• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

House Millithor in the City of the Spider Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasarra

First Post
Matron Mother Ki'Willis Millithor's fingers swirled in the air before her, forming her words, "Capture them. If they cannot be trained, they will at least be useful as a sacrifice. We can bind their hands with webbing." Good fortune seemed with them, even in this bleak setting. The possibility of gaining a few slaves without expending coin was a tempting one. At worst, they could subdue the goblins enough to sell them in Mantol Derith. Any way she looked at it, they could not be allowed to escape. They may have heard what she said, and if that information got to other races outside of the city's slaves, Menzoberranzan would be in dire straits, indeed.

Last edited:

Prince Atom

Explorer
Better Late than Never

As Dariel moves ahead of the group, and the Matron and her consort begin the cluster of bodies in the middle, Marckarius shakes out his heavily-enchanted flail and falls back into the rearguard position.

He notices the webs and the bundled goblins, then dismisses them as no threat. He sees nothing more sinister, and in his opinion almost nothing is as sinister as his fellow drow. If I were a betting man -- and I am -- I'd say we're probably at greatest risk from those things with more appendages than us. I remember those rumors from a week ago, about the dumb ones moving up into the tunnels below Menzoberranzan. I'd wager we'll run into some Ill-kids, if anything."

At the mention of killing, he perks up, bringing his weapon to the ready, but when goblins are mentioned he relaxes with a frustrated sigh. Goblins?! I wanna kill something worth killing!" He gives his flail, nothing more than a heavy spiked ball on a braided strand of spider silk and a handle, a petulant little practice-swing, keeping far away from the webs where it might attract ... attention.

Then he settles in to wait for a chance for payback.

TWK
Dibs on coral!

BTW, "dumb ones" means illithids. Why else do they need to eat brains? They have none of their own!

Radiant

First Post
Behind Narcelia's unmoving eyes she allready calculates the possilbe use and worth of the goblins as she continues to watch with detatched interest.

Endur

First Post
The goblin continues to struggle and whines through the webbing, "Please Great One, spare loyal Glick, I will work in your mushroom garden with gladness! Glick wants to live. Glick will do anything the Great One asks. "

Those of you who are looking up no longer see the mound next to the Stalactite where you saw it before. Its very hard to see the ceiling through all the webs, and you have no idea where the Spider is.

The goblin sentries do not appear to be alert. There appears to be one goblin about 20' down the first crevice. A second crevice has a goblin sentry about 30' down the crevice.

Last edited:

Raurth Snowfang

First Post
OOC: At this point Krecil will count how many guards there are visible and coordinate their capture with the males of House Millithor. (providing this is ok with all, if not, ignore rest of post :p )

Krecil grinned at Ki'Willis ever-opportunist outlook at prepared himself for the capture of the few golns. In truth, he hated these creatures and would much sooner have them dead than have them following them through this place, making more noise than a herd of Rothe. But, she had decreed and so it must be done.

Krecil's hands flash as he instructs the other males with silent code: Torellan, Dariel, the Matron has need of these goblins for slaves, we must formulate a plan to capture them. Though walking right up to them would morelike paralyse them with fear!

Thels

First Post
Dariel looks back at Krecil, sheating his swords in order to return a message: "Possible. There's only two of them that I can see, one in each crevice, though there's probably more in the cave beyond them. If either one of them screams for help, we'll probably get flooded by them, with no option than to kill them all. Maybe we could sneak upon them, though things would be a lot easier if we could just take their lives."

With that, Dariel takes note of the current situation, shifting his forcus from Krecil to the Matron talking to the encapsuled goblin to the other familymembers to the spider on the... The spider! Where did it go? I don't like this! I don't like this at all!

Dariel nervously looks around the Canyon. Darn it! Where did it go? Dariel looks back at Krecil and the others, his hands flashing: "The spider, where did it go?"

Last edited:

Raurth Snowfang

First Post
Krecil chuckles at Dariel's words and mutters to him: "Aye, L'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol!"

He draws his hair back from his face and ties it at the nape of his neck in a loose ponytail as he prepares for what could be an upcoming fight.

"I could use my magical talents to get close to them with invisibilty, but that should not be needed with ones such as these. I could, no doubt, get within a metre of them without them noticing.."

(OOC: L'alurl gol zhah elghinyrr gol is Drow for: "The best goblin is a dead goblin".)

In response to Dariel's urgent hand flashing Krecil brings his sights off of the goblins and starts scanning the giant web above him. There is no way that thing is getting near him without him noticing it, holy or unholy.. Anyway, with Lloth gone maybe she wouldn't notice the loss of one overly large arachnid here and there?

Last edited:

Yasarra

First Post
Ki'Willis set to work on the webbing, watching all the while for the spider, her tone is one that reflects her amusement, "Abbil orbb (friend spider) must have grown quite a bit in my absense to keep such reserves in his 'pantry'." Quickly, she worked at the strands with her enchanted blade, doing her best to leave the goblin's hands encased in webbing, though she is not particularly careful about cutting the goblin at all, her tone is now brutally honest, "Stay still, or the spider will be upon you before you are freed of the web, and I will not stand between him and his meal if we are discovered. If you scream, I will kill you myself. Do you understand?"

Endur

First Post
The goblin goes limp and stays perfectly silent. The webbing around the goblin seems to open of its own accord when the Matron passes her Spiderfang dagger over the trapped goblin.

Those who are looking up spot the Spider. It is as large as the Sculpture dedicated to Lolth in the House Millithor chapel. Its body is nearly seven feet in diameter. Its legs are longer than that. And it is descending from the ceiling directly above the Matron and the goblin.

With a final pass of her knife, the Matron frees the goblin of all the webs except some bindings on his arms, pulls him away from the web, and looks up.

The Gargantuan Spider continues downward for a second and then stops. The spider pauses for a moment and then slowly ascends to the ceiling.

Still afraid to move or speak, the goblin Glick looks at the Matron Mother in fear and wonder. He doesn't appear to have noticed any of the other Drow yet.

The Goblin Sentries remain unalerted.

Last edited:

Yasarra

First Post
Ki'Willis held onto an extra bit of spider strand attached as a lead to the goblin and muttered, "Follow." She then glanced up at the spider, "He remembers. Abbil (friend), the goddess has shown you much favor. " Smiling, she pointed up at the gigantic spider and whispered to her daughters, "Inspiring, isn't he? I remember when he was much smaller. It seems only a few decades ago that he was only as tall as I. May it please the goddess that Qu'ellar Millithor grows so great so quickly."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads