D&D 5E Homebewed Warlord take 3

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
White Raven : Inspired by the Tactical Warlord of old I decided to have this subclass to be the one focused on Shouts and INT modifier. I'm thinking I could make the Bandit Leader more focused on silent signals, something useful to stealthy endeavors?

The point of this guy is to maneuver allies around and have them support each other better. Hence why I invented the additional Formation shouts that are focused on allies helping each other. I also thought it would be a cool power for a Warlord to be able to recharge allies' Reactions. It might not be useful all the time but if you got an ally with Sentinel they'll appreciate it a lot. Similarly I added the modification to STRIKE! that allows an ally to attack right away. It gives the feature more versatility (in the hands of the ally, mind you) and makes it useful in some corner cases where using a Reaction doesn't become a problem.
Now looking at formation shouts because formations are definitely on concept right. 4e had umm shield walls? ummmm that is about it.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
That's still a LOT of text to translate in that 5e 'natural language' thing... even if I cut the special section... You know it would have to include a Charisma or Wisdom saving throw.
The reason I brought it up is that is a very intensive and martial style charm effect. AND a bright shiney for a Charisma focused Warlord

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
So to me the Warlord is primarily an inspirational leader in 4e. The class certainly had or could have a lot of tactical flavor as well - but tactics didn't "heal" people - and every warlord ever created had the ability to "heal" allies.

I guess that's where I drift apart from most warlord fans - because I'm a fan of the class too - but tactical acumen was a secondary role of the class and not it's primary one.

Undrave

Legend
So to me the Warlord is primarily an inspirational leader in 4e. The class certainly had or could have a lot of tactical flavor as well - but tactics didn't "heal" people - and every warlord ever created had the ability to "heal" allies.

I guess that's where I drift apart from most warlord fans - because I'm a fan of the class too - but tactical acumen was a secondary role of the class and not it's primary one.

Well in the case of my version only the Steal Protector subclass really heals and that's because it has a built-in Healer feat. Otherwise, it's all temp HP.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Well in the case of my version only the Steal Protector subclass really heals and that's because it has a built-in Healer feat. Otherwise, it's all temp HP.

Maybe I'm missing the inspirational options.

I'm seeing a ton of abilities I'd classify as tactical.

Shouts - tactical
Coded Signals - tactical

I see one inspirational ability in the early levels of the primary class and it's optional. Inspiring presence.

Undrave

Legend
Maybe I'm missing the inspirational options.

I'm seeing a ton of abilities I'd classify as tactical.

Shouts - tactical
Coded Signals - tactical

I see one inspirational ability in the early levels of the primary class and it's optional. Inspiring presence.

Shouts could be considered inspirational too? 'SHAKE IT OFF!' is literally key'd off of Charisma. Batlefield Insight is just a re-name away from being Inspiring if you apply it when you attack.

But what more would you like to see exactly? I'm always open to suggestions. I'd like my potential 'Rabble Rouser' to be more inspiring.

Remove ads