• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Higher resolution PHB pic on Amazon

frankthedm

First Post
I am liking that dragonborn's head less and less. Plenty of Draco-bipeds to draw inspiration from, but nope, "Gotta be new even if it's ugly".

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
I'm guessing PART of the reason Sir Leeroy isn't gonna make the cut is that they want the cool-blue color scheme for the PHB. Also, green-on-red is kinda loud.

Burr

First Post
Gregvord Stonemend and Leipidus Twei sneak off through the methanous mists, vowing to never again adventure with Turdborn warriors or fart-pact warlocks.

(Sorry, it's hard to think like a mature adult when looking at that picture.)

Now if I make a Dragonborn, I'll have to name him Turd Ferguson.

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
small pumpkin man said:
What? No. I thought that was awful, I whined about quite a bit. (although I don't remember the swords being anywhere near as big as that Dragonborn's there.)

Sir Leeroy and his girlfriend.

Admittedly, part of the reason I like is that because the people are so small, it's not so obvious that WAR is only really good at drawing monsters. (Although he is really good at that)

-Edit, actually, I'm not sure which picture the poster I was replying to was talking about now, oh well, Sir Leeroy belongs in every art thread until everyone is completely bored of him.
This picture is the only piece of 4E art that I actually like. Most of it I'm totally ambivalent about, and some of it (notably both covers of the PHB so far) I kind of dislike. This picture is super. I dig those iconics, I like the composition, the dragon is totally sweet, and the colour palette is far superior to the "whoops, spilled some 10% grey all over this piece...ah, WotC won't know the difference" colour scheme in the PHB covers. It's funny how WAR can totally nail it in one picture, and just not manage to hit pay dirt in these other two.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Dr. Awkward have you looked at World and Monsters art? There are some simply stunning landscape art in it (full two page spread occasionally as well).

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Fallen Seraph said:
Dr. Awkward have you looked at World and Monsters art? There are some simply stunning landscape art in it (full two page spread occasionally as well).
I've seen Races & Classes, but I haven't seen Worlds & Monsters yet. I'll be glad if they impress me.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Dr. Awkward said:
I've seen Races & Classes, but I haven't seen Worlds & Monsters yet. I'll be glad if they impress me.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4art/20080219a Here is a link to the World & Monsters gallery. Nearer the bottom you will get the colour-landscapes. They are quite shrunken down so don't give off quite the same feeling/quality as the real book ones but it gives you an idea.

I personally quite like the Underdark landscapes the most.

Elf Witch

First Post
Would it kill them just once to put a female on the cover in realistic adventuring garb.

I don't mind some cheesecake art in fantasy but come on this is the players guide for DnD how about showing us females dressed to succed when they go dungeon crawling.

I am am so tired of the stripper pose. :\

Michele Carter

First Post
Doug McCrae said:
You mean this?

Benes is an even greater genius than WAR cause he figured out how to show her cleavage and ass simultaneously. Without resorting to a mirror, which is too easy.

MY EYES. And her SPINE. The burning...!

He does pretty faces, and it's Red Sonja, so it's at least a historical outfit. But this pose and the butt-floss on Wonder Woman....

I will stop being off-topic now. But I'm glad you got the reference. ;)

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Elf Witch said:
Would it kill them just once to put a female on the cover in realistic adventuring garb.

I don't mind some cheesecake art in fantasy but come on this is the players guide for DnD how about showing us females dressed to succed when they go dungeon crawling.

I am am so tired of the stripper pose. :\

There are some that aren't that bad. There are actually some fully-armoured! female characters. But yeah not enough yet.

Remove ads