• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan

Raurth Snowfang

First Post
Liathan will check each door for traps, and check the surrounding area aswell. If he finds any he will attempt to disarm them.

"I'll check each door, I suggest someone takes a look at that staff... might be important"

(Liathan checking doors: Left door - spot = 23 (13+10)... Centre Door - spot = 20 (10+10)... Right Door - spot = 21 (11+10)... Disable Device if found = 20 (11+9))

Thrarn Iranorn

First Post
Once Liathan has checked the area, THrarn makes his way to the staff. Standing several feet away from it, he states.
"I think the staff may be of some importance as well, but this place gives me an uneasy feeling. Liathan, have a look at the staff for traps. Last thing I need is a boulder to fall on my head because I moved that staff."

Raurth Snowfang

First Post
After Liathan finishes his search of the doors and surrounding area (providing he is still alive) he will turn his attentions to examining the staff and the area around it...

"Just give me a second.."

(Checking staff; Spot check = 16 (6+10); Disable Device if found = 23 (14+9))

Tanstaafl

First Post
Sylvia joins Tharn in his study of the staff. She whispers a few words to herself and makes esotaric gestures with one hand, the other is still gripping her glowing quarterstaff. She looks intently at the staff. She then turns slowly, sweeping her gaze around the room.

Sylvia casts Detect Magic and if the staff has a magical aura she will concentrate on it for 3 rounds. If not she will begin to turn, studying each quarter of the room for three rounds. The spell will remain in effect for up to 6 minutues, as long as her concentration is not disturbed.

Miquiztli

First Post
As Liathan and the group enter the room you notice that the floor is wet and slick with mud. Walking past the boulder the small crawfish becomes very agitated and it waves it's claws at you and suddenly you hear a high pitched voice talking to you in a common.

"Who is this? Who dares to enter the chamber of the guardian? You had better go or I will have to discharge my sacred duty! Be off with you before I lose my temper!"

It takes you a second but you realize that the voice is coming from the crawfish.

OOC: Sylvia detects no other magic in the room save what your group is carring.

Last edited:

Snowtiger

First Post
"Forgive us! We fell in through the roof and are trying to escape. We mean you no harm and intend no disturbance here. Could you assist us in finding our way out?"

Thrarn Iranorn

First Post
“If we weren’t in such a strange place and that crawfish wasn’t TALKING to us, I might be inclined to squash it with my boot.” Tharn says under his breath to Liathan.

Miquiztli

First Post
How dare you think about eating me! I knew it! Your just a bunch of bandits and thugs! Well I know how to deal with the likes of you!

With that that the crayfish scuttles over to the staff and taps on it.

Awaken holy guardian! There are infidels in the chamber!!

With that the staff begins to move and the boulder shifts. Several more legs appear out of an opening at the bottom of the boulder and two large eye stalks rise into the air followed by two huge pincers. The boulder appears to be the shell of a huge hermit crab!!

Who disturbs the rest of the Guardian!!

Last edited:

Snowtiger

First Post
"The foolish crayfish who mistakes us for bandits, that's who disturbs you! We mean him and you no harm but he thinks he looks like lunch." says Beleril angrily.

Remove ads