Hosting Compiled Story Hours

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Odd. The links say "d20reviews.com" for me, not "enworld.org". Perhaps you're looking at a cached version of the page from just before I started rearranging things on the servers?

I've uploaded the page again just in case, though.

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Morrus, do we need to state "The best of the best from those listed below: Out of the Frying Pan and Sagiro's Story Hour. And if Piratecat and Wulf Ratbane send theirs along, they will join them!"?

I mean, no one's denying that they're the most successful story hours, but we're all struggling to do our best. It sucks for us "Brand X" manufacturers when you've got the most popular story hours named as "the best", which is stating an absolute in a matter of taste.

Last edited:

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Dr Midnight said:
Morrus, do we need to state "The best of the best from those listed below: Out of the Frying Pan and Sagiro's Story Hour. And if Piratecat and Wulf Ratbane send theirs along, they will join them!"?

I mean, no one's denying that they're the most successful story hours, but we're all struggling to do our best. It sucks for us "Brand X" manufacturers when you've got the most popular story hours named as "the best", which is stating an absolute in a matter of taste.

You all know I love Nemmerle's, Sagiro's, Piratekitty's and Wulf's Story Hours, but here Doc is right, that phrase is unfair...

Jodo Kast

First Post
I also was struck by that introduction as being a little odd. Nothing against the Big 4, heck, we all know and love 'em. But if I were new to the Story Hour forum and came across this, I'd be likely to just check out the recommended ones and avoid the others. I don't have a dog in the compilation hunt (yet), but there's my two credits.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
OK, refreshing the page now did the trick.

As for the "best of best" comment, I'm ambivalent. They are among the best, but I'm not sure that the intro should necessarily plug them as such. They've got enough advantages as it is!

;)

Last edited:

Lazybones

Adventurer
Ah, we all know PC has an intern or something hitting "refresh" all day to get that page count up so high. That's the only explanation I can think of for that ungodly 95,000+ views. :D

[turns green]

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Kid Charlemagne said:
As for the "best of best" comment, I'm ambivalent. They are among the best, but I'm not sure that the intro should necessarily plug them as such. They've got enough advantages as it is!

Huh. Didn't even notice that bit.

It's nice to be considered "up there," sure. And it would be nice to have the extra traffic come my way-- save me the trouble of shamelessly plugging the story in the General forum (which I still have to do-- it ain't all gravy).

But appreciated though it may be by me, I can't say that I need the bump from Morrus; there's no sense disgruntling anybody over it.

Wulf

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I was pleasantly surprised to see it - but I am more surprised to say the mine is among the most popular - from the number of page views/reader posts I wouldn't think so. . .

Instead of having "the Man" recommend our story hours - perhaps we can go back to the idea of a "reviews page" like for d20 products where people can post reviews and ratings if they like.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
nemmerle said:
Instead of having "the Man" recommend our story hours - perhaps we can go back to the idea of a "reviews page" like for d20 products where people can post reviews and ratings if they like.

I had thought that was a good idea as well. I am not averse to criticism and competition.

God, I hope not, anyway. Story Hour is the least of my concerns these days...

Wulf

Remove ads