House of the Dragon spoiler thread

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
First episode — dragons, a tourney, lots of political conversations! Matt Smith chewing the scenery.

What did you think?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Looks great, narration bit was odd, wish they slowed the pace down more for exposition. Felt like they crammed too much in one pilot. I guess the coming episodes will tell if that's an issue or not.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
The story was spoiled by gratuitous whores and facesmashing and ballbreaking, the story is quite plausible (if unremarkable) and they did try to give it some emotional gravitas despite Matt Smith chewing up the scenery

its not as compelling as the Stark saga, but the dragons and succession crisis were nice elements

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
So much blond hair. So much...
Game Of Thrones Queen GIF by houseofthedragon

That family needs a lot of shampoo and conditioner!

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Hard to say yet. It certainly looks great. But I'll need to see most of the year to see how I feel about the story. This episode was carrying a lot of exposition weight...

pukunui

Legend
Like I said in the other thread ...

Just watched the first episode. It was a decent enough start. I liked the pageantry of it. The dragons were cool. The choral version of the GoT theme during the end credits was a nice touch. I appreciated that Viserys is being cut by the Iron Throne.

Will keep watching for now.

I enjoyed the first episode, I'd set my expectations pretty low which always helps.
It hit all the right notes for me, although didn't quite feel like the event television that the original series was. But a solid start with lots of political intrigue. It was always going to feel smaller in scale than Game of Thrones due to the focus on the Targaryen house.

Ten dragons!

Remove ads