• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Higher resolution PHB pic on Amazon

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I don't think the pic is bad, I can live with it - doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer the dragon fight-scene.

I do have one complaint though - where the heck are that dragonborn's eyes? I can't ever conclusively say "his eyes are here". It's starting to annoy me.

ObsidianCrane

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
I know this isn't my father's D&D, but having a heroic armed toad on the cover of the PHB seems like a decision WotC will come to regret.

Hmm I'm not sure WotC will regret it, but certainly I do.

Fallen Seraph said:
Well of course the Dragonborn is the new race, he wants his time in the spotlight :p

True but does it have to be bad art? Its the worst official picture of Dragonborn to date.

Last edited:

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Is it just me or does the dragonborn's face look like he has a beak. I know birds are descended from dinosaurs but do dragonborn who are also descended from large reptiles but I think we should leave the beaks on the birds (and owlbears).

HP Dreadnought

First Post
Doug McCrae said:
113368-red-sonja_400.jpg

This would make a MUCH better cover for the PH IMO. Of course I like heavily armored chicks too. . . and armored chicks with gaping holes in the mail that show off their cleavage also. . . so see. . . I'm not picky at all! ;)

Raith5

Adventurer
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
I know this isn't my father's D&D, but having a heroic armed toad on the cover of the PHB seems like a decision WotC will come to regret.

Yeah, the worst thing about this picture is that it is hard to make sense of. The figure is not even clearly draconic. It is a missed opportunity to sell the game in a clear way I guess.

This picture looks worse every time I look at it.

Remove ads