(IC) PLANESCAPE: Intrigue

Name: Orris Hariri
Race: Air Genasai
HP: 44/44
AC: 16 (18 shield)
Pass Perc: 10
Pass Inv: 10
Pass Ins: 13
Initiative: +2
Auran
Common
Speed: 35
Size:
Medium
Lay on hands: 25/25
Divine Senses 3/5
Rapier To Hit: +5
Damage: 1d8+2
Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10 +0
DEX: 14 +2
CON: 14 +2
INT: 10 +0
WIS: 10 +0 (+3)
CHA:18 +4 (+7)
Deception: +10*
Intimidate
+7
Insight +3
History: +3
Persuasion:
7
*expertise
Slots
1st: [] [] [] []
2nd: [] [X]
1/Long Rest: []Feather Fall; [X} Levitate;

Prepared spells
Cantrip: Shocking Grasp; Toll the Dead; Decompose
1st Heroism; Shield of Faith; compelled duel Charm Person*; Exped retreat*
2nd Locate Object, Invisibility*,Aid; Mirror Image*


Using the Thri Kreen’s dash as a distraction, Orris moved quietly towards the door, careful to avoid any dusty patches that would cause obvious footprints and waited impatiently for the mage hand to do its work.


 

log in or register to remove this ad

Nordom

Explorer
Grim struggled to pry the embedded bolt free of her pauldron, but it held fast. Not wanting to risk breaking the glass vial and releasing its contents, she reluctantly left the quarrel lodged for now. She'd have to fight on at reduced maneuverability.

On the other side of the wagon, Izek stole another glance upward after firing off an eldritch blast. To his surprise, the hooded figure previously lurking at the rooftop's edge was no longer there. In its place swirled an ominous bank of unnatural smoke.

Meanwhile Orris grunted in frustration as the door's lock continued stubbornly resisting Grim’s efforts. Time was running short and their cover was meager. But the door remained barred, leaving the genasi pressed flat beside it and exposed if the assassins managed to see him.


The sounds of battle around the alley's bend revealed their source - a lone armored figure engaged with three assassins came into view. The man was human, garbed in full black plate armor that obscured all but his head. He wielded a longsword with grace and ferocity, spinning and slashing in a deadly whirlwind that kept his foes at bay.

The assassins sought to surround him, their hoods concealing twisted features. But the swordsman was a vortex of steel, using the cramped space to limit their advantage.

As Kachilk'cha skittered into view, one assassin glanced her way. That lapse in attention was punished by the armored figure's blade flashing in a swift beheading stroke.

The group now had another decision - assist this unknown warrior against their shared foes, or slip by and continue escaping while leaving him to his fate? His skill seemed formidable, but the odds were steep

For the pinned-down companions, the swordsman's disruption was a welcome one either way as he did seem to draw fire- especially after beheading one of the group. They had little time to weigh options though, as new volleys whistled around their scant cover. Intervening or escaping, they would need to act swiftly, before the assassins reestablished control of the whole deadly arena.
 
Last edited:

Name: Orris Hariri
Race: Air Genasai
HP: 44/44
AC: 16 (18 shield)
Pass Perc: 10
Pass Inv: 10
Pass Ins: 13
Initiative: +2
Auran
Common
Speed: 35
Size:
Medium
Lay on hands: 25/25
Divine Senses 3/5
Rapier To Hit: +5
Damage: 1d8+2
Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10 +0
DEX: 14 +2
CON: 14 +2
INT: 10 +0
WIS: 10 +0 (+3)
CHA:18 +4 (+7)
Deception: +10*
Intimidate
+7
Insight +3
History: +3
Persuasion:
7
*expertise
Slots
1st: [] [] [] []
2nd: [] [X]
1/Long Rest: []Feather Fall; [X} Levitate;

Prepared spells
Cantrip: Shocking Grasp; Toll the Dead; Decompose
1st Heroism; Shield of Faith; compelled duel Charm Person*; Exped retreat*
2nd Locate Object, Invisibility*,Aid; Mirror Image*


Orris realized the door was old and shoddy. He grabbed the bottom of the door and pulled it in so that the mechanism would not rub on the old, warped door frame.


I'm using the 'help other' action to give @Li Shenron Grim advantage on their next check.
 

Nordom

Explorer
As her spectral hand moved in, Orris gripped the bottom edge of the wooden door. With a heave, he pulled up and in, taking the pressure off the lockbox contacts.

Grim focused intently, guiding her phantom fingers to finesse the catch. This time, a faint click sounded as the latch released!

Beyond was a simple front chamber, humble and long-abandoned, but blessedly clear of foes.

It seemed they had a makeshift refuge from the deadly alley.
 

Name: Orris Hariri
Race: Air Genasai
HP: 44/44
AC: 16 (18 shield)
Pass Perc: 10
Pass Inv: 10
Pass Ins: 13
Initiative: +2
Auran
Common
Speed: 35
Size:
Medium
Lay on hands: 25/25
Divine Senses 3/5
Rapier To Hit: +5
Damage: 1d8+2
Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10 +0
DEX: 14 +2
CON: 14 +2
INT: 10 +0
WIS: 10 +0 (+3)
CHA:18 +4 (+7)
Deception: +10*
Intimidate
+7
Insight +3
History: +3
Persuasion:
7
*expertise
Slots
1st: [] [] [] []
2nd: [] [X]
1/Long Rest: []Feather Fall; [X} Levitate;

Prepared spells
Cantrip: Shocking Grasp; Toll the Dead; Decompose
1st Heroism; Shield of Faith; compelled duel Charm Person*; Exped retreat*
2nd Locate Object, Invisibility*,Aid; Mirror Image*


Orris moved in through the doorway, his Genasai eyes piercing the dark corners of the room. He quickly notes any other exits.


 

Necropolitan

Adventurer
Seeing no reason in staying behind to be perforated by crossbow bolts, Izek makes good his escape by following Orris through the doorway.

His fiend-granted sight aid him as his eyes dart about the room, any darkness appearing as if brightly lit as he searches for an escape route.

Izek swears under his breath in Infernal as he curses the situation he's found himself in.

"(Faith, hope, and charity!)"
 
Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
Grim sees that the lock is finally giving in and whispers as if talking to her mage hand "About time... another failure and you'd have been back to toilet cleaning chores". Then, seeing Izek darting into the dark room, she quickly takes a look around to plan the safest route to follow her companions into the building before dashing out from behind the cart.

Note that Grim as a Rogue can take a bonus action to Hide or Dash. As she's not attacking or casting this round, she will take the Dodge action for protection. If there is an opportunity to use Stealth to cover the distance between cart and door unnoticed, she'll use the bonus action for that, unless the distance is more than 30ft in which case she will have to use bonus action to Dash.
 
Last edited:

Nordom

Explorer
Wasting no time, the half-orc peered around, planning her route. The short sprint left little cover, so she focused on speed and evasion. Taking a deep breath, Grim darted from the wagon, shielding vitals as she raced for the threshold.
A few bolts whistled past but miraculously none found their mark. She dove through the open door


Inside, the peace was contrasted starkly, a thin layer of dust- or perhaps ash on top of the simple living adobe. The group could hear no sounds, nor see anything with their vision that pierced the darkness. Still, there was something malevolent about this apparently abandoned and innocuous place. There were no stairs in this area leading up to the 2nd and 3rd floors where the crossbow bolts were being fired from. The refuge of the deserted home offered stark contrast to the chaos raging just outside. Sounds of combat and portals opening carried from the alley, followed by renewed shouting. But within the dusty chambers, all was still and silent.

That is until seemingly out of thin air, an aura of magical darkness flushed through the center of the room. As if emerging from the very shadows themselves, A towering figure manifested in the center of the chamber. Its large form, standing an imposing eight feet tall, bore an eerie, humanoid resemblance. Humble brown robes, unadorned and flowing heavily, concealed most of its body, and an oversized hood, cast deep in shadow, obscured all facial features. Amidst this shroud of mystery, only those unsettling, glowing pink eyes gleamed with a menacing presence. Izek immediately recognized this as the watcher from outside.

The mysterious figure, with its simultaneously malevolent yet oddly non-threatening presence, formed a solid shape before the group. The voice that resonated from beneath the hood was impossibly deep, carrying an otherworldly quality that set everyone on edge.

"I WANT TO MAKE A DEAL" it intoned, the words hanging heavy in the air. The situation was tense, and the group was acutely aware of the power this figure seemed to wield.
 
Last edited:

Li Shenron

Legend
Ambushers from above, lone fighters down the alley, and now mysterious hooded figures... so many sides already in this scuffle and who knows how many more ahead, Grim tries to take a moment to catch her breath and reflect on the situation, focusing on the sole thing of value at the moment: survival. Perhaps this city she's been thrown into will prompt her to reconsider the meaning of 'chaos', but that would be for another day.

Looking at the imposing figure before them, Grim can't be sure whether this is an opportunity or a trap, but as the shooters in the alley already proved unmistakably to be the latter, she tentatively responds to the hooded creature's inquiry. "What... kind of a deal?"
 

Name: Orris Hariri
Race: Air Genasai
HP: 44/44
AC: 16 (18 shield)
Pass Perc: 10
Pass Inv: 10
Pass Ins: 13
Initiative: +2
Auran
Common
Speed: 35
Size:
Medium
Lay on hands: 25/25
Divine Senses 3/5
Rapier To Hit: +5
Damage: 1d8+2
Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10 +0
DEX: 14 +2
CON: 14 +2
INT: 10 +0
WIS: 10 +0 (+3)
CHA:18 +4 (+7)
Deception: +10*
Intimidate
+7
Insight +3
History: +3
Persuasion:
7
*expertise
Slots
1st: [] [] [] []
2nd: [] [X]
1/Long Rest: []Feather Fall; [X} Levitate;

Prepared spells
Cantrip: Shocking Grasp; Toll the Dead; Decompose
1st Heroism; Shield of Faith; compelled duel Charm Person*; Exped retreat*
2nd Locate Object, Invisibility*,Aid; Mirror Image*


"Yes, what kind of deal. It is highly unusual to attack the person you're hoping to barter with."

Unless your attack is to show that you have the advantage in the negotiations...


 

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases

Top