Heroscape is back?! Update: the fund failed.

JEB

Legend
I wonder if the tiles will be painted. The ones they had in the case in the video were, but so were the new minis. Be kind of awkward to mix and match new and old tiles if they aren't.

I also noticed the water was translucent - that goes back to the original boxed set, I believe (water tiles were solid blue by the time I was playing).

JEB

Legend
(Also a little voice at the back of my head keeps saying "this makes them more compatible with HeroQuest" and my dream of a post-apocalyptic Thundarr the Barbarian style HeroQuest moves one step closer to reality. I tried with the old Heroscape figures, but the difference in base sizes just made it too hard to mix the figures on the same board...)
Considering both Heroquest and Heroscape are now being produced by the same company at the same time, I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see a crossover...

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Considering both Heroquest and Heroscape are now being produced by the same company at the same time, I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see a crossover...
I'm assuming that some Heroquest models will end up in Heroscape, but I'd love to see it go vice-versa and have them produce a HeroQuest variant too. Like a version of HeroQuest where you're spacers exploring derelict space ships and fighting malfunctioning robots and weird aliens. Or go whole hog and use the Gamma World brand to make a GammaQuest version of the game...

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I'm assuming that some Heroquest models will end up in Heroscape, but I'd love to see it go vice-versa and have them produce a HeroQuest variant too. Like a version of HeroQuest where you're spacers exploring derelict space ships and fighting malfunctioning robots and weird aliens. Or go whole hog and use the Gamma World brand to make a GammaQuest version of the game...
HeroQuest: Space Edition would be so rad.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Wut? Like HeroQuest 40K?
No Way Wow GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Wut? Like HeroQuest 40K?
I don't know if you're making an intentional reference or not but when Milton Bradley partnered up with Games Workshop to do HeroQuest back in the day they also partnered with them to make a little boardgame called Space Crusade:

I don't think it was ever sold in the US, unfortunately, so I've never actually gotten to play it. But my understanding of it was that it was basically a 40K version of Heroquest in spirit (though it used somewhat different rules and it had a modular board instead of a fixed board, so it was more like a 40K Advanced Heroquest).

Jer

Legend
Supporter
@Jer so there is precedent? Well cool!
There is, but I also would think that if they wanted to make a sci-fi version of Heroquest they'd need to make sure they were doing something sufficiently different that Games Workshop wouldn't have an obvious IP theft lawsuit on their hands. If I were doing it it would be a bit less "power armored space marines on military missions" and a lot more "eclectic group of scrappy weirdos on salvage runs".

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases