D&D General Heroes of Myth and Legend

Lol, sure. I have noticed a distinct lack of semicolons in your writing!
Can you get those in a spray can? lol. ;) I was never that big on the whole semicolon thing. So, for me its all about the overall organization, which is not quite 'there' yet. I mean, I seem to go over the same topics more than once. There may be cases where that is a GOOD thing, but...
Should the description of a character and the rundown on how to build one and level it up just be folded together? Like "This is your hit points, they do X, you start out with Y, and every time you level up you do Z to them." Right now there's a section that describes hit points, and later on there's a section that describes how many you start with, and then further on there's a section about leveling up that tells you how many more you get every level...

The other organizational point I'm questioning is where to discuss all the rules that pertain to feats. Should it be in the section on feats? Or in the action sequence (combat) rules? I mean, in some cases they may apply outside of combat, but a lot of things are 'looser' there anyway, like movement and such, so a lot of stuff really only applies meaningfully to the combat rules.

OK, so... the Rogue and the Knight are in pretty good shape. I made some monsters for them to fear! There are a few potions too, but I haven't tried to make any other sorts of items. I have to get some of the rituals/practices slightly reworked to go with the new format. The Monk is sort of there, and the Spellblade I think I need to go look at again. The Alchemist isn't quite there yet, but we could tinker with it and do something. Berserkers are still a bit in need of another pass, and Priest, Illusionist, and Wizard all need some more work.

So, the question then becomes if we can start a game and if we did, what callings do we need? Also, what about species? I made humans, green men (wose), and sort of 'elves', but they aren't really like elves and I'm not sure how thematic the idea is anyway. We could have 'dwarfs', but again how thematic? Centaurs? That would be a kind of a Greek Myth thing...

The backgrounds need a bit of work, but we can deal with that. The rules have some holes in them but I don't think that matters, its common sense prevails (there's nothing that stops you from using every rider you have on each enhanced success for instance, but that isn't the intent...).

Anyway, I posted my latest update to the usual place. Maybe its time to fix the ghastly table of contents... hehe.

Gilladian

Adventurer
Can you get those in a spray can? lol. ;) I was never that big on the whole semicolon thing. So, for me its all about the overall organization, which is not quite 'there' yet. I mean, I seem to go over the same topics more than once. There may be cases where that is a GOOD thing, but...
Should the description of a character and the rundown on how to build one and level it up just be folded together? Like "This is your hit points, they do X, you start out with Y, and every time you level up you do Z to them." Right now there's a section that describes hit points, and later on there's a section that describes how many you start with, and then further on there's a section about leveling up that tells you how many more you get every level...
I think folding together is great, but then somewhere a bullet list for character creation and level up.

OK, that was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Check out the cromulent table of contents! :) Styling is still a tad rough, but its 95% of the way there, and I think the logic I need to make an index is also 95% there (forward references, it will also allow inline refs to later parts of the book. That should make things a good bit easier to manage.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
OK, that was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Check out the cromulent table of contents! :) Styling is still a tad rough, but its 95% of the way there, and I think the logic I need to make an index is also 95% there (forward references, it will also allow inline refs to later parts of the book. That should make things a good bit easier to manage.
great improvement!

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight

Is intelligence including quick and predictive thinking it is in 4e (where for instance we get it as potential reflex fuel)?

Is wisdom getting perceptivity and general awareness?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases