Level Up (A5E) Holdenshire campaign questions

Hey gang, I’m plotting out my first A5E campaign, and planning to use the starting/intro adventure, “Memories of Holdenshire” as the basis. I have a few questions about the setting though:

1) Does Holdenshire exist explicitly or implicitly within another setting world (e.g.: Zeitgeist), or is it setting-agnostic and plug’n’play by design?

2) Is Holdenshire the name of the entire region (including Northminster) or is it just the relatively tiny area around Hengistbury and Weirwood? The hex map suggests the latter, but I’m just looking for confirmation.

3) Memories of Holdenshire mentioned a follow up adventure called “To Slay a Dragon”. My EN5ider subscription shows me that adventure was previously compiled as “Holdenshire Chronicles” for O5E, and that it was followed by two more instalments, “To Stake a Vampire” and “To Smite a Fiend”, and that all of these revolve around the Hengistbury area. Are there plans to compile and update each of these adventures officially for A5E? (I’m hoping yes, though obviously the O5E versions are fully usable as-is.)

4) Lastly, the regional hex map… it’s a beautiful map, but Hengistbury (and Holdenshire) seem to be along the far western edge of the map. The eastern half of the map details locations that I don’t see in the adventure anywhere. Given that Hengistbury seems to be the central location of these stories, are there plans to provide another map centered upon—or showing what’s west of—Hengistbury?

I’m looking forward to this campaign, and just want to be organized so I can start laying hooks for my players early. Thanks for all your help.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
1 I think it's its own setting but really you could drop it pretty much anywhere there is a rural area with farms & a few small towns
2 there is a town with that name but I think it might also reference some of the surrounding land, it's not very important how far from town is still holden shire land or not. You could decide either way for purposes of moh & probably tsad from the part I've read.

3there are some references to parts of tsad and I've pulled a couple of them for simplicity but so far they have been very easy to plug & play "x is a problem" type of thing with some clear motivations. I also remember mention of tsad getting updated for levelup & haven't dug deeply enough to be sure if the copy I got from the Kickstarter is o5e or a5e like 5 sessions into moh with early bits of tsad included for flavor & filler.

4 those other areas to the east are where tsad spreads across. I linked my players to holden shire early by pushing back act 3 with a simple "someone is stealing bodies from the graveyard" adventure that had a reward of one stronghold (specifically the necromancer's) just to make them consider the stuff to the east as not home rather than become wandering murder hobos. :)

getquarked

Explorer
What i've done in my map is actually plug it into the forgotten realms sword coast, right around the greypeak mountains, so I can do a romp through a few premades that WOTC made but with the A5E system. Im pretty excited.

What i've done in my map is actually plug it into the forgotten realms sword coast, right around the greypeak mountains, so I can do a romp through a few premades that WOTC made but with the A5E system. Im pretty excited.
That’s a solid plan! That way, WotC is making content for ENPublishing’s game.

Remove ads