• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season 1(#18)---3/05/07-'Parasite' [careful - season 2 spoiler in thread]

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Steel_Wind said:
Tim Kring's blog confirmed earlier this week that Sylar is back for Season 2.

Excellent! Though I'd like to think we all anticipated that. Sylar is just too good of a villain. I'm glad that Zachary Quinto finally got a real break-out role.

I think there are a few things about Sylar that haven't been revealed yet. For one thing, when that woman with super-hearing asked him what that sound was in his heart, she was being literal. Sylar's poetic answer notwithstanding, there really was something there that she heard.

More importantly, though, was that when he was captured, that doctor pronounced Sylar as being dead from the drugs he'd been given, but he got up almost immediately afterwards, apparently completely fine (despite having been heavily drugged before). Perhaps one of the powers he gained from one of the people he killed early on was some sort of rejuvenation or resurrection ability?

I'm thinking that at the end of the season, we'll see Sylar "killed," and then a quick hint that he's not really dead after all.

wolff96

First Post
I liked that we finally saw Sylar's own power at work. It's always been the assumption that his power to know how things work is what allows him to steal powers.

But there were at least two places in "Parasite" where Sylar was speaking and a ticking-clock sound could be heard. The one that really stands out in my mind is when he convinces Suresh not to kill him immediately, by taunting the geneticist with information about his father and family. It's nice to see him using his power to understand what makes someone 'tick', if you'll pardon the expression.

Sylar is a great villain. And the actor is awesome. Now if only we could get him to whack some of the useless cast members, like DL, Micah, Parkman's wife, and Niki, we'd be in business. :)

papastebu

First Post
PhoenixDarkDirk said:
I'm not sure Peter even will get the scar. The only reason he encountered Claire and got her power was the warning from Future Hiro, who was probably from a timeline in which that never happened.

Hiro's presence in a timeline cements him into it, remember. If you take that as given, then Peter, at this point, has to get the scar. I think it happens because he can't thoroughly or effectively use two powers at the same time. This could be because he is inexperienced, or it could be because he displaces old powers as he gains new ones. Something like a super-power conservation of mass theory.

At the same time, he is currently sponging off of Sylar's own power, which is not only to know how things fit together and how they may be refined for optimum performance, but how to make things work together that don't really belong in the same system at all. Think about the watch he was working on when Mohinder's father first came to call. It was the case of one watch, with the innards of another.
All just aspects of the same idea, but the upshot is that Peter can do this now, as well. He may be able to use this to his advantage, saving his life and Suresh's.

If not, he can do a bunch of other stuff. For that matter, he could already do it, because he had his hands on Sylar at the high school.

As fo Niki/Jessica, Peter needs their power to round out the whole "Superman" thing.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
papastebu said:
I think it happens because he can't thoroughly or effectively use two powers at the same time.

Like turning invisible and telekinetically throwing paint cans at Isaac at the same time?

Sir Brennen

Legend
Alzrius said:
Like turning invisible and telekinetically throwing paint cans at Isaac at the same time?
If he was invisible, how do you know it was telekinetic? He might have just been throwing them by hand :D

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Now I'm bummed. I really wanted Syler to get killed. This is because I've long hated seeing the same super villians coming back 2,897 times. It will undoubtedly work fine for most, but few things say cheese in a supers setting to me like having the Arch Villian come back again and again and again.

drothgery

First Post
Ed_Laprade said:
Now I'm bummed. I really wanted Syler to get killed. This is because I've long hated seeing the same super villians coming back 2,897 times. It will undoubtedly work fine for most, but few things say cheese in a supers setting to me like having the Arch Villian come back again and again and again.

I agree. Maybe were lucky and the season finale is a cliffhanger, with Syler dying in the Season 2 premiere...

Vocenoctum

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
Tim Kring's blog confirmed earlier this week that Sylar is back for Season 2.

Ah well, I guess I can't read these threads anymore if future spoilers are just going to be dropped with no warning. Especially when it means a character I don't like returns.

Fast Learner

First Post
I'll admit that was a little annoying to me, too. There's a reason I don't read Kring's blog or anything else that would give me spoilers like that: I want to constantly think anyone can die, as that makes it way more interesting. Now no matter what is happening to Sylar onscreen, I'll know he'll be fine. That sucks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads