• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hethas' Gambit continued [top of rnd 8]

seasong

First Post
Very busy today. I will, however, be able to put up another 6-7 Inits this evening or tomorrow morning. Bump here to remind me if you don't see 'em tonight :). I just got off work, so I'm a bit giddy right now.

Answer: It varies, but when the round is Blaster, Foh Ev Ah ;).

Diet of Ice: It's how he keeps his girlish figure. No calories at all!

Mmmm, I suspect the diet of ice is combined with a Rod (or other item) of Absorbtion and that Xiao Fung will open up with 8th level spells en masse any day now ;) But that's my conspiracy theory.

*Whistles*

Jeremy

Explorer
That would be a good theory (and one I suspected as well) except that that rod requires the rod be in hand (which we haven't had mention of) and that the absorbed spell be a single target or ray spell. But ice storm is an area spell.

Which leaves me believing it is indeed to keep his girlish figure and the bludgeoning damage is just a soft massage to bring his hit points to a more manageable level. :D

That's why I said or other item, I believe we could have created our own items for this game using the rules, correct? If so, then he could have just as easily made it a necklace or glove or what not.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Turning a Rod into a Wondrous Item is a bit beyond the flexibility of the item-creation rules, AFAIK.

Plus, isn't #47 Mr. Core Rules Man?
He wouldn't do something that tricky... would he? ;)

Bump - but seasong does most of his good work in the morning, so I'll expect them tomorrow morning.

It's been done before, but unofficially I believe, personally with all the house rules in the game, maybe I've missed if it was specifically allowed or unallowed.

I figured from being in several GoDs you wouldn't underestimate #47, or any player, for that matter ;) Course, antimagic is a pretty powerful protection.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Sollir Furryfoot said:
I figured from being in several GoDs you wouldn't underestimate #47, or any player, for that matter ;)
Well, I wasn't underestimating #47, I was joking - playing with it like "Oh no! He wouldn't be SNEAKY!" *wink wink wink*

Oh- Bump.

seasong

First Post
Inits are coming, but I just got a meeting from 9:00-10:30, so they won't be posted until 11:00 (er, central time - it's 8:44 right now).

Regarding the ice eating: What Xiao Fung is doing is published on the web site.

reapersaurus: I adore your new avatar! Where is that from?

-seasong

Remove ads