(OOC) Planescape: Intrigue

Nordom

Explorer
Kachil'kcha is what them thri-kreen whisper 'bout 'n yer heads - a zik'chil, a "priest o' change." I got the dark on that bird.

Remember seein' her long before she got that reputation 'n them poorer wards as a killer-for-hire. A chirurgeon skilled in the art of mending flesh and brewing concoctions of wonder. But that ain't all; she's also a master tattooist, capable of etching designs of power and mystery into willing flesh.

Me protege Rusty over 'n the Market Ward say she made her reputation dealin' with the Bad Bloods in the Slags, but he's a recent Gatehouse escapee, so take his wig-wag for what it's worth.

For the truly desperate or the downright insane, she even offers a peculiar service - a barber, if ya can believe it. Now, I ain't one to judge, but to let her sharp blades near your head, well, that takes guts, that does.

Her chitin, pale and greenish, adorned with a dazzling constellation of gemstones and thri-kreen runes in precious metals, catches the eye like stars in the night sky. Dunno how she maintains her considerable carapace, but wouldn't mind chasing a few apples to find out. Aint a tout kickin' what ken a time she weren't around. An institution, that blood, but a rube all the same. Dunno where she's from, but it aint here, I can tell you that.

But them times long past now. Still calls kip in that second-rate whorehouse, but she's been working on somethin'. Healing, wheeling, dealing, what-have-you; comes and goes more frequently, more secretly. She's always been well-lanned 'mong the kreen, but now she's tugging on them strings, seeing' what'll hold.

-Trente, the Dark-Monger

========================================================================================

PLAYER: DammitVictor

1690024436162.png

Kachil'kcha
Thri-Kreen Rogue (Assassin) 3/Bard 2
Chaotic Evil

Kachil'kcha is what the other thri-kreen call-- in hushed tones-- a zik'chil or "priest of change"; her pale, greenish chitin is studded with a constellation of expensive gemstones and thri-kreen runes in precious metals. She has a modest reputation in the Lower Ward and the Hive as a killer-for-hire, a chirurgeon and apothecary, a tattooist and-- for the truly desperate or insane-- a barber.

STR 8 DEX 16 CON 12 INT 12 WIS 13 CHA 15

Proficient in Rogue weapons, DEX and INT saves, Arcana, Athletics, Deception, Investigation, Medicine, Perception, Stealth, thieves' tools, poisoner's kit, alchemist's supplies, jeweler's tools, and a horrifying miscellany of medical and "medical" implements.

+6 smallsword 1d6 +3/bonus: +6 smallsword 1d6
+6 light crossbow 1d6+3/bonus: +6 light crossbow 1d6
sneak attack +2d6

Cantrips: light, mending
Spells: cure wounds, healing word, dissonant whispers, thunderwave, feather fall

Equipment: two smallswords and too many daggers, one satchel strapped across her thorax and another on her left hip, with a bare minimum of her legitimate medical tools and a secret pocket for her thieves' tools and another secret pocket for her backup thieves' tools. She keeps her crossbows-- she has four hands, after all-- and the bulk of her scientific equipment in a "private" room she rents in a specialized brothel a convenient walking distance from both the Bleakers' sanitarium and the Hive.

She's a backup healer at best right now, and I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone playing a more specialized one. I think she's an okay ranged striker right now, and that will definitely improve.

Last edited:

Nordom

Explorer
Crow? No, the person you're describing, my lovely little friend, is most assuredly the good Gentleman Valthor.

I'm sure of it. Not too tall. About my height. Sharp features adorn a long, gaunt, face. Fascinating dark eyes that twinkle and delight as the stars of Toril. Narrow nose that leads to that dignified goatee.

I don't know who does his hair, he's never let me know despite my pleas, but it's just magnificent child. I've never been able to achieve such a lustrous silver sheen with those deep dark roots. Always wears that peculiar pendant, will not tell me where he found that either.

And while a body such as his would usually find itself the host to a great dancer or troupe performer, the Gentleman has a little cutter in him. I've seen fine scars underneath that handsome cotton wrap of his. And I cannot say for sure what his staff is for, but I do know it is for protection, not that I have a mind to care for such tactical matters.

Yes. You must have something a bit peeled in your bone box, no offense. I can see I've described my captivating friend Valthor to your satisfaction but you still insist this creature is named The Crow?

-Lady's Ward Aristocrat

===========================================================================================

PLAYER: Aelleon

DreamShaper_v7_A_black_iron_pendant_hangs_around_his_neck_an_e_1.jpg

Name: Valthor "The Crow"
Race: Human
Class: Monk
Background: Criminal
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Level: 5

Ability Scores:
  • Strength: 12 (+1)
  • Dexterity: 16 (+3)
  • Constitution: 8 (-1)
  • Intelligence: 10 (+0)
  • Wisdom: 16 (+3)
  • Charisma: 14 (+2)
Proficiencies:
  • Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity
  • Skills: Stealth, Acrobatics, Sleight of Hand, Insight
  • Tools: Thieves' Tools
  • Languages: Common, Infernal
Hit Points: 40 (5d8 + 10)
Armor Class: 16 (Wisdom and Dexterity bonus)
Speed: 40 feet

Attacks:
Unarmed Strike: +6 to hit, 1d6 + 3 bludgeoning damage
Quarterstaff: +6 to hit, 1d6 + 3 bludgeoning damage (versatile, 1d8 + 3)

Special Abilities:
  • Ki Points: 5
  • Flurry of Blows: Spend 1 Ki Point for two unarmed strikes as a bonus action.
  • Patient Defense: Spend 1 Ki Point to take the Dodge action as a bonus action.
  • Step of the Wind: Spend 1 Ki Point to take the Disengage or Dash action as a bonus action, and jump distance is doubled for the turn.
  • Stunning Strike: Spend 1 Ki Point to attempt to stun the target (DC 14 Constitution saving throw).
  • Evasion: Take no damage on a successful Dexterity saving throw that would normally halve the damage.
  • Stillness of Mind: Spend an action to end one effect causing fear or charm on self.
Equipment:

• Quarterstaff
  • Darts (10)
  • Explorer's Pack (includes backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, torches (10), rations (10 days), waterskin, and 50 feet of hempen rope)
  • Set of fine clothes
  • Thieves' Tools
  • A small knife
  • 50 gold pieces / jink
Physical Description:
Valthor "The Crow" stands at an imposing 6 feet tall, his lean and muscular frame a testament to his dedication to martial discipline. His skin is weathered and bears the faint marks of old scars, hinting at a life of violence and intrigue. His piercing eyes, the color of ash, radiate an air of cold calculation, leaving others uneasy in his presence.

His jet-black hair, often tied in a topknot, contrasts sharply with his pale complexion. He keeps a closely-trimmed goatee, emphasizing his sharp jawline and high cheekbones. Valthor's countenance is a mask of inscrutability, rarely revealing his true emotions or intentions.

Clad in dark, form-fitting clothing that allows for swift and stealthy movements, Valthor seems to melt into the shadows as he moves. His attire is practical, adorned with hidden pockets and compartments for his tools of the trade, which include throwing darts and a quarterstaff that is occasionally adorned on his back diagonally.

A black iron pendant hangs around his neck, the engraved crow on it serving as a grim reminder of his dark heritage and the weight of his past transgressions. Despite his intimidating aura, there is a certain elegance to Valthor's movements.

Last edited:

Nordom

Explorer
SUSPECT'S NAME AND ALIASES:
  • Legal Name: Unknown
  • Aliases: Unknown
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
  • Height: Approximately 6 feet (183 cm)
  • Weight: Slender build, estimated at 160 lbs (73 kg)
  • Hair Color: Not specified in available records
  • Eye Color: Maggot-white spheres with slitted pupils
  • Distinctive Features: Eyes resembling those of a fiend.
  • Race: Tiefling?
  • Sex: Male?
BACKGROUND INFORMATION: None known.

CRIMINAL RECORD:The suspect, SUBJECT 973A, is believed to be involved in criminal activities, primarily as an assassin for The Knights of the Cross Trade. The killings are swift and carried out with ruthless efficiency. Due to their skillful use of disguises and the complexity of their modus operandi, their identity remains difficult to ascertain.

WITNESSES AND TESTIMONIES:Numerous witness testimonies have been collected in relation to SUBJECT 973A. However, the accounts vary widely, and many witnesses have conflicting descriptions of the suspect. Some witnesses claim to have seen a figure with maggot-white eyes and slitted pupils, while others describe a person with entirely different features. A few witnesses even reported encountering a cloaked figure with no discernible face.

WITNESS TESTIMONIES and SURVEILLANCE REPORTS:

1. Witness A:"...had a menacing aura, and their eyes... their eyes were unnatural, like those of a fiend. I'd never seen anything like it before."
  2. Witness B:"I saw someone with black hair, but I can't be sure about their eyes. They wore a cloak, and their face was hidden. I can't remember any other details."
  3. Witness C:"He appeared harmless, with no standout features. But when he attacked, he moved like a ghost, silent and swift."
  4. Witness D: "Pike off lobstah. Go kiss a succubus!"
  5. REDACTED: "I'm savvy tae 'is nature an' I kin tell ye more.. fer a price."

EVIDENCE: Physical evidence directly linking SUBJECT 973A to their crimes has been scarce. The few items recovered from crime scenes appear ordinary, providing no concrete leads.

MODUS OPERANDI: SUBJECT 973A displays a level of creativity in their murders, making use of various spells and strategic locations for their killings. The consistent element seems to be the removal of the victims' eyes, suggesting a potential ritualistic or symbolic purpose. Unclear whether all murders can be attributed to suspect versus emulators.

INTERROGATION NOTES:[No information available]

PLANAR TRAVEL RECORDS:[No specific records of planar travel have been found]

Caution is advised when approaching SUBJECT 973A, as their elusiveness and unpredictable nature pose significant challenges for apprehension and investigation.

-Barracks Archives, File on SUBJECT 973A

===========================================================================
PLAYER: Necropolitan

1690076056041.png

Character: Izek "Green Eyes" Qine
Class: Warlock (The Fiend) 5
Race: Human (Variant)
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Background: Faction Agent

[ABILITY SCORES]
Strength
8 (-1)
Dexterity 14 (+2)
Constitution 12 (+1)
Intelligence 14 (+2)
Wisdom 10 (+0)
Charisma 19 (+4)

[PROFICIENCIES]
Proficiency Bonus
+3
Saves Wis +3, Cha +7
Skills Arcana +5, Deception +7, Insight +3, Intimidation +7, Persuasion +7 (Passive Perception 10)
Weapons simple weapons
Armors light armor,
Tools:
Languages Common, Abyssal, Celestial, Infernal

[COMBAT]
HP
33; HD 5d8
Init +1; Speed 30 ft.
AC 14 (Studded Leather 12, Dexterity +2)
Dagger. Melee: +4 (1d4+1 piercing; finesse, light, thrown (range 20/60))

[SPELLS]
Spellcasting Ability
Charisma; Spells Save DC 15 ; Spells Attack Bonus +7
Slots - / - / 2
Known Spells (3) / 3 / 2 / 1
- Level 0:
Eldritch Blast
Mage Hand
Prestidigitation,
Toll the Dead
Vicious Mockery

- Level 1:
Burning Hands
Command
Hex

- Level 2:
Darkness
Misty Step

- Level 3:
Enemies Abound

[FEATURES & TRAITS]​

Expanded Spell List
Dark One's Blessing
Pact Magic
Eldritch Invocations (Agonizing Blast, Devil's Sight, Mask of Many Faces)
Pact Boon (Pact of the Tome : mind sliver, message, vicious mockery)
Telekinetic (mage hand at will)
Safe Haven

[EQUIPMENT]​

Dagger, Studded Leather, arcane focus/rod, backpack, crowbar, hammer, piton (10), torch (10), tinderbox, rations/1 day (10), waterskin, rope/silk 50 feet, clothes/common, emblem of your faction, copy of a seminal faction text, Book of Shadows, 2 Uncommon Potions of Healing.

674 GP

Last edited:

Nordom

Explorer
Deep within the mining tunnel, I toiled as a humble axe-man, just another mundane day amidst the earthen walls. The soft glow of my lantern cast flickering shadows, and the air was thick with the scent of dust and sweat. Yet, an eerie feeling lingered, as if an unseen malevolence watched from the darkness. Unbeknownst to me, the Reaper itself had set its sights upon me. As a monster with a thirst for blood, it concealed its sinister intent beneath a veil of shadows, awaiting the opportune moment to strike.

It emerged suddenly, as Death tends to - from the shadows, its monstrous form ascending into the sky like a fearsome bird of prey. Frozen with terror, I found myself face-to-face with an entity that embodied malevolence itself. The world seemed to still as our eyes met, and a chilling silence hung in the air. In the blink of an eye, it lunged at me, wielding a wicked dagger with deadly intent. Its attack was swift and merciless, leaving me no time to comprehend the peril I was in. But fate had other plans.

Just as its dagger descended upon me, the mine trembled and quaked, an unexpected cave-in showering us in a storm of dust and debris. The tunnel collapsed around us, saving me from its deadly blow by the sheer force of nature's wrath. As the dust settled, I lay buried beneath the rubble, gasping for breath and dazed by the near brush with the Grim. My heart raced. I would live, for now.

-A miner who didn't actually know Grim's name

========================================================================
PLAYER: Li Shenron
Grim.jpg

Name: Grim
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Rogue (Arcane Trickster)
Background: Acolyte (Luthic)
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Ability Scores
Strength: 10
Dexterity: 16 (+3)
Constitution: 11
Intelligence: 14 (+2)
Wisdom: 14 (+2)
Charisma: 10

Proficiencies (prof.bonus +3):
Armor: Light armor
Weapons: Simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
Saving Throws: Dexterity, Intelligence
Skills: Acrobatics, Insight, Intimidation, Investigation, Perception, Religion, Stealth
Expertise: Acrobatics, Stealth
Tools: Thieves' Tools
Languages: Common, Orc, Thieves' Cant, Draconic, Abyssal

Combat stats
Hit Points: 8 + 4d8
Armor Class: 15
Size: medium
Speed: 30 feet

Dagger: +6 attack, 1d4+3 piercing, range 20/60
Rapier: +6 attack, 1d6+3 piercing
Shortbow: +6 attack, 1d6+3 piercing, range 80/320
Sneak Attack +3d6

Cunning Action: Dash, Disengage, Hide or control Mage Hand (bonus action)
Uncanny Dodge: when an attacker that you can see hits you with an attack, halve the attack's damage (reaction)
Relentless Endurance: when reduced to 0 HP but not killed outright, can drop to 1 HP instead (1/long rest)
Savage Attacks: on a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, roll one additional weapon damage dice

Spellcasting
Cantrips: Mage Hand, Friends, Poison Spray
Spells: Charm Person, Disguise Self, Sleep, Feather Fall
Spell slots: 3
Spell save DC 13
Spell attack modifier +5

Other special abilities
Darkvision (60ft)
Mage Hand Legerdemain
Shelter of the Faithful

Equipment
Leather armor, two daggers, rapier, shortbow and quiver of 20 arrows
Dungeoneer's pack (backpack, crowbar, hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, tinderbox, 10 days rations, waterskin, 50ft rope)
Thieves' tools
Potion of Climbing, Potion of Water Breathing
500 gp plus 1d10 x 25 gp

Physical Description
Standing at 5 and a half feet, Grim is somewhat smaller and more slender than the average Half-Orc woman, but her grey-greenish skin and sharp fangs make her heritage unmistakable. She appears very nimble and hardly makes much sound as she walks, despite wearing studded leather reinforced with extra protective junk as her everyday clothes. A tattoo of sort is visible on her left arm, and a more acute observer might also notice that, while at first sight she seems to sport perfectly cared skin, a variety of scars and stitches are only partially concealed by the edges of her pieces of vestment. Her mannerisms are very calm and relaxed, but a hint of rage seems to glitter behind her eyes.

Nordom

Explorer
Ah, Orris!

That wretched offspring of a small-time player from that little-known house.

How amusing it was to witness the feeble attempts of such insignificant beings navigate Court politics. One cannot help but chuckle at the sheer audacity of those who dared to reach so high, only to be crushed by the weight of their own incompetence.

He fled like a common criminal. A dog.

He shall remain a laughable specter, forever destined to dance on the fringes of true nobility. The winds of destiny have decreed that he shall never rise above his base origins, forever condemned to grovel before those who were born with true grace and privilege. So let him plot and scheme, for in the end, Orris will find that the winds of fate are not so easily swayed by the whims of the petty.

-Sertheani, Rival Genasi Noble

========================================================================

PLAYER: TaranTheWanderer
paladin-class.jpg

Name: Orris Hariri
Race: Air Genasi
Class: Paladin
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Background: Courtier

Stats:

• Strength: 10 (+0)
  • Dexterity: 14 (+2)
  • Constitution: 14 (+2)
  • Intelligence: 10 (+0)
  • Wisdom: 12 (+1)
  • Charisma: 16 (+3)

Abilities

• Speed: 35 feet
  • Size: Medium
  • Lay on Hands: 25/25 (Pool of healing energy)
  • Rapier: 1d8+2 (Melee weapon attack)
  • Spell Save DC: 15 (Spell save difficulty class)
Armor Class: 15 (17 with shield)

Hit Points: 44/44

Initiative: +2

Spells?

Equipment

• Fine Clothes
  • Signet Ring
  • Starting Gold: 150 gp
  • Priest's Pack (Includes a variety of religious items)
  • Rapier (a slender, piercing melee weapon)
  • Shield (to bolster AC in combat)
Backstory
In the elemental plane of air, upon a massive island continent floating in the infinite sky, Orris was the son of a minor noble, always embroiled in intricate politics. When a major player among the nobility moved to seize the throne, Orris' family backed the wrong side. When the coup failed, Orris' father was beheaded, and Orris was forced to flee.

Life at court has made him calculating and deceitful. He strives to regain a position of power and wealth and to lord it over people beneath him.

Description
Orris is handsome or, more accurately, beautiful. He stands just under six feet tall, his hair is a hazy mist that flows with an unseen breeze and sometimes crackles with a charge. He is well-mannered, cultured, and dresses in tailored clothes, enjoying the finer things in life.

He travels with a small entourage of servants.

Last edited:

Nordom

Explorer
Hi everyone, when posting could you write your character's actions in the regular text color (white or black depending on whether you have ENWorld on Darkmode), and write dialogue as italicized in the following colors:

Nordom
Kachil'kcha
Orris
Grim
Izek

I'm using Darkmode, so these are all easy to see. If you are not using Darkmode, and one of these is difficult to read, let me know and I can change it.

Yellow is more difficult to read but I can use dark mode.
I noticed my stats and skills aren't accurate. I can more plainy explain my stat boosts either here or via DM. Up to you. That said, I may wiggle some things around a bit (like a boosting dex and lowering Charisma..I'm waffling.). Besides that, my character is completely finalized on the other thread.

PS: Sertheani is a jerk! :)

Last edited:

Nordom

Explorer
Yellow is more difficult to read but I can use dark mode.
I noticed my stats and skills aren't accurate. I can more plainy explain my stat boosts either here or via DM. Up to you. That said, I may wiggle some things around a bit (like a boosting dex and lowering Charisma..I'm waffling.). Besides that, my character is completely finalized on the other thread.

PS: Sertheani is a jerk! :)
I can try changing it to Orange or something that isn’t too similar to Grim.

Also I realize the folly of posting character sheets - the players cant edit them..

How about you and others just repost your sheet here and make the edits you need.

Ps. Haha! Thank you! I was trying to channel my inner Lucius Malloy

Orris Hariri
Class: Paladin (treachery)

Name: Orris Hariri
Race: Air Genasai
HP: 44/44
AC: 16 (18 shield)
Pass Perc: 10
Pass Inv: 10
Pass Ins: 13
Initiative: +2
Auran
Common
Speed: 35
Size:
Medium
Lay on hands: 25/25
Divine Senses 3/5
Rapier: 1d8+2 Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10 +0
DEX: 14 +2
CON: 14 +2
INT: 10 +0
WIS: 10 +1 (+4)
CHA:18 +4 (+7)
Deception: 10*
Intimidate
+7
Insight +3
History: +3
Persuasion:
*expertise
Slots
1st: [] [] [] []
2nd: [] []
1/Long Rest: []Feather Fall; [X} Levitate;

Prepared spells
Cantrip: Shocking Grasp; Toll the Dead; Decompose
1st Heroism; Shield of Faith; compelled duel; Charm Person*; Exped retreat*
2nd Locate Object, Invisibility*,Aid; Mirror Image*

paladin-class.jpg

Orris is handsome or, more accurately, beautiful. He stands just under six feet tall, his hair is a hazy mist that flows with an unseen breeze and sometimes crackles with a charge. He is well mannered, cultured and dresses in tailored clothes and enjoys the finer things in life. He has an easy manner about him and much in life makes him smile. Such mannerisms make him fine company but the unwary or unwitting could easily miss any slight against him - and slights come as easily to him as his smiles. The unwary or unwitting may find themselves at the end of his sword, not even aware what act caused such displeasure but, nonetheless, his smile being the last thing in this life that they see.
Divine Sense: detect undead, fiends and celestials within 60. Detect (un)holy objects or ground within 60 feet.
Lay on Hands: 5 hp/level of curing as an action. Or cure one or more disease with a cost of 5hp each as a single action
Fighting Style: Blessed Warrior: Toll the dead and Decompose
Spellcasting
Divine Smite: Use spell slots to do extra d8 damages (depending on slot); Extra d8 damage against undead and fiends.
Divine Health: Immune to disease
Sacred Oath: Treachery
Extra Attack: 2 attacks/round

Channel Divinity​

• Conjure Duplicate.As an action, you create a visual illusion of yourself that lasts for 1 minute, or until you lose your concentration (as if you were concentrating on a spell). The illusion appears in an unoccupied space of your choice that you can see within 30 feet of you. The illusion looks exactly like you; it is silent; it is your size, is insubstantial, and doesn’t occupy its space; and it is unaffected by attacks and damage. As a bonus action on your turn, you can move the illusion up to 30 feet to a space you can see, but the illusion must remain within 120 feet of you.
    • For the duration, you can cast spells as though you were in the illusion’s space, but you must use your own senses. Additionally, when both you and your illusion are within 5 feet of a creature that can see the illusion, you have advantage on attack rolls against that creature, given how uncanny the illusion is.
  • Poison Strike. You can use your Channel Divinity to make a weapon deadlier. As a bonus action, you touch one weapon or piece of ammunition and conjure a special poison on it. The poison lasts for 1 minute. The next time you hit a target with an attack using that weapon or ammunition, the target takes poison damage immediately after the attack. The poison damage equals 2d10 + your paladin level, or 20 + your paladin level if you had advantage on the attack roll.
  • Ability Score Increase. When determining your character’s ability scores, increase one score by 2 and increase a different score by 1, or increase three different scores by 1. You can't raise any of your scores above 20.
  • Creature Type. You are a Humanoid.
  • Size. You are Medium or Small. You choose the size when you select this race.
  • Speed. Your walking speed is 35 feet.
  • Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light and in darkness as if it were dim light. You discern colors in that darkness only as shades of gray.
  • Unending Breath. You can hold your breath indefinitely while you’re not incapacitated.
  • Lightning Resistance. You have resistance to lightning damage.
  • Mingle with the Wind. You know the Shocking Grasp cantrip. Starting at 3rd level, you can cast the Feather Fall spell with this trait, without requiring a material component. Starting at 5th level, you can also cast the Levitate spell with this trait, without requiring a material component. Once you cast Feather Fall or Levitate with this trait, you can’t cast that spell with it again until you finish a long rest. You can also cast either of those spells using any spell slots you have of the appropriate level.
    • Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma is your spellcasting ability for these spells when you cast them with this trait (choose when you select this race).
  • Languages. Your character can speak, read, and write Common and one other language that you and your DM agree is appropriate for the character. The Player’s Handbook offers a list of languages to choose from. The DM is free to modify that list for a campaign.
Fine Clothes
Signet Ring
298gp
Explorer's Pack
Rapier
Shield
Breast Plate
Dagger

Last edited:

Remove ads