D&D General Heroes of Myth and Legend

Well, I created a cross-reference capability, so internal references in the rules link to the referenced sections, which is nice. I think maybe I can do some other more interesting stuff with that, better ToC for one thing! Also a glossary/'compendium' is very possible and shouldn't require maintaining any extra documents, etc. This is all very cool, I've invented a way to drive the entire infrastructure of a 'web-enabled' game via the rules file itself. :) I think in some ways I am ahead of what WotC is doing with their army of guys, lol.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Benefits on a miss... basically that is what I was talking earlier. How someone might gain a positioning benefit when the enemy attack is defeated by their defence. For instance moving out of the area of attack to a location they want... or moving into a flanking position or gaining an opportunity attack etc.

Benefits on a miss... basically that is what I was talking earlier. How someone might gain a positioning benefit when the enemy attack is defeated by their defence. For instance moving out of the area of attack to a location they want... or moving into a flanking position or gaining an opportunity attack etc.
Right, so I have admittedly NOT spent a lot of time on defensive feats, or how I would make ones that are 'dual use', but that would be the general idea. I mean, you can have a 'riposte' type thing that does damage, but the fun ones would be things like what you're talking about. I could also see applying the 'rider' model where you can spend a PP to upgrade your success and get 'enhanced success' that would let you drop on a rider. I guess any of the riders that work on attacks could work on defenses too.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Right, so I have admittedly NOT spent a lot of time on defensive feats, or how I would make ones that are 'dual use', but that would be the general idea. I mean, you can have a 'riposte' type thing that does damage, but the fun ones would be things like what you're talking about. I could also see applying the 'rider' model where you can spend a PP to upgrade your success and get 'enhanced success' that would let you drop on a rider. I guess any of the riders that work on attacks could work on defenses too.
I think the active defense angle very much to be a real difference rather than just a bland players make all the rolls element. Needs this and the extension to tactics it creates. It is a real distinction for your game and thus important (and why I am pushing to get you thinking about it)

OK, so suppose we do some PLAYIN! ;) @Gilladian says Fri or Sat evening. She's in Central time, and IIRC you are also? So, seems like I COULD do either day. Probably later is better than earlier in a 'wife pleasing' sense! lol.

Well, we can use roll20. I have been monkeying with making my own online character sheet, which has nothing to do with roll20, but could be cool. Cannot say it is at all working yet though, beyond "you can display it on a web browser" but I don't have a way to put it anywhere yet (well, technically I do, but it isn't convenient). So at least we can roll dice and whatnot. 5 PM (7 your time) seems feasible. :)

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Well, we can use roll20. I have been monkeying with making my own online character sheet, which has nothing to do with roll20, but could be cool. Cannot say it is at all working yet though, beyond "you can display it on a web browser" but I don't have a way to put it anywhere yet (well, technically I do, but it isn't convenient). So at least we can roll dice and whatnot. 5 PM (7 your time) seems feasible. :)
Anything but face to face or using zoom I can pull the newbie card :)

Gilladian

Adventurer
Roll20 works pretty well. The chat and dice rolling are good, the maps tool works best with purchased assets, but ok with just rough drawings, and the voice stuff is pretty reliable. The ability to easily share images, handouts, etc… is a real strength, especially over a campaign when you want pcs to be able to refer back to things over time. It IS more DM intensive. I have a pretty huge collection of assets I can share with you, Tod; free stuff I’ve collected or stuff I purchased and downloaded and may never use again since my group is back to ftf gaming.

Remove ads