• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes of Shadow Table of Contents

Neverfate

First Post
Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Shadow Magic)

The new HoS preview interestingly has the table of contents at the bottom as a download.

Classes = Assassin (executioner), Paladin(blackguard), Vampire, Warlock (binder)

Class Options = Cleric (death domain), Warlock ("new powers"), Hexblade (gloom pact), Wizard (Necromancy and nethermancy schools)

Races = Revenant, Shade, Vyrloka, Dwarf, Eladrins ("the Pale Court"), Elves, Halfling, Humans

10 Paragon Paths (will list later)

4 Epic Destinies

2 pages of shadow/adventurer feat options. 1 page of equipment.

Last edited:

Colmarr

First Post
Races = Revenant, Shade, Vyrloka, Dwarf, Eladrins ("the Pale Court"), Elves, Halfling, Humans

Huh?!

Don't these races already exist, both in classic and essentials? Is something new about them in the works, or is this more duplication of existing information across multiple books?

That peeve aside, I have to say that the excerpts from Evard's writings have so far been amazing. If there's more of that in the book, Heroes of Shadow is going to be a very enjoyable read.

DracoSuave

First Post
Huh?!

Don't these races already exist, both in classic and essentials? Is something new about them in the works, or is this more duplication of existing information across multiple books?

That peeve aside, I have to say that the excerpts from Evard's writings have so far been amazing. If there's more of that in the book, Heroes of Shadow is going to be a very enjoyable read.

Or... probably because they're only getting a single page or two each, it's one of those 'how do these essentials races deal with things of Shadow, what does it mean to them?'

Man, some people would have their questions answered if they just looked at the contents.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Well, I had my question answered. This is essentials. Too bad.

My group and I have decided not to use Essentials after giving it a look, so I will not be needing this book. I imagine Feywild will be the same. Really too bad.

Klaus

First Post
Well, I had my question answered. This is essentials. Too bad.

My group and I have decided not to use Essentials after giving it a look, so I will not be needing this book. I imagine Feywild will be the same. Really too bad.
Uh... No.

I think those entries list how these D&D races (which appear in PH1 and Essentials) view and approach shadow magic. HoS is not an Essentials book.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads