HOARD OF THE DRAGON QUEEN on FANTASY GROUNDS

Fantasy Grounds, the virtual table top which contains officially licensed D&D 5th Edition content, has just released Hoard of the Dragon Queen. The Fantasy Grounds version contains the entire adventure, and even has 11 bonus maps. You can pick up the whole adventure for $19.99. (thanks to Matchstick for the scoop!)

Fantasy Grounds, the virtual table top which contains officially licensed D&D 5th Edition content, has just released Hoard of the Dragon Queen. The Fantasy Grounds version contains the entire adventure, and even has 11 bonus maps. You can pick up the whole adventure for $19.99. (thanks to Matchstick for the scoop!)

This Module Includes

the entire contents of the Hoard of the Dragon Queen adventure
image handouts that can be shared with players collectively or individually
maps containing information for the Dungeon Master (DM) only and with all locations pre-linked to story entries which may contain additional DM notes, boxed text, encounters, images and treasure parcels
maps with all hidden information removed and resized for use as tactical combat maps
11 bonus maps created by Zeph Ponos (aka Zeus) for use where maps were not provided in the original adventure
tokens for many of the monsters in the module. When no token is available, a letter token is used to represent the NPC
XP for encounters that can be dragged to the party sheet and awarded to the players as they complete them
Searchable monster indexes by CR, type and in alphabetical order​

Find it right here!

Hoard_Custom_Map_2.jpg

Hoard_Player_Handouts.jpg

Hoard_Player_Maps.jpg

Nylanfs

Adventurer
If you pay the 9.99 sub do you get this as part of that?

The sub (or one time purchase) gives you the program, and the framework mechanics for a lot of systems. But does not give you any copyright material like the class descriptions, abilities etc. That is what you would need to either type in yourself or buy the modules from Smiteworks.

smiteworks

Explorer
The sub (or one time purchase) gives you the program, and the framework mechanics for a lot of systems. But does not give you any copyright material like the class descriptions, abilities etc. That is what you would need to either type in yourself or buy the modules from Smiteworks.

Nylanfs is correct. The sub (9.99) gives you the use of the software for 1 DM and any number of players and the standard sub (3.99) gives you the program and same stuff as the Ultimate sub, but without covering all your players too.

The price for this add-on covers the pre-loading of everything from the print version of the product, plus some into FG format. If you already have the book in hardback, you can play Hoard of the Dragon Queen without it and just enter things as you go and use the tokens you have available. The base subs come with a couple hundred tokens and simple letter tokens you can use to represent characters and enemies. You would need to enter in your own NPCs and supply your own maps or run as theater of the mind.

If you never bought the hardback, then you can buy this version and have everything you need to run it. Ownership of the hardback is not necessary to run this, although I personally like to collect those as well and read through them.

Daelkyr

First Post
We are still catching up with the products which have been released to date. We should be all caught up in time for a simultaneous release for Out of the Abyss later this year. The Rise of Tiamat should be coming out soon, followed by Princes of the Apocalypse (probably in a month -- hopefully less.) The DMG content was temporarily shelved to work out a few other issues, but might pop out before too long as well.

The sooner PotA drops, the better. I was iffy about running Tyranny of Dragons, but Elemental Evil is right up my alley. In addition, the module would really help when I work on Adventurers League content because I can drag and drop the EE monsters.

Banesfinger

Explorer
Hi Smiteworks,

This product looks fantastic. But my group has a few questions:

- If we purchase this Adventure, is it necessary to have the 5e Monster data-packs? Or are all the monsters in the adventure included?
- If I understand your forums correctly (it wasn't clear on your site), the 5e Character data-packs are not necessary to play either, but significantly make it easier/faster to create characters (instead of typing everything, there is pre-loaded info)?
- Theoretically, a group could purchase the "ultimate" subscription licence ($10) and this adventure ($20) and have everything they need to play?
- Has fog-of-war already been pre-added to the maps for this adventure (HotDQ)? Or would a DM have to add that?

smiteworks

Explorer
Hi Smiteworks,

This product looks fantastic. But my group has a few questions:

- If we purchase this Adventure, is it necessary to have the 5e Monster data-packs? Or are all the monsters in the adventure included?
- If I understand your forums correctly (it wasn't clear on your site), the 5e Character data-packs are not necessary to play either, but significantly make it easier/faster to create characters (instead of typing everything, there is pre-loaded info)?
- Theoretically, a group could purchase the "ultimate" subscription licence ($10) and this adventure ($20) and have everything they need to play?
- Has fog-of-war already been pre-added to the maps for this adventure (HotDQ)? Or would a DM have to add that?

1. It is not necessary to have the MM packs for this adventure, Lost Mine of Phandelver or Rise of Tiamat. That will not be the case for the Princes of the Apocalypse adventure. It will require the MM.

2. Correct. The player packs or complete pack are not necessary to play. You can fill out your character sheet like you would a paper sheet. For spells, we recommend entering it exactly as it is in your book and then select the parse spell effects option.

3. Yes, the Ultimate license sub ($10) and this product ($20) give you everything you need to play. I would highly recommend adding the D&D Basic Rules pack ($3) to the list though so you have the new theme and a bunch of basic character stuff pre-loaded.

4. Fog of War in FG is handled by adding a Mask Layer and cutting away the mask to reveal the explored sections. All NPCs from encounters are only placed when you launch that encounter and they are set to a default state of invisible. You can mark them visible individually or en masse and if they move back into the fog they become invisible again.

Nylanfs

Adventurer
On 4 I think he was asking if the mask was preapplied in the module, which I think is not the case. But is what, two clicks on the GM's part. But should be done before sharing the map with your players.

Remove ads

Remove ads