D&D 5E Hoard of the Dragon Queen - Chapter 1

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Paine moves forward and hops up on a small wooden bench behind an abandoned stall, but as he gathers his powers it gives way and he loses his footing briefly - breaking his concentration enough that the blast of magic flies wide and misses his foe,

Orcassm has better luck from where he is, a well placed javelin sailing through the air and finding it's mark deep in the side of the wounded cultist. He struggles for breath for a moment before collapsing. Two yet remain - one male cultist with a blade, and the dwarf beneath the tree.

[Miri - you still have an action left in place of your Sleep spell if you wish?]

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
[Miri loses her action, cultists are up next]

Two of the three cultists carrying looted barrels have fallen, and only one remains. He backs away towards the oak tree, trying to put some distance and cover between him and your group.

"Crag! Where are those damned drakes of yours?!" he shouts in a panic.

"Wha... drakes...?" the dwarf slurs, staggering to his feet and looks at his fallen comrades. "Tiamat's teeth!" he cries. He picks up a large battleaxe that was resting against the tree, and smacks the hilt against the oak with all his might, while making a series of strange whistles before pointing at Erevan, Orcassm and Paine.

The dense tree canopy rustles and shakes for a second, and two enormous reptilian creatures, each the size of a small horse, drop down from the treetops. They turn their heads briefly to look at the dwarf, and then, seeing where he is pointing, charge towards the market stalls.

One drake lunges at Erevan with a mouth of teeth and the elf barely manages to evade the beast, whose jaws instead close around a wooden post before biting it clean in half.

The second drake swiftly climbs over the small stall Paine is behind, knocking pots and bowls everywhere. The scattered goods cause the beast to stumble and lose momentum, it's attack similarly failing to connect.

Ulfgar meanwhile keeps close to the wagon and townsfolk, and has led them behind a ruined building at the edge of the market square. You are confident that they are all out of sight of the mayhem in the market square, and the ruined building seems relatively empty; but without venturing inside you can't be sure.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
RECAP (and initiative order for second round):

Erevan, in melee with one drake in the marketplace
Renestrae, in the marketplace (no longer hidden after her attack)
Kobolds, currently trying to set fire to a wagon off to one side of the marketplace - unaware of anything else at present
Paine, in melee with one drake in the marketplace
Orcassm, in the marketplace
Miri, near the wagon and kobolds, having spotted the trapped person(s) underneath
Cultists and Drakes - one cultist and dwarf cultist near the oak tree, two drakes in melee with Erevan/Paine
Ulfgar - safely seen the cart of townsfolk to safety for the moment

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The appearance of the drakes startle Paine, but he turns his attention to the nearest flying beast, shooting forth a painful ray of eldritch fire.

To hit (when he's up in the initiative): [roll0]. If a hit damage = [roll1].

pro100

First Post
Orcassam bares his teeth, sees Paine in pain :)
and tries to help him.

occ: I dont know how far are Paine and his drake foe: I must draw out my axe, if they are very close to me I can attack, otherwise I move toward them and attack next round. anyway, sooner or later, these are my rolls:

to hit 20: (16+4)
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=87795

damage:
1D8+2 = [3]+2 = 5 : http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=87796

ooc: For DM for the future: as a Tempest cleric I have 4 slots of "wrath of the storm": he who hits me must do a save dice vs dex or get 2d8 thunder damages. I consider I will use them as soon as I can within today

mips42

Adventurer
'Blackest night!' Erevan swears as he attempts to fend off the creature and draw his sword.
For now, Erevan will go on Full Defense until he can regain footing.

Remove ads