D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
a torch is better than a swarm of kobolds! And it is not an overtly aggressive act... let’s try some diplomacy, and see where it takes us Theremin thinks to himself.
He then says in the common tongue: “we are many, and have successfully quelled the kobold leaders. Identify yourselves so we may show mercy

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Mindra is surprised by the flying torch and squints against the sudden brightness. Fearing a possible attack she keeps her bow pointed at the doorway.

OOC: Mindra is prepared to shoot the first creature that comes out of the doorway

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Owyn starts at the sound of non-kobold speech. He was about to rush in, but holds back. Still cautious of a threat.

"You're not kobolds? Well that changes things, I am Owyn Karnigran, have you some mission with these disreputable lizards?"

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin chuckles “I think we feel the same way about about the lizards!” He steps out, his crossbow lowered, one hand raised in greeting. He continues “I am Theremin of Keltarin. My friends and I are here to find a lost merchant. We think we found her cart outside the tower and faced some kobolds on higher levels”.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Owyn smiled cheekily in response. He sheathed his sword and stepped into the light. "Should have checked the basement. We nearly left ourselves while you were up here. Good thing I wanted to make sure it was safe to go out the front."

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Mindra lowers her bow. "Well met, Owyn. Stranger things than missing merchants and kobolds have recently occurred. I'm afraid that if you look outside you will not see what you expect... And this tower has miraculously rebuilt itself... Or we are in a different tower... That looks to be the same tower, but slightly darker... And not broken."

Mindra shakes her head with a grimace. "I guess we really have no idea of what is going on, but getting out of here and back to town would probably go a long way to answering some questions."

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Interesting. Unfortunately, to my shame, I cannot say what it was like on the way in as I was unconscious. Still not quite sure how they pulled it off, but I woke up in the dungeon with Butrea here in the next cell. Fortunately, they underestimated my abilities. Still, I would rather some assistance in exiting this place. And Butrea seems to be on a quest to save her kidnapped husband."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Well met Owyn and Butrea. The merchant we are looking for is Mached Pakelan, you wouldn’t have seen him by any chance?” He then pats Sayine on the head.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/2:30 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 0

LEVEL 2 (Owyn, Beturea, Coriana, Liam, Mindra, Owyn, Theremin, Sayine)

Beturea peeked her head around the door. She was an attractive woman in her early thirties, though a bit worse for wear for being in the dungeon. “You’re looking for Mached!” she asked excitedly. “Have you found him? Did you get him back? They took him, the bandits! They..They left a note.” She pulled it out of her bodice to hand over. The note said she had a month to get a ransom of 1000 gold together and presented at the Crossroads. “It’s already been a week!”

@Charwoman Gene
@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@tglassy
@gargoyleking

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+8 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 21/31+8 thp PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35+8 thp PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27/36+8 thp PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27/27+8 thp PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 12/14+8 thp PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights*, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/2:30 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 0

LEVEL 2 (Owyn, Beturea, Coriana, Liam, Mindra, Owyn, Theremin, Sayine)

Beturea peeked her head around the door. She was an attractive woman in her early thirties, though a bit worse for wear for being in the dungeon. “You’re looking for Mached!” she asked excitedly. “Have you found him? Did you get him back? They took him, the bandits! They..They left a note.” She pulled it out of her bodice to hand over. The note said she had a month to get a ransom of 1000 gold together and presented at the Crossroads. “It’s already been a week!”

Alas my dear, we haven’t found him. Perhaps with your help, we will be successful. Maybe we need to interrogate some Kobolds. Are there any left where you came from?

OOC: Fyi, I’m not clear about what is left to investigate/explore

Remove ads