D&D 3E/3.5 How a lord can be assassinated in DnD 3e?

2late

First Post
Grazzt said:
Using either method- age the lord until he dies from old age. Nothing can bring him back then.
What about Reincarnation+Poly other...
Reincarnation brings you back with a healthy/young body.

What about: CoupDeGrace+Simulacrum+Desintigrate
He's dead+Nobody notices it ;)

Lord_of_Doom

First Post
1. Kidnap the lord.

2. Construct some sort of moveable cage/cell to hold him. Put him in that, and attach shackles that act like a ring of sustanance to him, as well as endure elements if necessary.

3. Planeshift him to a plane/demiplane where time runs much faster.

4. In a few weeks, he'll have died of old age. A soul that dies in this fashion cannot be ressurected. QED.

5. To be extra safe, accompany the cage with a golem or the like to deter rescuers.

Broken Fang

First Post
I like Caliban's esay way...plus add in the aging effect. That should do it since death by old age is it. Can Wish still do it? We are talking 9th level spells here.

ruleslawyer

The 9th-level cleric/wizard spell soul bind will prevent any sort of resurrection, even via wish or miracle. That's the straightforward way to do it. Caliban's idea is good as well, though.

Gaio Macareg

First Post
Man you're all missing the obvious. First you talk the DM into starting a campaign where raise dead doesn't work... ;)

And on a more serious note, Caliban, I'm curious about whether or not your version can stop a wish too. Seems to me using wish to request the head back should be enough to spoil it. Would it matter if the head were stuck in a magic dead zone?

'Course you could always go into the outer planes and kill his petioner body after killing him. That should work too. If your DM uses that particular bit of metaphysics. Besides, he'll only be 2HD so it's simple.

Last edited:

Mr.Binx

First Post
Motivate the noble into committing suicide or at least into a forlorn state before slaying him. A soul that doesn't wish to live cannot be resurrected. A witty 1st level character with enough pinache can pull this one off rather nicely (no magic required). :cool: Definately not an option for your hack n' slash players however since roleplaying would be required.

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
There are also a few prestige classes/feats in the non-core books (One that comes to mind is called "I meant it when I killed you the first time") that cause True Death - can't be resurrected.

Barring those, I'm voting for the ring of sustanence, new plane theory.

Orco42

First Post
Hire a Garrote from ELH to kill him.

The head of the guild has a cloak that can prevent resurection from all sources (including epic level spells and intervention from greater gods).

Of course the fee is quite high, but you get what you pay for.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Gaio Macareg said:
Man you're all missing the obvious. First you talk the DM into starting a campaign where raise dead doesn't work... ;)

And on a more serious note, Caliban, I'm curious about whether or not your version can stop a wish too. Seems to me using wish to request the head back should be enough to spoil it. Would it matter if the head were stuck in a magic dead zone?

'Course you could always go into the outer planes and kill his petioner body after killing him. That should work too. If your DM uses that particular bit of metaphysics. Besides, he'll only be 2HD so it's simple.

It probably wouldn't stop a wish from retrieving the head, but if you have 9th level spells freely available it's nearly impossible to keep someone dead.

In most campaign worlds, even a nations ruling body won't commonly have access to high level spells.

CrazedDwarf

First Post
In a recent campaign I was in, a wizard managed to gate in a demon that carried the emperor off to some Abyssal plane, never to be seen again. Of course, the demon shortly afterwards turned on the wizard, so that plan didn't work out so great for him...

Remove ads