• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Honeymarsh Academy (D&D3.5) Chapter 2

Tinner

First Post
Arvin wipes the demon's ichor from his blades before putting them away, then stoops and retrieves the bracers the beasts wore, cleaning them as best he can. Arvin also retrieves the leather satchel from where it hangs.
"Looks like we've earned a little more loot for our troubles," he says. "These should fetch a pretty penny back in town. I have to say this is turning out to be a very profitable but violent education."

Lobo Lurker

First Post
"Well, we did it again." Says Seeker with a smile. "Or rather, you all did it." :)

"Anyone know what those monkeys were? I wonder what they were doing here?"

Looking over the platinum coins in the satchel, you notice that they are of the same pressing as the ones given to the Redcap- the stamp of a moon and a holly leaf on one side. On the other side is the stamp of the Lunargent Mint in Mechanus.

Yarin (who has appraise +6) notes that platinum coins like this are usually specially minted by especially wealthy buyers and sellers who are dealing with large cash sums and don't want to deal with the vagaries of the local gem market wherever they go. To find them on th Redcap was unusual, but to find them again so close would be too much of a coincidence.

Yarin tries to figure out more clues from the coin, but can't think of anything else.

AmorFati

First Post
Kytheria

At Bahumans kind words, Kytheria blushes and looks away, into the forest. "You are too kind, friend. I only do what I have to, indeed what I want to, in service of The Light. If I can help mending your wounds, that is what I will do." She then turns to Bartlin with a worried look. "You are hurt! Come, let me heal you!"
She proceeds to walk over to the Queens Knight, and call on the Light of Pelor to heal Bartlins wounds.

[sblock]Will heal Bartlin, using a Cure Moderate Wounds, healing 2d8+7 damage.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Bartlin: Queens Knight 6

"Thank you sun priestess. I am sorely wounded." The halfling says. The bee for a moment looks like it will try to stop her from approaching but it recognises her as an ally and simply settles down next to him and it's antenna fuss over his hair leaving a pollen dusting on him.

Kytheria heals Bartlin 19 hp, bringing him up to 44 (out of 47).

The battle and subsequent break won't really delay you unless you want to wait a day. Let me know when you are ready to continue on...

Arvin estimates only an hour or two longer- it will be mid-afternoon by the time you reach the wastes, and then you'll have to track down the caves.

Tinner

First Post
"Well that was a decent workout," says Arvin. "Shall we continue on? If this wench has the platinum to spare to hire redcaps and demons, then surely there will be a veritable hoard of treasures waiting for us to claim after she is vanquished and the helm reclaimed!"
After performing dismally against the ape-demons, Arvin is noticeably cheered at the prospect of further treasure.

Krug

Newshound
"Yes, let us proceed. It is not treasure I am concerned about, but this 'wench' seems to have many resources... and servitors," says Bahuman, meditating briefly to regain his focus.

Mithran

First Post
Yarin whimpers and seems somewhat upset at not being able to hit the demon creature. Yarin sniffs the air quietly for several minutes then retreats back a few paces from the others.

OOC: I forget, can the hybrid form speak? Yarin will try a control shape check to get back to normal, and rush for his pants quick.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Bartlin: Queens Knight 6

Bart hears the men say the word Wench and blushes. "Have a care guys. There is a lady present. Ok I'm going to use a little royal jelly and regain the last of my strength and we're off right?" He takes his talisman and pours some of the honey out of it into the last of his wounds and as it sinks into the skin it heals over.

ooc: Casts Cure light wounds.

Remove ads