D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin gladly takes the offered healing, from the young priestress of course, and thanks her with a grateful and inviting smile. He then gets closer to that comely half elf that seems to be in charge. I like them green eyes he thinks to himself as he confidently approaches with a smile.

"They seem to enjoy using subterfuge, and mascarade as taller people. This may explain the taylor. Not sure about the wedding cake tough. Tell me, did many villagers die? And were many goblins killed? Those that made the mistake of coming to this inn didn't fare very well, but this might have escalated the situation. The next raid could be more blooddy."

OOC: I amm assuming Theremin is at full HP now from the healing

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Torban Ingpol, Omri Bine, Sergeant Alene Belyr, Prelate Edyna Tinroth, Sister Taicha Lejoti, Curdy Rothiss, Sir Ghaves Ledet
Essess/Bredonshire/Bredon/The Sawtooth Inn
29 Mother/8:09 PM (after sunset)
Weather: 80 F/27 C; No wind; Light rain
Round 0

Liam grinned. "Sounds like the goblins are having a wedding."

“A wedding?” Sergeant Belyr asked skeptically. “Do goblins even have weddings? It doesn’t make sense. We’re hours away from the Cold Woods.”

As the young priestess fully healed Theremin, she returned his smile with a winsome one of her own, and even a little wink, before moving on to others.

Sergeant Belyr turns to Theremin as he approaches, catching his stare. She flushes slightly, noting his handsome half-elven Helveki features, much like her own, and self-consciously runs her hand through her sweaty brown locks again.

"They seem to enjoy using subterfuge, and masquerade as taller people. This may explain the tailor. Not sure about the wedding cake though. Tell me, did many villagers die? And were many goblins killed? Those that made the mistake of coming to this inn didn't fare very well, but this might have escalated the situation. The next raid could be more bloody," Theremin said.

“Lost Paladine, I hope not!” Sergeant Belyr said, making a warding sign with her hand.

The young priestess looked over with a scowl of disapproval on her face.

“No one was killed,” Belyr said. “A few scratches, a lot of injuries from panic and running. And very few goblins killed. They didn’t seem too eager to fight us. Mostly they ran around causing...mischief. Almost like they were trying to distract us.” She shook her head. “I can’t comprehend it. I know very little of goblins aside from fighting Helveki mercenaries in the war with Sir Ledet. These were not mercenaries.”

Omri Bine stamped his cane on the wooden floor loudly. “Do not use that title for Citizen Ledet, Sergeant!” he demanded. “He is no longer lord of these lands! The citizens rule now! He is no better than the rest of us!”

Sergeant Belyr gave a long-suffering sigh, as if this tirade was not something new. “Yes, si-- Reeve Bine,” she said, giving a little nod of her head toward the older human. “It just slipped out. Old soldiers and new tricks, you know.”

As Coriana paced and stomped near the door, it suddenly flew open and two figures staggered inside. The adventurers recognized one of the figures. It was the large, muscular young man who had been in the inn earlier and left with the beautiful young woman. He was supporting a much older human male in his seventies. The man still looked healthy, except that he leaned on his longsword, still covered in goblin blood, his leg bleeding profusely over the floor as he held onto the younger man for stability.

“Ghaves!” the old priestess gasped as she hurried over. “Sit down!”

“Irene!” the old man gasped, and the young man had a stricken look on his face. The small handaxe at the young man’s side was also covered in blood. “They took Irene!”

OOC: Yes, everyone should be healed fully

[sblock=Actions]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]
[/sblock]

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"I may be jumping to conclusions, but it looks like in addition to the other items for a wedding they also took a bride." Mindra says grimly. Looking around at the others she continues, "I have some experience tracking. If you are all up for a goblin hunt we can see if we might retrieve this girl. We just need this good fellow to bring us to where he last saw her."

RMcCall

Explorer
OOC:
"I may be jumping to conclusions, but it looks like in addition to the other items for a wedding they also took a bride." Mindra says grimly.
You took the joke I was going to make, haha!

Haldor strokes his short beard and looks at Ghaves. "I was about to suggest leaving the goblins alone, if their gravest crime was mischief." He puts a hand on the hilt of his warhammer. "But kidnapping is another matter entirely. We must follow them and see that no harm comes to Irene." He looks around at the other adventurers. "That is, if you accept me as another companion to this group?"

NeoNinevite

First Post
"That makes things easier." Garret grunts on hearing the news, "It'll be harder for the goblins to get away with a captive. If she's smart she'll leave some clues. If she's not we'll do things the hard way. I've tracked much stealthier prey than a band of goblins, I say we get on with it."

Lord Twig

Adventurer
OOC:
As the priestesses pull out their holy symbols to begin healing the injured, Mindra catches their symbolism. The old woman, though she doesn’t move as if aged, waves a silver triangle over a wound as she prays to Paladine.

The younger woman moves to the other side of the tavern. Her holy symbol is a disk marked with three horizontal wavy lines, and her prayers to Avandra, one of the new Dawn Gods, are answered with healing magic.

So is the old priestess also able to use healing magic? I know Paladine is supposed to be gone, but is the magic of his followers still working?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC: Yes, her powers work. Followers of Paladine had lost their powers at his death about 30 years ago. A little over a decade ago, power started flowing again. No one knows where the god is, though.

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Torban Ingpol, Omri Bine, Sergeant Alene Belyr, Prelate Edyna Tinroth, Sister Taicha Lejoti, Curdy Rothiss, Sir Ghaves Ledet
Essess/Bredonshire/Bredon/The Sawtooth Inn
29 Mother/8:10 PM (after sunset)
Weather: 80 F/27 C; No wind; Light rain
Round 0

"I have some experience tracking. If you are all up for a goblin hunt we can see if we might retrieve this girl. We just need this good fellow to bring us to where he last saw her," Mindra said.

“I can do that,” the young man said. He couldn’t be more than twenty, probably younger, but he was a big, strong lad, and his face showed clear concern and distress for the young woman that had been taken from him. “I was walking her home. Why would goblins want a human bride?” he wondered.

The young man helped the older man to a chair and the old priestess came over, saying her prayers over the wound in the leg. It was bad, and if he hadn’t gotten help, the old man might have bled out.

Curdy wiped bloody hands on a towel provided by Torban. “I’m Curdy Rothiss,” he introduced himself, offering his meaty paw. “Irene and I...well, she is special to me,” he said, blushing.

The old man looked up at the boy, his face blank, just shaking his head a bit.

“This is Sir Ghaves Ledet, Irene’s grandfather,” Curdy started, but was interrupted by the reeve.

“His title is no more!” Omri practically shouted, turning red in anger. He glared daggers at Ghaves before stomping away to the bar.

Torban hurried after and poured Omri a sizable drink.

“I’m sorry, Reeve Bine,” Curdy said, looking apologetic. “I’m just worried about Irene, that’s all.” He shifted nervously on his feet.

Sergeant Belyr looked to the others. “You think you can rescue Irene?” she asked. “We would be most grateful. I need to remain in town and set up a more secure watch in case the goblins decide to circle around and come back.”

“And I will reward you if you bring my granddaughter back safely,” Ghaves said, looking better now that the priestess had healed his wound, though he still looked in no shape to go out confronting goblins himself at the moment. “I do not have much, but I will give what I can.”

[sblock=Actions]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Initiative]
[/sblock]

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"The quicker we are after them, the better our chances," Mindra declares. "We should go now."

Mindra grabs her pack and stands by the door waiting for Curdy to lead the way.

[sblock="occ"]Mindra has all of her gear and is ready to go.[/sblock]

Remove ads