D&D 5E How about Them Grung?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Has anyone here played one? What did you think?

I have a Grung Ranger in our Space Opera game (currently just test one shots), and he’s fun so far.

Fenris447

Explorer
I haven't had the pleasure of playing or DMing one, but I adore the little guys. There's a whole jungle island in my world, where a military installation is located. The local inhabitants are tree-dwelling Grung. If I play my cards right, my players could potentially re-enact the ground portion of the Battle of Endor. I won't railroad them into it, but I'm really hoping it works out that way.

Also if anyone's painting Grung, use a gloss clear finish on their skin for that slick effect. My wife's painted up a few and it's a lovely touch!

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
There's also the whole thing about a very short lifespan for Grung. Playing that innocence and total disregard for the value of life is fun.

When one of the characters died the Grung character was totally unaffected other than seeing a newly available meal. Good fun.

Larrin

Entropic Good
They are fun, the defining feature is definitely their jump. We hand waved the water dependency with some magic armour of moistness (started at level 10 so had a magic item budget). I was a little disappointed that the poisonous skin never really came up even though at level 10 nothing would be too likely to fail the save. Also shouting "NANG-NANG" has been a group in-joke since tomb of annihilation, so it was certainly the most common thing my character said.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I haven't had the pleasure of playing or DMing one, but I adore the little guys. There's a whole jungle island in my world, where a military installation is located. The local inhabitants are tree-dwelling Grung. If I play my cards right, my players could potentially re-enact the ground portion of the Battle of Endor. I won't railroad them into it, but I'm really hoping it works out that way.

Also if anyone's painting Grung, use a gloss clear finish on their skin for that slick effect. My wife's painted up a few and it's a lovely touch!
I’ve been making some cool grung using hero forge. A horned grung Knight, a rep-tipped obsidian grung assassin, and the only actual PC of the bunch, my tree grung Ranger Orobo (pronounced deep in the throat, it sounds like a frog sound)!
4354CACC-EF4A-43DB-A908-3F8503D41D07.png

99AD432B-3B99-4BC1-AC89-5049FF5A9A9C.png
4E3644DF-7F1F-48D4-AF91-E74580C49B0B.png

Mecheon

Sacabambaspis
The inclusion of grung in 4e makes me sad that, AFAIK, we haven't seen the grippli since 2e. :(
Given the second biggest D&D stream on Twitch has a Grippli as its mascot, I'd like to think there's some fandom for them out there and a good chance they'll come back

Plus the three froggy races all have a different niche. Grippli are tree dwelling frogs, Grung are poison dart frogs, and Bullywugs are toads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases