/25
Divine Senses 3/5
Rapier To Hit: +5
Damage: 1d8+2
Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10 +0
DEX: 14 +2
CON: 14 +2
INT: 10 +0
WIS: 10 +0 (+3)
CHA:18 +4 (+7)
Deception: +10*
Intimidate
+7
Insight +3
History: +3
Persuasion:
7
*expertise
Slots
1st: [] [] [] []
2nd: [] [X]
1/Long Rest: []Feather Fall; [X} Levitate;

Prepared spells
Cantrip: Shocking Grasp; Toll the Dead; Decompose
1st Heroism; Shield of Faith; compelled duel Charm Person*; Exped retreat*
2nd Locate Object, Invisibility*,Aid; Mirror Image*


Izek waits until Judex fully vanishes before muffling an angry scream with his hand.

"ARGH! I hate hate hate this! Why this 'compassion' muck?! Why not ask for something reasonable like killing someone as a sacrifice?"

His rant continues.

"The one being claiming to be able to get me out of this and it's a damned philanthropist!"

Izek manages to regain his control, takes a deep breath, and turns to the group just as Orris turns to leave.


"Just wait and make a plan. Even if this place is going to the Abyss we still have a few minutes for this."
This situation was bedlam.

" I just made a plan: I will lead the armoured person this way and we can defend from here, safe from archers. If resistance is too much, we can retreat back the way we came in. I'm invisible. Let me use it. If anyone has a way to provide cover - like magical fog or darkness, now would be a good time to show and tell."

At that, he left the room and ran to the corner of the street. He shouted to the person fighting,

"Move this way, towards my voice! You have allies here!"


 

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top