D&D 5E How about Them Grung?

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
Grippli and Grung are small, aren't they? While Bullywugs are medium.
You could use Grung stats for Grippli, just swap the poison skin out for a climb speed?
But yeah, I'd be happy with a sort-of-official splat for Grippli, the way they snuck Grung pc's in.

Because pets need multiple names, I've started occasionally calling our cat Nangnang (her real name is Neenu).

I told my one group that grungs were allowed as PCs, but so far no takers. Alas.

Also shouting "NANG-NANG" has been a group in-joke since tomb of annihilation, so it was certainly the most common thing my character said.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Yeh, the one in my game could create water magically so it didn't become nearly the issue I'd hoped it would.
Luckily my ranger is in an advanced magitech galaxy, so having a water tub instead of a bed on a ship shouldn't be an issue, and the druid in the party has create or destroy water.

Iry

Hero
Create Water or Shape Water can take care of the issue pretty easily. It does eat up a slot or cantrip, but the only ones really hindered are non-casting martials with no willing and helpful casters around.

doctorbadwolf

Create Water or Shape Water can take care of the issue pretty easily. It does eat up a slot or cantrip, but the only ones really hindered are non-casting martials with no willing and helpful casters around.
Yeah, and my ranger has purify food and drink, IIRC, which also helps. But a pure martial would be in a bit of a sticky wicket.

doctorbadwolf

What cultures have y’all come up with for grung, btw?

I’ve got a pretty simple homeworld that is dominated by water, with a few land masses that have some steppes, and some rainforests with immense trees, some of which are “naturally” sapient, and dragon turtles and island turtles (turtles whose backs are so immense they become islands as the ancient members of the species slumber while floating), with grung, Lizardfolk, Sahuagin, locathah, and a refugee population of aarakokra.

The seafaring grung tend to base their culture around the island turtles and dragon turtles, while the swamp grung tend to live in tree hollows and learn from the great ancient trees.

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
Also decanter of endless water, or a bag of holding (full to weight capacity with water).

darjr

I crit!
I’ve run the Grung Event at GaryCon twice now and both times were very fun. Kinda under powered, but very flavorful. Note that those games were full parties of grung.

Remove ads