Homebrew StarWars (Closed Group)

whardell

Explorer
It is a dark time for the Rebel Alliance. The Galactic Empire has unveiled their newest Super Weapon, the Death Star. With this mighty planet ending battlestation, the Evil Emperor Palpatine and his henchman DARTH VADER plan to rule the galaxy through fear and force of arms.

The rebels, disheartened by the loss of many of their best pilots, tacticians, and diplomats at the massacre of Yavin IV are beaten, but not broken. Without a victory to rally behind, the alliance is spread thin across the galaxy. The largest fraction of the forces, under the command of Captain Ackbar, hides beyond outer-rim where they have encountered fierce resistance from a sizable imperial fleet under the command of a mysterious Grand Admiral.

The rest of the alliance, lacking ships and skilled pilots, has dispatched a small group of trusted agents to the far flung Rigdan system. Here, where once a thriving space dock facility churned out thousands of ships, these brave rebels hope to procure a few working ships from the reclamation yards at Retro Station. Little do they suspect that both staunch allies and terrible enemies are already in system with plans and plots of their own...

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][ Camera pans down battered looking bulk transport pulling into dock alongside an equally battered space station.][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Female Droid Voice (intercom): “Welcome to Retro Station, the transport will be arriving soon. Remember, if you wish to pick up your luggage, have your credit chips ready, pick up fee 50 credits.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][People complaining, broken by a shout][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Male voice (young): “Look, a ship just came out of hyperspace, it looks like an imperial assault craft!”[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif][Camera swings to viewport and out into space, lurking there, fresh out of hyperspace is an Imperial Tiberon Class Attack Vessel][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Even as the yellow docking lights begin to flash the all clear to disembark, the transport captain's voice comes over the intercom.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Captain Pulmm (Sullastan): “The ISV (Imperial Space Vessel) Unyielding IV has ordered us to hold off docking with the station and to prepare for boarding... I'm going to have to ask you all to stay put, I'll be cycling the airlocks closed, but darn it all if I hadn't already started the port diagnostics... It's going to take at least 5 minutes for me to close the door. Again, you better stay put, doors are closing for an Imperial Boarding in 5 Minutes.”[/FONT]

Several people rush toward the airlock, a couple of droids (crew of the transport vessels) tell the disembarking passengers, "Wait, the captain has asked that you sit down" but none of the droids move to block the exiting passengers.

whardell

Explorer
When you are ready:

Post with your characters name and a few lines regarding what the other characters would know about you.

We are making the assumption that you either already know each other prior to boarding the transport, or me on the flight here. You are all either members of the rebellion or sympathizers. If you have other thoughts for your backstory and how you arrived in system, let me know.

Also please lay claim now to the color of your Speech. Please avoid the top row and the bottom row.

Taken So Far
Korynn Tade - Scoundrel without a race, ship, or sanisteam.
Domani - New Batch, Clone Trooper

Also, I like what Derek did about explaining what his different styles of text mean, lets keep to one standard, I'm thinking:

Styles of Text and what they mean:
[Brackets around your color]- Literal Things your character does. [Bob moves to the door and begins to slice the lock.]

Normal White Text - Player talk, should be game related, but does not have to be "in character talk". Ex: I think someone should move to the door and start on the lock. What do you guys think?

"YOUR COLOR HERE" - Exactly what your character says. For example, "Princess, i think you should join us, not because it will save your people, but because your father died to give you the chance to do the right thing."

Your Color Here The gist of what your character says, to be interpreted with the intent described and in light of your characters abilities. For example, Bob tells the princess she should join, he tries hits best to personalize the request.

[ White Text in brackets] - Cinematics, musical score, events. As of right now I plan on writing this out with these types of ques to remind everybody how cinematic this is supposed to feel.

Bob: This is what Bob says: I'll be putting npc names out in front to keep clear on who is saying what, fi there are multiple NPCs with dialog Ill have a different (nonplayer color) for each. I don't anticipate lots of NPC dialog.

OOC: truly ooc junk should be marked like this, by truly ooc i mean things like, hey did anybody watch the new spiderman trailer?

-Thats it for now

Last edited:

dharris42

First Post
Korynn Tade (played by Derek)

Out of character crap: unquoted white text.

In character actions: "quoted white text".

Speech: Holy god that is more green than I realized.

This is Derek, and I'll be playing Korynn Tade, a down on his luck scoundrel who recently had his ship impounded without release by the Empire, and is probably looking for the Rebel Alliance more for food and a hot sanisteam than any desire to go kill Naz...I mean, Stormtroopers.

Edit: Herp Derp, forgot to mention is race...mostly because I have no idea what it is yet.
Edit 2: Korynn Tade is a male Twi'lek.

Last edited:

Blutspitze

Explorer
OOC: *waves*

Danny here, playing the former Imperial soldier who goes simply by Domani, as he was never given a name. A stormtrooper from a failed attempt to re-create the original, superior, clone trooper, Imperial scientists were unable to generate the gene sequences programming the troopers with innate Imperial servitude in mind. The batch was mostly destroyed, with Domani and a few others barely escaping. He went on to join the alliance to fight his former oppressors, and doesn't know what happened to his brethren.

Speech = Yo blue.

BoudasBrain

First Post
-His name is Aiden Atinar and he has been living in a cargo pod for the past month. He wears a large cloak over his heavy armor and always wears his helmet in the common areas of the station.

-Everyone in port knows that he's a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter, but only the party and information brokers know his name.

-Any Journeyman of Galactic History would know that the Atinar Clan have never given up the nomadic life and have a unique perspective on Mandalorian culture.

-Any Journeyman of Streetwise would know that most of the Atinar Clan's ships were recently destroyed by an Imperial Fleet.

-A Master of Streetwise would know that no member of the Atinar Clan has ever taken a contract for the Empire.

-Any Journeyman of Force Sense can tell that Aiden is Force sensitive.

Aiden would share any of the above with the party once trust is established.

When a drunken conversation turns to Mandalorians, Aiden will often say: "The Fetts have always been tools."

Last edited:

trolled

First Post
Sine Threed is a tall Duros with sickly gray skin, and dark red eyes gleaming out from beneath a wide-brimmed hat. He wears a full length robe, somewhat loose, but never in his way, which covers him from wrist to ankle. His hands are almost always gloved, but when you have seen him without them, it is obvious that they are both cybernetic. His boots, much like his hat, appear to be well made, and make hardly a sound, even on durasteel bulkheads. His only obvious equipment is an old Shock Staff, which bears the signs of repeated use.

"Seems these old bones aren't what they used to be. Still, no time like today for a bit o' fun."

[Sine joins the fleeing passengers]

whardell

Explorer
I just email out the character sheet I have written up. Please so ahead and build your characters and send me a copy. On Tuesday I will make a character sheet for anyone that hasn't sent me their own builds. If you have your own sheet and dont want to use mine, thats fine. Turn one starts Wednesday!

Remove ads