Honeymarsh Academy (D&D3.5) Chapter 2

AmorFati

First Post
Kytheria

Seeing the leaping monkeys, Kytheria draws on the power of The Light, and send forth a ray of light, aiming at the closest monkey.

[sblock]Cast Searing Light at the closest monkey-thing. Does 3d8 damage.[/sblock]

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Seeker starts. By the golden heavens... actual demons... HERE! Seeker draws his steel and runs around the group to getter a better bead on the action. "Watch your step everyone. I fear these apes don't have our best intentions at heart!"

OOC:
Swift Action (Aura - Motivate Care, +1 AC to all allies)
Double Move (B10 to E7, E7 to H5)
Draw sword

(Initiative repost for reference)
Yarin +3 : 20
Arvin +7 : 16 (higher dex)
Bahuman +1 : 16
Gorilla-things +4 : 13
Bartlin +3 : 10
Alek +4: 9
Seeker +0: 7
Kytheria +2 : 3

Yarin reacts quickly, drawing his dagger and throwing it with deadly aim. It catches the gorilla demon in the shoulder. The thing looks surprised for a second.

(Yarin rolled a natural 19, scoring a critical threat. Unfortunaltey he wasn't able to confirm the crit. Still, he hit, doing 3 damage. )

Arvin remains motionless and draws his shortswords.

"Why is it these butt-uglies always want to jibber-jabber before we stomp them?" He draws his shortswords in one swift smooth motions and attacks at the demon, with a pair of practiced opening slashes. The demon parries the first and then deftly blocks the second slash with his metal armbands and sparks fly. It grins through a pair of bloody tusks at Arvin and its eyes burn with green abyssal fire.

OOC: The AC is 22. Arvin rolled an 18 and a 12.

Bahuman rushes forward unleashing the heer psionic energy of his deep crystal greataxe at the horrible beast. There is shockwave of force and a ripple of energy as it connects, hacking the demon badly. a tear of black energy opens in the demons side...it howls in agony, and shifts it's focus from Bartlin to Bahuman. "You'll live to regret that, mortal..!"

The demon takes another 29 points of damage. Normally each has 45, so this one now has 13 hp, including Yarins dagger damage.

The wounded demon attacks Bahuman with a vicious claw attack, but Bahuman sidesteps the blow. The Bar-Lgura bounces backwards out of reach, and warily setting up his guard.

OOC: He attacked(partial attack), then took a 5' step to L8.

The unwounded demon attacks Bartlin with full ferocity!

OOC: Bartlin is still flat-footed. He hasn't acted yet! So his AC is still 15. 1st claw attack hits for . Second claw attack hits. Bite attack hits. Bartlin takes a total of 23 damage. (stamps RBDM card). Bartlin is down to 25 hp.

Bartlin, is suddenly pressed- he brings his lance to bear and strikes!

OOC: Bartlin hits for 8 damage. T1 is now at 37hp.

Alek turns in midstep, calling out to Kytheria* "Kyth, you have the beasts titles, and they're sure as Sigil not from our cozy little island, a magic circle against evil should be enough to keep them out of our hair, if you have such prepared?"

*Alek finishes his spell with a devilish grin, sending off a jittering orb of electricity for the nearest demon* "and if not, there's always the direct approach!!"

The electric orb crackles with power as it arcs at the demon battling Bartlin, hitting it square in the chest. It turns it's gaze at Alek, seemingly unharmed. It chuckles nastily. "Students." it hisses contemptuously.

OOC: No damage! immune to electricity.

Seeker draws his steel and runs around the group to getter a better bead on the action. "Watch your step everyone. I fear these apes don't have our best intentions at heart!"

OOC: Motivate Care is in effect! Allies have +1 AC. Seeker's sword is now drawn.

Kytheria is suddenly bathed in a blue-white sheen as the light of Pelor reaches her. Her eyes seem to glow pure white. As if possessed, she extends one graceful hand and a shock of purest white light streaks through the air at the Bar-Lgura that Bahuman wounded. At the last second, the demon ducks, and a fist sized hole is burned through the trees and brush behind it.

Kytheria missed on her touch attack. :( I actually rolled twice--allowed for a reroll-- because I thought it was such a cool tactic, but she missed both times. Touch AC for these guys is 14. Stamps RBDM card again.

OOC: When I get 10 stamps on my RBDM card I get a free sandwich.

Attachments

• jungleambush2.gif
    jungleambush2.gif
    234.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
Bahuman lifts his axe and advances towards the demon. "The number of enemies who say that I cannot count, and I have not regretted sticking my axe in them!" says the half-giant, bringing his axe down on the demon again.

Step to K8, and attack again.
Strike: +12/3d6+9/x3

Tinner

First Post
Arvin rushes forward, trying to maneuver the ape creature between himself and Bartlin.

OOC: Arvin moves forward to L7 for the flank, then attacks T1

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Bartlin: Queens Knight 6

Bart moves Morninglight back 5' and stabs at demon t1 again. "It's interesting how mighty you think you are compared to how easily you die." Bart says from his faithful mounts back. He'll be damned if he's going to let on how hurt he is until they lay dead at his feet.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Seeker watches as his companions battle the denizens from below; thier very presence an affront to his senses. He can feel his blood burning in his veins...

With an inarticulate cry of anger & loathing, Seeks the Darkness charges the ape-demon assaulting Bart! With the songs of his home plane echoing through his skull he brings to bear all the might of his heritage into a single powerful blow!

OOC: Charge to K6 & Smite Evil (+4 damage) on T1
Umm... attack +10 (+3 base, +3 str, +1 WF, +1 weapon, +2 charge) damage 1d8+8 (+3 str, +1 weapon, +4 smite)

AmorFati

First Post
Kytheria

Seeing the monkey-boy damaging the bee-knight, she takes a quick decision. Saying a quick prayer to Pelor, she summons forth a hammer of pure force, trying to hit the ugly, smelly monkey!

[sblock]Cast Hammer of Righteousness (From BoED) on T1. Does 6d6 damage, or 6d8 damage if the demons is evil (Duh!). Fortitude halves the damage. When the spell is cast, she will suffer 1d3 points of Strength damage.[/sblock]

Remove ads