• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hire Linae Foster!

seankreynolds

Adventurer
If you recall, Ms. Linae Foster was laid off by Wizards of the Coast late last year, along with many other talented people.

Now, Wizards of the Coast is planning to hire an Associate Brand Manager for D&D, and Linae would do an excellent job. She's smart. She's talented. She's articulate. She knows the industry. She's a gamer. She's Lidda!

Linae and Scott worked tooth and nail to get the GSL done, despite significant obstacles... there might not be a GSL if it weren't for their efforts.

When Linae was let go last year, there was quite an outpouring of support for her here and on Paizo's message boards. I think if we get similar well-wishes, kudos, and votes of appreciation for Linae on this thread, it'll help the people doing hiring at Wizards see that the gamer community appreciates the work she's done and would like to see her working with D&D again.

So... can you help? :)

Dire Bare

Legend
I've personally been pretty impressed with Linae's presence here on ENWorld when she was with WotC. She did an excellent job communicating with the fans here, and proved that she's smart, tough, wise, and knows the business.

And I've got a lot of respect for the various industry folk who have supported her in the past, her former co-worker The Rouse and yourself SKR! I know you're trying to drum up support not only because Linae's your friend, but also because you know she'd be perfect for the job!

I hope WotC realizes this and makes the right choice!

Hi Sean,

I don't know whether a gamer-from-Sydney's thoughts would make a difference or not to the WotC decision makers but heh, maybe altogether we can create a disturbance in the force big enough that it can be felt over there.

For what it's worth, Linae poked her head up here at EN World (along with Scott) when WotC folk were not the most popular and she rolled with the punches and gave us gamers some information when there was precious little else happening on that front. I think all would agree she made her diplomacy check and fortitude save on that one. Now I'll trust you Sean when you say she's smart, talented and articulate, but I think everyone here saw first hand that she had the guts to face the heat at the time and for that she earned this gamer's respect.

Obviously, it would be good if WotC could use her talents again. All the best. :)

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

CharlesRyan

Adventurer
I'll pitch in for Linae. I worked with her for several years in a couple different capacities. She's hard working, exceptionally capable, a good communicator, and a creative problem solver.

Klaus

First Post
If you recall, Ms. Linae Foster was laid off by Wizards of the Coast late last year, along with many other talented people.

Now, Wizards of the Coast is planning to hire an Associate Brand Manager for D&D, and Linae would do an excellent job. She's smart. She's talented. She's articulate. She knows the industry. She's a gamer. She's Lidda!

Linae and Scott worked tooth and nail to get the GSL done, despite significant obstacles... there might not be a GSL if it weren't for their efforts.

When Linae was let go last year, there was quite an outpouring of support for her here and on Paizo's message boards. I think if we get similar well-wishes, kudos, and votes of appreciation for Linae on this thread, it'll help the people doing hiring at Wizards see that the gamer community appreciates the work she's done and would like to see her working with D&D again.

So... can you help? :)
Linae is blessed with a keen understanding of the business and, perhaps most important, a saint's patience. I don't know what to do to help her, though.

Vascant

Wanderer of the Underdark
I think I am going to be the voice of reason and pride here....

I say no, not because she isn't talented and does a solid job though but because a person like this should work for a company that will appreciate those talents not shove them out the first air lock with a blink of an eye.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads