Hollywood's creativity problem and a (ranty) stroll through endless remakes...

Hussar

Legend
I felt unbelievably old when Spotify played a remake of Brittany Spears' Hit Me Baby by Ed Sheeran and I realized that Hit Me Baby is more than 20 years old and wasn't even released in this century. :erk:

Zardnaar

Legend
I felt unbelievably old when Spotify played a remake of Brittany Spears' Hit Me Baby by Ed Sheeran and I realized that Hit Me Baby is more than 20 years old and wasn't even released in this century. :erk:

Listening to Baby one more time would be like listening to something from 1975 when she released it.

In 90's think the only 70"s music I listened to was a bit of Kiss and Van Halen debut.

Last edited:

So just looking back on some of the bigger Sequels and Remakes from this year:

Top Gun Maverick - highly rated, critically acclaimed, smash hit (a movie that disproves the saying 'they don't make'm like they used to)

Avatar 2: way of water - highly rated, smash hit. Pushing the boundaries of special effects

Puss in Boots: the last wish - a movie so much better than it has any right to be, interesting and dynamic animation, great writing.

Glass Onion: knives out 2 - another well received, funny, well written sequel that improves on the original (for me)

The Batman - believe to be the best since the Nolan films, a stylish and gritty reboot.

Just a quick point about MCU films this year, all sequels, all by pretty original directors each with a unique style. Personally I thought Thor suffered from a director having too much of his own voice in the film. Which actually goes against the usual criticism that they're too formulaic.

Sure there were some bad remakes like the Fire Starter movie and some other stuff I've already forgotten, but 2022 was actually a pretty good year for sequels and remakes.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases