Hey, PbP GMs - a quick question for you!

Would this be of any use to you?

• Strong YES - very useful!

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Yeah, I could probably get some use out of it

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Meh, can't see much use for it

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No, I actively do not want this

Votes: 0 0.0%

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Would it be of use to you to be a moderator (with mod powers limited to that thread only) in your own game threads? Edit posts, delete posts, open/close the thread.

Kaodi

Hero
I think it would be extremely useful, though also open to abuse. At the very least I think you should include a limit on how many posts per day can be deleted in any given thread, so that if a DM were to "ragequit" they could not to too much damage before a real moderator stepped in and prevented them from deleting everything.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
If a rage quit were to happen, would the file deleted be recoverable by admin or full mods?

Shayuri

First Post
In fairness, I don't think I've ever seen a GM ragequit before. Occasionally, very occasionally, a player, but never a GM.

Jemal

Adventurer
I can see that being useful for a lot if people.
Voted a 'soft yeah' bc I don't see myself needing it very often, but there are definitely circumstances it'd be nice.

Leif

Adventurer
Sounds like a good idea to me! Honestly, if a DM/GM decided to 'ragequit' a game, well, it was his game after all, wasn't it? A time or two of that, and this DM won't be able to BUY any willing players. Seems like a self-policing situation to me.

The main thing I would want is the ability to delete posts that I make by mistake, but I can easily see how this could be abused, too.

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
I'm voting 'Meh.' I can understand why some people want it, but I personally can't think of a game I've played that would have been greatly improved by GM mod powers.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
It would be grate getting rid of double posts or those embarrassing times of a dm/gm misunderstanding a person's actions and having to do a redo of a round of action, or if a player were to do the same.

Remove ads