D&D 5E Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Chapter 1

pro100

First Post
Orcassam hail to everybody: "Hullo! my name is Orcassam, priest of Knorr. Sorry sir gnome for occupying your cart, I can walk easily on my own, don't worry, but the other citizens and the altar boy would certiainly need your aid. Please, let's not linger one further" and saying this, once he realises everyone fits in the cart, he starts to walk toward the keep, talking briefly just with his fellow dwarf if not asked otherwise. Orcassam is not introverse , is just in a hurry to get the hell out of here

I'm Ulfgar, keeper of the stones.
The dwarf druid says. He is behind Orcassam and among the people they wish to save.
We need to reach the keep and the safety of the walls.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
The main road through the centre of the town seems the quickest way to reach the keep. You pass the bloodied corpses of kobolds, cultists... but mostly unarmed men, women and even children. Many of the buildings look to have been have been ransacked, razed to the ground by fire, or both.

As you take a turn in the road, you reach the main town square. It is... was... a market day. Several wooden stalls have been knocked over, spilling foodstuffs, pottery, clothes everywhere. Flags and pennants have been trampled into the ground.

To one side, a large and heavy wagon has overturned, spilling several barrels. No less than five kobolds are clambering over it, shrieking wildly and jabbing at the underside with their spears. Three cultists are each carrying a barrel away from the wagon, through the ruined marketplace.

The corpses of several guardsmen, still clad in bloodied chainmail, have been strung up in the large leafy oak tree in the middle of the square, swinging gently in the breeze. A further cultist - dwarven, judging by their stature and beard - sits beneath the tree with a keg already open, chugging from their tankard.

You haven't been noticed yet, but it would only take a turn of the head from one of the kobolds or cultists to spot you. There's cover from the market stalls for perhaps one or two to hide behind, but none of them are large enough to conceal a cart full of people.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Paine separates himself and heads towards the cultists. Stopping their escape is the priority. He advances to an object that provides some cover, and fires eldritch blast, hoping to make one of the barrel-carriers fall.

In either case: [roll0] to hit.**

[Colleagues: I am a moron, and it appears I have blurred two ol games in my head. You have my apologies, and a surfeit of my embarrassment. Your patience with me has been exemplary, and I feel like a dope.] If a hit, damage should be 1d10+3.; I'll roll below.

Last edited:

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
It will take two move actions to close to melee with either the kobolds or cultists so I'll assume you're taking the chill touch option.

It looks like combat is about to commence, so it's time to roll initiative!

Also - Paine, and anyone else who wants to sneak in for a potential surprise round, please make a Stealth check vs the cultists' passive perception of 10.

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Initiative: [roll0] +3 = 13

Stealth: [roll1] +3 = 6.

(again, editing, because I've been a dope.)

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
So much killing. Renestrae looks upon the slaughter and barely fights back a tear. Innocent townsfolk struggling to survive, much like those forsaken she'd vowed to stand for in Silverymoon. She felt the anger in her rise, and it scared her. She'd never killed until today, never even fired an arrow at anything she didn't plan to eat. But now she wasn't even sure how many lives she'd taken. And as she sneaked through what would become her battlefield, she knew she'd take more. She knew, too, that there would be a day in her future, perhaps a hundred of years from now, when she'd look upon herself and the girl she had been, and the woman she'd become. She'd ask herself what changed, and why. And she knew the answer would be this day.

OOC: Initiative/Stealth: 1D20+3 = [13]+3 = 16
1D20+5 = [12]+5 = 17

Sorry, I don't know how to use the die roller here... not sure I like it anyway, since it doesn't show up on my phone. Please forgive the wordiness of this post. I like this character and her story, and I'm just trying to develop it a bit.

Remove ads