Hollywood's creativity problem and a (ranty) stroll through endless remakes...

Zardnaar

Legend
In fact we try not to talk about most of the parts of TNG from the 80's as much if we can help.

I never got the love for TNG. Tried watching it recently. Early on it's terrible and what's left is very hit and miss.

DS9 is a lot better imho we enjoyed that one.

Picard and Discovery aren't great either but early on they're better than TNG and Voyager. Mein gott they're bad.

Even by 90's standards.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I think we give later TNG more credit than it deserves because it gave us so many absolute bangers throughout the later seasons. Darmok, Chain of Command, Inner Light. Even earlier seasons had some bright spots like Measure of a Man and The Defector.

Also I think we give later TNG more credit than it deserves because Patrick Stewart is never not giving 110% and that's damn entertaining to watch

Ryujin

Legend
I think we give later TNG more credit than it deserves because it gave us so many absolute bangers throughout the later seasons. Darmok, Chain of Command, Inner Light. Even earlier seasons had some bright spots like Measure of a Man and The Defector.

Also I think we give later TNG more credit than it deserves because Patrick Stewart is never not giving 110% and that's damn entertaining to watch
Funny thing about "Darmok" was, by the second reference, I was wondering why Picard was being so thick. "They speak in metaphor, dammit!!!"

I never got the love for TNG. Tried watching it recently. Early on it's terrible and what's left is very hit and miss.

I really like TNG. Those first couple of seasons are a bit rough in parts but I still enjoyed those too (it did definitely get better though after that).

MGibster

Legend
I think we can all agree that "Code of Honor" in 1987 was the high point of TNG.

It looks to me like you're saying TNG is getting credit for being good because it was good. I certainly won't argue there weren't plenty of stinkers even in later seasons. The episode where Dr. Crusher bangs a ghost who had been previously banging her grandmother, "Sub Rosa," is from 1994 and is one of the worst episodes of the series. But overall the series was pretty good and deserves many of the accolades it gets.

Mad_Jack

Legend
I hear they're planning to reboot the Rambo movies with the new ones focused on the character of his niece from the last film and updated to better reflect modern warfare...

The first film is going to be titled Rando: First Date Part 1...

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
The episode where Dr. Crusher bangs a ghost who had been previously banging her grandmother

I think we can all agree that this was actually the best episode of television, ever.

Star Trek William GIF by Goldmaster

MGibster

Legend
I think we can all agree that this was actually the best episode of television, ever.
It's been more than 25 years since I watched an episode of TNG, I don't recognize that one.

Holy %#%#! More time has passed between the last time I watched an episode of TNG than the gap between the end of TOS and the start of TNG.

Zardnaar

Legend
It's been more than 25 years since I watched an episode of TNG, I don't recognize that one.

Holy %#%#! More time has passed between the last time I watched an episode of TNG than the gap between the end of TOS and the start of TNG.

I've been having similar thoughts about music lol.

Grunge was 30+ years ago.

Remove ads