Honeymarsh Academy (D&D3.5) Chapter 2

Well, Bartlin does detect evil. A single presence-- the same evil he detected back at the potion shop.

The redcap looks at him distustedly.
"ooh, the little fellow isna going to let me go then? Is that right, Mr. Fancypants?"

He looks back at the rest of you. "Bah!"

"Let me off of this island and I'll never come back. I promise that on the grave of my own mother, on the courts of the Unseelie!"

Krug

Newshound
"No we cannot let this vile thing be. He would have other crimes to answer for. Let the Unseelie take care of him!" says Bahuman.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Bartlin: Queens Knight 6

Are there no members of the Seelie court who we can speak to about this? I say we ask the experts what to do. Bartlin says looking into the Redcap's eyes. It's obvious that Bart wants this done right.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Seeker looks at the others with an odd look in his eyes and distast written across his face. "You know, back at the orphanage, we used to go fishing. Not everything that we caught was a keeper. It's the little ones, you see... you throw those ones back. Either they get canny and stop eating worms off of dangling hooks, or they get caught again when they're bigger."

He grins, but there is no joy to be seen. "See... you only fry the big ones."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Bartlin: Queens Knight 6

Bart gives Seeker a look and steps away from the Redcap. "Fine. If you intend to release it go ahead and do so but I will hold you personally responsible for the further crimes it commits. We aren't talking fish here Human. Were talking about a being devoted to evil. You think it's 'small'? It would have killed Arvin. It will kill any one of us if it wished to do so and feel nothing but glee." Bart walks out of the room and waits outside the door.

The redcap swears solemnly on his cap that he'll leave Honeymarsh and nae come back!

He gives you all a detailed description of the location of Cora's Cave in the Wastecomb Hills. He points out a general area on the map (about a 1 mile square area) but he can't read the map well enough to pinpoint the caves.

He describes Cora as a horrible old hag, which doesn't jibe very well with the description of Graeze that most poeople knew of- a striking looking woman. He and his gang (which includes some other other fey, other redcaps, and possibly a pair of goblins) worked for Cora for about a year.

The package described was the size of a small crate that took two hands to carry, but wasn't otherwise too big.

OOC: I know it's something Bartlin wants done right, but I worry about reaching bog-points in the pBp that will kill the game as we try and figure out whats best. Let's just move it along, and say the redcap is placed in a jail cell at the school to await some kind of decision.

AmorFati

First Post
Kytheria

So, we're off to the hills now. Oh well, I am sure it will be for the better, if we can find this Cora and the helmet... The darkness within her is strong, I think.

"Let us go find these hills then... Or do we rest first?"

[sblock]Is it the same day? Or the next day? Thinking of spells etc....[/sblock]

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
"Let us be on our way!" says Bahuman. "And the mystery deepens. Is Cora a hag as the redcap says? Did she disguise herself as a beautiful woman? And if there are more redcaps," he shudders, "well... let us hope there are not TOO many more of them." The half-giant gets ready to leave.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Seeker stretches his arms. "So, if she is a hag, do we need to take any particular precautions?"

The man looks at Kytheria. "Are you up to healing us all again, should there be a need?"

Remove ads