Honeymarsh Academy (D&D3.5) Chapter 2

Mithran

First Post
Yarin stands quietly for several moments as he realizes that he's just thrown his only weapon at the creatures Mustn't do that. But what else am I going to do? Here goes...

OOC: Yarin will attempt a Control Shape check to voluntarily change to hybrid form.

(Initiative repost for reference)
Yarin +3 : 20
Arvin +7 : 16 (higher dex)
Bahuman +1 : 16
Gorilla-things +4 : 13
Bartlin +3 : 10
Alek +4: 9
Seeker +0: 7
Kytheria +2 : 3

** Note: Alek will be assumed to take a full defense this round!

Yarin suddenly begins to tear off and loosen his clothing and armor. He doubles over, seemingly in pain.. and his eyes turn white. He snarls and howls involuntarily. Kytheria catches a glimpse of his face suddenly elongating and becoming more feral and savage looking...

OOC: Yarin missed his control shape by 1 point, but he can try again next round.

Arvin rushes forward to try and trap the demon between himself and Bartlin. He moves in, slashing with his shortswords. The demon is flanked, yet manages to block the singing blades with his metal armbands once again.

Arvin moved to L7, and attacked. The demons have ac 22. Unfortunately, his total was 19, even with the flanking bonus!

Bahuman lifts his axe and advances towards the demon. "The number of enemies who say that-- I cannot count! and I have not regretted sticking my axe in them!" roars the half-giant, bringing his axe down heavily on the demon again. A wider tear of cold blackness is cut by the deep crystal battle axe, and the body falls heavily to the floor where it begins to his and crackle with green flame.

Bahuman hits with a total of 31. He does 24 damage.. bringing it down to ... -11. Yeah, that one's dead.

The Bar-lgura battling Arvin and Bartlin suddenly howls with rage. He breaks away from Arvin momentarily and comes around the side of Bartlin uttering dark guttural syllables of demonic magic. Bartlin spies an opening and jabs at it with his lance.

OOC: the demon takes a 5' step to K5 and begins using his teleport ability. The 5' step doesn't provoke an AoO, but the spell-like ability does, and Bartlin rolls a 25, doing 3 damage. T1 is now at 34 hp and must make a concentration check of DC13 to teleport. He misses the check with a 7.

The demon curses Bartlin.. and everyone else for good measure.

Bartlin follows up with a second jab of the lance, drawing ichor from the abyssal creature. "It's interesting how mighty you think you are, compared to how easily you die..." Bart says from his faithful mounts' back. He'll be damned if he's going to let on how hurt he is until they lay dead at his feet.

Bartlin hits with a 24, doing another 4 damage. T1 is now at 30 hp.

Alek takes full defense this round!

Seeker watches as his companions battle the denizens from below; thier very presence an affront to his senses. He can feel his blood burning in his veins...

With an inarticulate cry of anger & loathing, Seeks the Darkness charges the ape-demon assaulting Bart!

OOC: Seeker is charging(+2), and his charge also happens to put the beast into a flank(+2).
Unfortunaltey, he missed with a total of 19. I think that means he loses his smite for the day...but the demon is again flanked at least.

Kytheria switches spells, calling onthe light of Pelor. A hammer of light materializes in the air across from the demon, and suddenly swings downward with crushing divine force.

Kytheria takes 3 strength damage. She must make a caster check to defeat the spell resistance 16 of the demons. She makes a 9 total. :( and the hammer dematerializes...

The demon snarls "I'll destroy you all.. one by one..."

Attachments

• jungleambush3.gif
    jungleambush3.gif
    224.9 KB · Views: 67

Krug

Newshound
"So much for that threat!" says Bahuman. Raising his axe, Bahuman rushes over to aid his companions, and brings his greataxe down onto the remaining foe, the crystal shimmering with light in the blazing sun. "Face the fury of Bahuman!"
Charge: +2, -2 AC to K6
Strike: +14/3d6+9/x3
Man I wish I had a greater critical threat range. ;)

Last edited:

Tinner

First Post
"Where do you think you're going?" Arvin shouts at the ape-creature before bringing his blades to bear yet again.
I've got to connect this time. I look like a fool swinging for the fences and never connecting!

OOC: Arvin takes a 5' step to K6 and full attacks T1.

Krug

Newshound
Arvin, could you step to L6 instead? So that Bahuman can charge to K6. Sorry about that should have stated the square I was in.

Tinner

First Post
Krug said:
Arvin, could you step to L6 instead? So that Bahuman can charge to K6. Sorry about that should have stated the square I was in.

OOC: Sure, assuming I can still make a full attack from L6, I'd be glad to. :D

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Damnation! Their hides are thick! Seeker draws his arm back delivers, what he hopes is a lethal backhand to the demonic entity.

"What are you foul creatures doing here anyway, isn't there some grasshoppers that you could be burning beneath a spyglass on a Gehennan Sphere or something?"

Mithran

First Post
Yarin groans then doubles over once more Why? my companions will surely finish the creature. For the taste of blood! and Yarin howls.

OOC: Going for it again, tactically it's probably not needed any more. But if he's managed to get himself almost worked up enough already he's not thinking to clearly.

AmorFati

First Post
Kytheria

Shaking her head sadly at seeing the hammer of force dissipating, then feeling her strength draw away - for nothing!

Oh well, sacrifices must be made for the greater good. It seems my friends got the situation under controll though...

With that, Kytheria will move to anyone who looks damaged and heal him.

[sblock]Will move to the one who seems most damaged, probably Bartlin, and heal him, using a Cure Moderate Wounds, healing 2d8 + 7 damage.[/sblock]

Remove ads